How to Bet Penn State vs Iowa College Football Week 7 Spread & Game Info
- When: Saturday, 7:30 PM ET
- Where: Kinnick Stadium
- TV: ABC
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 7 Spread: Penn State -4 (Total 43.5)
Penn State beat Iowa in State College last year 30-24. Nittany Lions safety Nick Scott intercepted a pass at the 2 with 3:18 left in the fourth quarter to thwart one Hawkeyes drive and Penn State needed one more stop after that. Iowa drove to the Nittany Lions 44 in the final minute. On fourth-and-10 with 7 seconds remaining, Penn State’s pass rush swarmed Nate Stanley, who flipped backward to offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs. The 300-pounder rumbled 15 yards before being dragged down with no time left.
The last two Penn State-Iowa games have been decided by eight combined points, highlighted by a “walk-off” touchdown win for Penn State the last time the teams met in Iowa City in 2017.
Why Bet on Penn State?
The Nittany Lions were 35-7 winners over Purdue last week. In the game’s first 16 minutes, Penn State (5-0, 2-0 Big Ten) built a 28-0 lead as quarterback Sean Clifford was responsible for four touchdowns, rushing for one and throwing three, while the defense held Purdue to just 1 yard. For the game, the Nittany Lions held the Boilers to 104 total yards and minus-19 rushing yards – the fewest rushing yards allowed by Penn State since 1978 and fifth-fewest since 1947. Dating back to last year, Penn State has held its last seven regular-season opponents to 13 points or less.
Clifford completed 11-of-14 pass attempts for 205 yards three touchdowns and an interception in the first half and finished 20-for-29 with 264 passing yards. Penn State’s 94 points in consecutive Big Ten games is the highest two-game point total in consecutive Big Ten games since the Nittany Lions scored 129 in the last conference game of 2017 at Maryland and the 2018 Big Ten opener at Illinois (66 at Maryland and 63 at Illinois).
The Nittany Lions once again held its opponent scoreless in the first quarter and are now the only team in the country to not allow any first quarter points this season, as both Oklahoma and Missouri gave up opening stanza scores today.
Penn State has 25 sacks through five games to average a nation-leading 5.0 sacks per game. Penn State’s pass rush is led by Yetur Gross-Matos (5.5 total, 1.10 spg) and Shaka Toney (5.0 total, 1.00 spg), who rank 11th and 12th, respectively in FBS. The Nittany Lions also lead the country with 10.4 tackles for loss per game.
- Points per Game: 50.00
- Passing Yards: 316.00
- Rushing Yards: 193.50
- Yards per Play: 7.52
- Points per Game: 7.50
- Passing Yards: 206.50
- Rushing Yards: 68.00
- Yards per Play: 3.95
Why Bet on Iowa?
Penn State (7.4 ppg) and Iowa (8.8 ppg) rank second and third, respectively, in FBS in scoring defense this season, trailing only Wisconsin (5.8 ppg). Penn State has not allowed more than 13 points in a game this season, while Iowa has not allowed more than 17. The Hawkeyes have allowed just 61 first downs, third fewest in the country and second in the Big Ten.
Last week, Iowa limited No. 16 Michigan to 10 points and 267 yards of offense, but only managed a field goal in its first loss of the season. The Hawkeyes had six trips make it inside the Michigan 36-yard line and only managed points on one. They went 6-for-17 on third down, giving up 8 sacks and amassing a season-high 8 penalties.
The Wolverines sacked Iowa quarterback Nate Stanley eight times for a loss of 65 yards, leaving the Hawkeyes with just one rushing yard. Iowa only attempted to actually run the ball at Michigan 22 times while they passed 42. That’s wildly unbalanced for a team that prides itself on establishing the run and utilizing a balanced attack.
The Hawkeyes allowed their first rushing touchdown of the season last week at Michigan. It was the only touchdown of the game. Iowa and Penn State are two of six schools in the country to allow one rushing touchdown or fewer. Georgia is the only team to allow zero rushing touchdowns.
Some NumbersStanley ranks 15th in FBS among active career leaders in passing yards with 6,576. Stanley has started the last 31 games at quarterback (21-10), and the Hawkeyes have averaged 29.5 points per game in those starts. That average ranks fifth in school history, and 10th nationally among active quarterbacks. Stanley is 13-4 at Kinnick Stadium, 10-10 in all Big Ten games, and 6-4 in conference games at Kinnick Stadium.
Iowa is one of four teams (joining Penn State, Ohio State and Wisconsin) to rank in the top four of the Big Ten in both total offense and defense. Iowa is hosting Penn State under the lights for the fourth me (1-2), more than any other school. The Hawkeyes are 13-6 all-time in games played under the lights at Kinnick.
- Points per Game: 33.50
- Passing Yards: 247.50
- Rushing Yards: 217.50
- Yards per Play: 6.28
- Points per Game: 8.50
- Passing Yards: 172.50
- Rushing Yards: 78.50
- Yards per Play: 4.87
Penn State vs Iowa College Football Week 7 Betting Trends
- Home team is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings
- Nittany Lions are 11-2 SU in their last 13 games played in October
- Nittany Lions are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 7
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Penn State’s last 10 games
- Hawkeyes are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games this season
- Hawkeyes are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Big 10 conference
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Iowa’s last 7 games played in week 7
Expert Final Score Prediction for Penn State vs Iowa
Penn State 20 – Iowa 23
More Week 7 College Football Betting News
- Utah vs Oregon State 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Betting Pick
- Hawaii vs Boise State 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Prediction
- Washington vs Arizona 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Preview
- South Carolina vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines, Game Info & Pick
- Florida State vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Preview
- College Football Picks Week Seven (Ep. 737)
- Virginia vs Miami 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Preview
- Louisville vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Penn State vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Analysis
- USC vs Notre Dame State 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Betting Preview
- Washington State vs Arizona State 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Prediction
- Michigan State vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Expert Pick
- Florida vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Colorado vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Game Analysis
Even More Penn State Archived Betting Articles
- Journey Brown Heisman Trophy Odds & Analysis For 2020 Season
- Memphis vs Penn State 2019 Cotton Bowl Betting Spread & Preview
- Rutgers vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Penn State vs Ohio State 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Indiana vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Penn State vs Minnesota 2019 College Football Week 11 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Penn State vs Michigan State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Prediction
- Michigan vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Pick
- Penn State vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Analysis
- Purdue vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Kentucky vs Penn State 2019 Citrus Bowl Odds & Expert Pick
- Maryland vs Penn State NCAA Football Week 13 Odds & Prediction
- Penn State at Michigan NCAA Football Week 10 Odds & Pick
- Iowa vs Penn State NCAA Football Week 9 Betting Prediction