Really not a ton to play for in this SEC game between Ole Miss and No. 11 Auburn. The Tigers can’t win the West Division but could improve their bowl stock with a victory, while the Rebels are 3-5 overall and just playing for pride. Auburn is a nearly three-TD NCAAF betting favorite at Mybookie.
How to Bet Ole Miss vs Auburn College Football Week 10 Lines & Game Info
- When: Saturday, 7 PM ET
- Where: Jordan-Hare Stadium
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 10 Lines: Auburn -19.5 (Total 52.5)
Last Ole Miss vs Auburn Meeting
Last year, Auburn won at Ole Miss 31-16. JaTarvious Whitlow rushed for 170 yards on 19 carries as Auburn rolled up 484 yards total offense without a turnover, to break open a 10-6 halftime lead. The Tigers put together scoring drives of 68, 75 and 62 yards to build a 31-9 cushion that was never seriously threatened. Anthony Schwartz recovered a fumble in the end zone after a 54-yard run by Whitlow while Malik Miller capped drives with scoring runs of 1 and 2 yards. Ole Miss had 447 yards but too often settled for field goals in the red zone.
The Tigers lead the all-time series 32-10 and are 15-3 in Auburn. Ole Miss’ win in 2012 was vacated due to NCAA ruling.
Why Bet on Ole Miss?
The Rebs have been off since losing 24-17 to Texas A&M on Oct. 19. The Rebels (3-5, 2-3 SEC) ran for 250 yards (the most given up by Texas A&M this season) and the Ole Miss defense kept the game close, but a timely Aggie defense forced a game-defining 62-yard fumble recovery for a touchdown by Buddy Johnson in the third quarter that ended up being the difference. The Aggies used a near nine-minute advantage in time of possession (34:07-25:53) and some favorable second-half field position to win.
Both Ole Miss freshman quarterbacks saw playing time, with Matt Corral finishing 10-of-17 for 124 yards while John Rhys Plumlee tacked on 70 yards of total offense.
Plumlee returned to full speed practice on Wednesday, and the Rebels expect him to be full-go when they take on Auburn. Plumlee had minor surgery on his left knee after the Texas A&M game and did not practice last week. Coach Matt Luke said he doesn’t expect there to be any limitations on Plumlee for Saturday. Plumlee has been rotating snaps with Corral over the Rebels’ last two games, and the expectation is for that to continue against Auburn. Plumlee sits at 508 yards rushing on the season, the fifth most by any quarterback in Ole Miss history. He needs just 36 more yards to break the school record.
Ole Miss has rushed for 200 or more yards in four straight games in the same season for the first time since 1998. Ole Miss has 14 explosive runs of 30 yards or more, the most in the NCAA. Five of those attempts are greater than 50 yards, the third-most in the country.
A total of 84.5 percent of Ole Miss’ offense (2,936 of 3,473 yards) have come from freshmen, the most by any team in the country. Six different freshmen have started at least one game this season for the Rebels. Ole Miss has only thrown three interceptions all season, which is the fewest in the SEC.
- Points per Game: 25.88
- Passing Yards: 201.63
- Rushing Yards: 232.50
- Yards per Play: 5.81
- Points per Game: 27.00
- Passing Yards: 284.38
- Rushing Yards: 124.25
- Yards per Play: 5.73
Why Bet on Auburn?
Auburn comes off a 23-20 loss at No. 2 LSU last week, a pretty good loss if there is such a thing. Auburn has held the opponent scoreless in 12 quarters this season, including the first quarter vs. LSU; it was only the second quarter this season LSU was held scoreless Auburn held LSU to only 47 total yards in the first quarter, the second lowest total for the Auburn defense in the first quarter this year (Arkansas had 35).
Auburn is the only team in the current AP Top 25 that has played three other current Top 25 teams (#1 LSU, #6 Florida, #7 Oregon) with two more still to play (#8 Georgia, #2 Alabama).
Sophomore Seth Williams became the 28th player In Auburn history with more than 1,000 career receiving yards; he now has 1,057 career yards on 55 receptions. Starting QB Bo Nix struggled again, though, completing just 15-for-35 for 157 yards with a TD and a pick. He rushed for minus-16 yards on nine carries with a TD.
If Nix gets hurt in this game, Auburn could be in big trouble because backup Joey Gatewood left the team this week. Nix and Gatewood battled for the starting job during preseason camp, with Nix emerging as the victor in mid-August. Gatewood’s discussion with Malzahn and other staffers at Auburn came on the heels of a subpar performance by the offense in which Gatewood’s role was diminished as a “package” quarterback behind Nix.
Auburn has one of the nation’s top defenders in lineman Derrick Brown. Brown is one of only two defensive players among 20 semifinalists for the Maxwell Award for the Collegiate Player of the Year, along with Ohio State defensive lineman Chase Young. In eight games, Brown has four sacks, seven tackles for loss and shares the SEC lead with two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. With 11 fumble recoveries and 12 forced fumbles, Auburn ranks third nationally behind UAB and Illinois (12) in both categories.
Eleven of the last 15 games in the Ole Miss series have been decided by double digits; Auburn has a 9-2 record in those games.
- Points per Game: 36.29
- Passing Yards: 193.57
- Rushing Yards: 239.57
- Yards per Play: 6.08
- Points per Game: 17.14
- Passing Yards: 224.71
- Rushing Yards: 94.29
- Yards per Play: 4.69
Ole Miss vs Auburn College Football Week 10 Betting Trends
- Road team is 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings
- Over is 7-3 in the last 10 meetings
- Rebels are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games on the road
- Rebels are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played in November
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Mississippi’s last 5 games played in week 10
- Tigers are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games played in November
- Tigers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Auburn’s last 20 games played on a Saturday
Expert Final Score Prediction for Ole Miss vs Auburn
Ole Miss 10 – Auburn 37
More Week 10 College Football Betting News
- Boise State vs San Jose State 2019 College Football Week 10 Odds & Prediction
- Ole Miss vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 10 Lines & Game Preview
- Utah vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 10 Odds, Preview & Pick
- SMU vs Memphis 2019 College Football Week 10 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Wofford vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 10 Odds & Analysis
- Georgia vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 10 Betting Lines & Preview
- Virginia Tech vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 10 Odds & Expert Pick
- Michigan vs Maryland 2019 College Football Week 10 Spread & Prediction
- North Carolina State vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 10 Lines & Preview
- College Football Picks Week Ten (Ep. 746)
- Georgia Southern vs Appalachian State 2019 College Football Week 10 Odds & Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 10 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 10 Parlay Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 10 ATS Betting Picks