The North Carolina A&T Aggies will look to take home their third straight Celebration Bowl title when they take on the Alcorn State Braves in this bowl game for the second consecutive season. With this matchup set for Saturday, Dec. 21 and taking place live from the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, let’s find out where the best value lies in this matchup.
North Carolina A&T vs Alcorn 2019 Celebration Bowl Odds & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 12:00 PM ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: ABC
- Radio: North Carolina A&T / Alcorn State
- Live Stream:
- 2019 Celebration Bowl Odds: North Carolina A&T -2.5 / Total: 51.5
Why Bet On North Carolina A&T?
The Aggies won their final two regular season contests including an emphatic 54-0 blowout win over North Carolina Central on Nov. 23. NC A&T won their third straight MEAC drown this year in head coach Sam Washington’s second season.
Quarterback Kylil Carter threw for 1,856 yards and 12 touchdowns this year for the Aggies while running back Jah Maine Martin made the first-team All-MEAC by rushing for 1,214 yards and 19 touchdowns.
Chris Moseley leads the Aggies with three interceptions. N.C. A&T ranks in the top 20 in scoring offense, (35.7 ppg) while also ranking inside the top 10 in scoring defense (18.6 ppg). The bad news is that the Aggies struggle with penalties, ranking 106th in fewest penalties with 8.09 penalties per game.
Why Bet On Alcorn State?
The Braves finished 9-3 while winning the SWAC championship. Alcorn State closed out the regular season by winning three straight games including a 39-24 win over Southern in its finale.
Head coach Fred McNair is in his fourth season as coach of the Braves and has led Alcorn State to first place finishes each season. McNair won SWAC Coach of the Year. Alcorn State quarterback Felix Harper has thrown for 2.613 yards and 30 touchdowns to win SWAC Player of the Year. Wide receiver Chris Blair racked up 775 yards while averaging 20.9 yards per catch and scoring six touchdowns.
Defensive backs Qwynnterrio Cole and Taurence Wilson both recorded four interceptions on the year. Alcorn State ranks first in turnovers in FCS. This season, the Braves has 13 fumble recoveries and 34 turnovers gained overall. The team is ranked 26th in scoring (32.8 ppg) and 12th in points allowed (19.70 ppg).
2019 Celebration Bowl Expert Analysis and Prediction
While North Carolina A&T has the higher scoring offense and the statistically better defense as well, I like Alcorn State to get the huge upset because NC A&T tuns the ball over fairly regularly and the Braves don’t. Alcorn State has looked fantastic down the stretch run of the season and they want revenge for last year’s crushing 24-22 Celebration Bowl loss. Each Celebration Bowl to date has been decided by a touchdown or less and I expect this year’s matchup to be no different.
Last year the North Carolina A&T Aggies barely got past the Alcorn State Braves 24-22. Alcorn State has gone 5-1 ATS in their last six games and 5-1 ATS in their last five games away from home. I like the Braves to get it done in an absolute thriller!
Pick: Alcorn State 31 North Carolina A&T 28
More College Football Bowls Betting News
- NCAAF 2021 Season: Top 25 Betting Options and Analysis
- NCAAF 2021 Regular Season – Clemson vs NC State Betting Preview
- NCAAF 2021 Regular Season – Georgia vs Vanderbilt Betting Preview
- NCAAF 2021 Season Week 4 Parlay Betting Picks & Predictions
- NCAAF 2021 Season – Week 4 ATS Betting Picks
- NCAAF 2021 Power Rankings After Week 3 of the 2021 Season
- 2021 NCAAF Season Week 4 SU Betting Picks to Wager On
- NCAAF Top Week 4 Matches to Must Watch and Bet On
- NCAAF 2021 Regular Season: Alabama vs Florida Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NCAAF Ohio vs Louisiana Betting Analysis and Prediction
- NCAAF Betting Predictions of Which Teams Will or Won’t Make the 2021 Playoffs
- 2021 NCAAF Season Week 3 SU Betting Picks to Wager On
- NCAAF 2021 Season – Week 3 ATS Betting Picks
- Cincinnati vs Indiana Betting Preview – 2021 NCAAF Expert Analysis