The Tennessee Volunteers will look to pull off the monumental upset when they head to Tuscaloosa for their Week 8 matchup against top-ranked Alabama. With the perennially-powerful Crimson Tide looking to take another step toward making their sixth consecutive appearance in the BCS College Football Playoffs, let’s find out if Tennessee can at least cover the huge spread in this SEC matchup as nearly five-touchdown road dogs.
Tennessee vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Prediction
- When: Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 9:00 PM ET
- Where: Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 8 Odds: Alabama -34.5 / Total: 61
- Thunderstorms: 14°C/57°F
- Humidity: 96%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Wind: 4 mph NNE
- Cloud Cover: 48%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On Tennessee?
Believe it or not college football betting faithful, there are a few good reasons to back the Volunteers in this contest. First, Tennessee is coming off just their second win of the season by upsetting Mississippi State as a 5-point home underdog. Then, there’s the fact the the Vols are coming off a fine defensive effort in which they recorded an impressive seven sacks as well as three interceptions. Then, there’s the fact that Alabama apparently takes its foot off the gas pedal against weak teams. The Crimson Tide are a winless 0-5 ATS in their last five games against a team with a losing record. Combine all of that with the fact that Tennessee is getting 34.5 points and…well…miracles do happen.
- Average Score For: 23.60
- Total Yards: 352.80
- Pass Yards: 215.20
- Rush Yards: 137.60
- Average Score Against: 28.80
- Total Yards: 377
- Pass Yards: 209.60
- Rush Yards: 167.40
Why Bet On No. 1 Alabama?
There are probably too many reasons why you should back the Tide in this matchup so I’ll be brief by starting with the fact that Alabama is far superior to Tennessee on both sides of the ball. The Crimson Tide are ranked a stellar second in scoring at 51.0 points per game and they’ve scored at least 42 points in each game this season while racking up three victories by 39 points or more. Alabama is also limiting the opposition to just 17.0 points per game and they’ve won 13 straight in this SEC rivalry. Then, there’s the fact that quarterback Tua Tagovailoa will almost certainly be the best player on the field in this contest. The junior signal-caller threw four touchdown passes in last week’s 47-28 victory over Texas A&M and junior wideouts DeVonta Smith and Jerry Jeudy have combined for 15 touchdown catches.
- Average Score For: 51.80
- Total Yards: 554.60
- Pass Yards: 380.60
- Rush Yards: 174
- Average Score Against: 14.80
- Total Yards: 325.40
- Pass Yards: 190.60
- Rush Yards: 134.80
College Football Week 8 Betting Trends for Tennessee vs Alabama
- Tennessee is 2-6 ATS in the last 8 games
- Tennessee is 2-6 SU in the last 8 games
- The total went OVER in 5 of Tennessee’s last 7 games played in October
- Alabama is 3-6 ATS in the last 9 games.
- Alabama is 6-0 SU in the last 6 games.
- The total went OVER in 4 of Alabama’s last 5 games.
Tennessee vs Alabama Expert Analysis and Prediction
Prior to last week’s upset win over Mississippi State, I had no doubt that Tennessee was completely and utterly inept in every phase of the game. I’m sorry, but the Vols’ win over the Bulldogs last weekend did nothing to change my mind about the direction of Tennessee’s gridiron program under Jeremy Pruitt.
I’m thinking Tua Tagovailoa is going to light up Tennessee’s defense to lead the Tide to the huge home win. The Favorite is 7-2 ATS in the last 9 meetings and Alabama has gone 11-3-1 ATS in the last 15 meetings. Last but not least, Alabama has won each of the last three meetings by 37 points or more.
Pick: Alabama 56 Tennessee 14
More College Football Week 8 Betting News
- Texas A&M vs Ole Miss 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida State vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Analysis
- Arizona State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma State 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Expert Pick
- Duke vs Virginia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- Tulsa vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Analysis
- Tennessee vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Prediction
- Oregon vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Preview
- Temple vs SMU 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- LSU vs Mississippi State 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Kentucky vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Purdue vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Game Preview
- Auburn vs Arkansas 2019 College Football Week 8 Betting Lines & Analysis