No. 6 Oklahoma has won its past 21 true road games, easily the best active streak in the country and one of the best all-time. We think it’s safe to say that streak will continue with the Sooners as huge NCAA Football betting favorites Saturday at Kansas.
How to Bet Oklahoma vs Kansas College Football Week 6 Lines & Game Info
- When: Saturday, noon ET
- Where: Memorial Stadium, Lawrence
- TV: ABC
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 6 Lines: Oklahoma -33 (Total 67)
The Sooners beat the Jayhawks 55-40 last year. Eventual Heisman winner Kyler Murray accounted for two of his five touchdowns in the fourth quarter. Murray sealed the game with a breakaway 75-yard touchdown run with 13:44 remaining, sparking a 20-point fourth quarter. He added another touchdown in the quarter and finished with 272 yards passing and two touchdowns. He rushed for 99 yards and three touchdowns. KU tailback Pooka Williams Jr. rushed for a career-high 252 yards and two touchdowns and threw for a score. The Sooners allowed 524 total offensive yards, and Kansas found a way to remain in the game.
Oklahoma leads the series 76-27-6 and has won the past 14.
Why Bet on Oklahoma?
The Sooners have been unstoppable and hammered Texas Tech 55-16 last week. Jalen Hurts passed for 413 yards and three touchdowns. Hurts also ran for 70 yards and another score for the Sooners (4-0, 1-0 Big 12). His 483 yards of total offense ranks eighth in Oklahoma history. It was the first 400-yard passing game for the senior transfer from Alabama.
He became just the third QB in Big 12 history to throw for 415-plus yards, connect on three passing touchdowns, rush for 70 yards or more and score a rushing TD in a Big 12 Conference game. Hurts posted a passing efficiency rating of 249.0, his fourth mark higher than 245.0 this season. No other FBS player since at least 1996 has recorded more than two games of an efficiency rating of 245.0-plus (min. 18 attempts) in a season.
CeeDee Lamb had career highs of 183 yards receiving and three touchdowns. He moved into to a fifth-place tie at OU in career receiving touchdowns (24), to seventh in career receiving yards (2,378) and into a tie for 10th place in career receptions (127).
OU has won 35 of its last 37 games (.946) against Big 12 opponents dating back to the 2015 season. Twenty of those 35 victories have been by at least 15 points, and 10 by at least 30 points. The Sooners have scored at least 34 points in 14 straight games and in 25 of the last 26 contests.
Oklahoma’s 21-game true road game winning streak is the longest in the nation by a mile. The Sooners haven’t lost a true road contest in five years (Oct. 4, 2014). If OU beats Kansas, the true road winning streak would represent the outright second-longest nationally in the post-World War II era (the Sooners won 25 consecutive true road games from 1953-58 under Bud Wilkinson and Alabama won 21 in a row from 1970-75).
- Points per Game: 55.67
- Passing Yards: 352.33
- Rushing Yards: 324.33
- Yards per Play: 10.46
- Points per Game: 19.67
- Passing Yards: 212.33
- Rushing Yards: 143.33
- Yards per Play: 5.74
Why Bet on Kansas?
KU is off a 51-14 loss to TCU. TCU compiled 625 yards of total offense at Amon G. Carter Stadium, 306 through the air and 319 on the ground. Freshman running back Velton Gardner scored his first-career touchdown at KU, a 45-yard run, early in the fourth quarter. It was Gardner’s longest carry in 2019 as well as the Jayhawks’ second-longest rushing touchdown of the season.
Sophomore running back Pooka Williams Jr., got into the scoring action for Kansas in the fourth quarter as well. His 25-yard catch from senior quarterback Carter Stanley was Williams’ first receiving touchdown this season. Williams Jr., ranks second in the Big 12 in career all-purpose yards per game, compiling an average of 134.07 per game. Last year’s Big 12 Freshman of the Year, Williams has totaled 351 all-purpose yards so far this season, including 308 yards on the ground.
In his first five games as a Jayhawk, junior wide receiver Andrew Parchment has hauled in 28 receptions for 377 yards and four touchdowns. Parchment’s production has come behind three 100+ yard games, and he is expected to lead the way in Oklahoma vs Kansas.
When backed up into the red zone, the Kansas defense has held strong this season, holding opponents to a 72.7 scoring percentage while in the red zone, ranking atop the Big 12. In 22 trips to the red zone, Kansas opponents have scored on 16 of those trips, while the Jayhawks have also forced one turnover.
Les Miles Against Ranked Opponents
Heading into his first matchup against a ranked opponent as the head coach at Kansas, Les Miles holds a 45-33 record in his career against ranked opponents, including a 2-2 record against Oklahoma when the Sooners are ranked. Kansas holds a 26-169-2 record against ranked opponents all-time, with their last win against Oklahoma coming on October 4, 1997.
KU’s last win against any ranked team was Sept. 11, 2010, when KU defeated No. 15 Georgia Tech, 28-25. The Jayhawks haven’t beaten a Top 10 team since 2008 when they beat No. 5 Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl on Jan. 3, 2008.
- Points per Game: 25.75
- Passing Yards: 215.25
- Rushing Yards: 186.75
- Yards per Play: 6.51
- Points per Game: 20.50
- Passing Yards: 189.75
- Rushing Yards: 184.50
- Yards per Play: 4.88
Oklahoma vs Kansas College Football Week 4 Betting Trends
- Home team is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 meetings
- Sooners are 20-0 SU in their last 20 games on the road
- Sooners are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games played in week 6
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Oklahoma’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference
- Jayhawks are 0-7 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Oklahoma
- Jayhawks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Saturday
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas’ last 5 games played in week 6
Expert Final Score Prediction for Oklahoma vs Kansas
Oklahoma 45 – Kansas 21
More Week 6 College Football Betting News
- Bowling Green vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 6 Spread & Prediction
- Georgia vs Tennessee 2019 College Football Spread, Analysis & Betting Pick
- Texas vs West Virginia 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Game Prediction
- Auburn vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Baylor vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds & Game Preview
- 2019 College Football Week 6 Parlay Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds, Overview & Picks
- Purdue vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Iowa vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds & Analysis
- College Football Picks Week Six (Ep. 734)
- Kent State vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 6 Spread & Game Preview
- Oklahoma vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Utah State vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds & Prediction
- 2019 College Football Week 6 Over/Under Betting Picks
Even More Oklahoma Sooners Archived Betting Articles
- Baylor vs Oklahoma 2019 Big 12 Championship Game Betting Lines & Analysis
- Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Pick
- TCU vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Expert Analysis
- Oklahoma vs Baylor 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Iowa State vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & Game Preview
- Oklahoma vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Game Preview
- West Virginia vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Analysis
- Texas vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Oklahoma vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Texas Tech vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Prediction
- Texas vs Oklahoma 2018 Big 12 Championship Odds
- Kansas vs Oklahoma NCAA Football Week 12 Lines & Pick
- Texas at Oklahoma NCAA Football Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Army vs Oklahoma College Football Week 4 Preview