If there is one thing that we know for sure about college football, it’s that making it to the end of the regular season without taking a loss is incredibly tough. Furthermore, that single loss can end up being the one that keeps a team out of the top 4 when all is said and done. With that in mind, it’s no real surprise that the top 4 teams changes every single year, as maintaining that level of play is close to impossible over the course of several seasons.
The exception to the rule has been the Alabama Crimson Tide, as they have appeared in every single playoff, although their run looks as though it might end this season. After getting in last year, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish will see their playoff streak end at one. They are out of the running, but they will still be looking to end the regular season in some style when they hit the road to face the Stanford Cardinal in Week 14. The Irish go on the road as a 16 ½ point favorite, with the point total for this one set at 47 ½.
Notre Dame vs Stanford 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- When: Saturday, November 30 at 4 PM EST
- Where: Stanford Stadium, Stanford
- TV: FOX
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- College Football Week 14 Odds: Notre Dame -16.5 (Total 47.5)
Why bet on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish?While the Notre Dame Fighting Irish are out of the playoff hunt after going 9-2, they can take some solace in the fact that their losses came against ranked opposition in Georgia and Michigan. Still, it’s sure to be a little disappointing for a team that started as one of the favorites, but the reality is that the playoffs are always going to be an even tougher ask for teams that are an Independent.
While those looks like a straightforward win for the Irish, let’s not forget that they are just 3-7 SU in their last 10 meetings with the Cardinal and that they are 0-5 SU in their last 5 visits there. These are teams heading in different directions now, so perhaps we should pay more attention to the fact that Notre Dame is 703 ATS in their last 10 overall.
- Points per Game: 36.36
- Passing Yards: 252.82
- Rushing Yards: 177.27
- Yards per Play: 6.27
- Points per Game: 18.18
- Passing Yards: 153.45
- Rushing Yards: 164.91
- Yards per Play: 4.63
Why bet on the Stanford Cardinal?It has been, to put things mildly, a bit of a challenging season for the Stanford Cardinal, as they are coming into the final week of the regular season with a 4-7 record. This is a team that is finishing the season particularly poorly, losing 3 in a row and 4 of their last 5 ahead of this one.
While Stanford has had the better of their matchup with the Irish over the years, those wins came at a time when the Cardinal were pretty stacked and winning a lot of games every season. They are on a downturn now, though, although still very tough to beat in their own building, winning 15 of their last 20 home games. The Cardinal are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Points per Game: 21.45
- Passing Yards: 258.73
- Rushing Yards: 106.18
- Yards per Play: 5.61
- Points per Game: 28.45
- Passing Yards: 281.73
- Rushing Yards: 147.18
- Yards per Play: 6.27
Notre Dame vs Stanford College Football Week 14 Betting Trends
- Fighting Irish are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games on the road
- Fighting Irish are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games against Stanford
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Notre Dame’s last 6 games played in November
- Cardinal are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games
- Cardinal are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games this season
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Stanford’s last 18 games played on a Saturday
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Notre Dame vs StanfordThis is one of those matchups where past history really doesn’t come into play, as we have seen a reversal of fortunes for both of these teams over the past couple of seasons. I see the Irish winning this one going away.
Score: Notre Dame Fighting Irish 45 Stanford Cardinal 13
More Week 14 College Football Betting News
- Alabama vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Iowa State vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Florida State vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Preview
- Texas A&M vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Analysis
- Rutgers vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Notre Dame vs Stanford 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Navy vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Georgia vs Georgia Tech 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Analysis
- Baylor vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Oregon State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Analysis
- Colorado vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Preview
- Ohio State vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Prediction
- Boise State vs Colorado State 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Preview
- Appalachian State vs Troy 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Info