As we head into Week 5 of the college football season, we are starting to see a definite separation between the teams at the top and the rest of the pack. While there is certainly still time for the current rankings to change, which they almost certainly will, the teams who have already taken a loss know that they really cannot afford to drop another one. If they do, their attentions are likely to shift from thinking about a conference championship game to ensuring that they land in one of the more appealing bowl games.
For both of these teams, the thought of a conference championship may have already gone, as they both come into this one with a 2-2 record. It’s not quite a must win for either team, but both will be looking to get back on track and into the win column. While this game is listed as a neutral venue game, the fact that it will be played in Texas means that we are essentially looking at a home game for the Aggies. Texas A&M are in as a 23 point favorite, with the point total set at 57 ½.
Texas A&M vs Arkansas 2019 College Football Week 5 Lines & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, September 28, 12 PM EST
- Where: AT&T Stadium, Arlington
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 5 Lines: Texas A&M -23 (Total 57.5)
- Partly Cloudy: 33°C/92°F
- Humidity: 63%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Cloud Cover: 44%
- Wind: 14 mph SSE
- Stadium Type: Retractable
Why bet on the Texas A&M Aggies?The problem that the Aggies have faced this season is that they have found a way to come up short when facing ranked teams. Their 24-10 loss to Clemson in Week 2 was not entirely unexpected, particularly since that one was on the road, but they would have probably hoped for better last week, when they ended up losing 28-20 to the Auburn Tigers. It was that loss that was the most harmful, as it puts them in an early hole in the race for the SEC West.
Their chances of catching both Auburn and Alabama in there now seems pretty slim. This is a good opportunity to bounce back, though, as they are 7-0 SU in their last 7 meetings with Arkansas. The Aggies are also 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- Points per Game: 37.67
- Passing Yards: 292.67
- Rushing Yards: 174.00
- Yards per Play: 6.48
- Points per Game: 11.33
- Passing Yards: 184.67
- Rushing Yards: 83.67
- Yards per Play: 4.38
Why bet on the Arkansas Razorbacks?It has been a rough start to the season for the Arkansas Razorbacks, who come in with a 2-2 record. While that record is the same as the Aggies, losing to teams like San Jose State is not quite as forgivable as dropping games to Clemson and Auburn. This is not a fluke, though, as Arkansas have had some serious struggles for a while now, managing just 3 wins in their last 15 games. To make matters worse, they have not won in their last 10 meetings with teams from the SEC.
They haven’t had any joy against the spread either, going 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games. The UNDER may be the only way to play the Razorbacks, as that is how things have gone in 4 of their last 5.
- Points per Game: 30.67
- Passing Yards: 265.33
- Rushing Yards: 160.00
- Yards per Play: 5.96
- Points per Game: 26.00
- Passing Yards: 202.00
- Rushing Yards: 177.33
- Yards per Play: 5.44
Texas A&M vs Arkansas 2019 College Football Week 5 Betting Trends
- Aggies are 7-0 SU in their last 7 games against Arkansas
- Aggies are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Southeast conference
- Razorbacks are 3-12 SU in their last 15 games
- Razorbacks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Saturday
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arkansas’ last 5 games played in week 5
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Texas A&M vs ArkansasI think this is the ideal game for the Aggies as they look to get back to winning ways. They will get the win quite easily, covering the spread in the process. I also like the OVER in this one.
Score: Texas A&M Aggies 45 – Arkansas Razorbacks 17
More College Football Week 5 Betting News
- Mississippi State vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Expert Pick
- Connecticut vs UCF 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Game Preview
- USC vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Virginia vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 5 Lines & Game Prediction
- Towson vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Clemson vs North Carolina 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Game Preview
- Middle Tennessee State vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Analysis
- Northwestern vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Expert Pick
- Texas Tech vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Prediction
- 2019 College Football Week 5 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 5 ATS Betting Picks
- Washington State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Preview and Prediction
- Penn State vs Maryland 2019 College Football Week 4 Lines & Game Prediction
- Arizona State vs California 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Game Preview and Pick