LSU fell from No. 1 to No. 2 in the latest College Football Playoff Top 25 but it doesn’t much matter as the Tigers will be in the national semifinals if they win out. LSU looks to avoid a trap game Saturday vs. Texas A&M ahead of the SEC title matchup vs. No. 4 Georgia. The Tigers are solid NCAAF betting favorites at Mybookie vs. A&M.
How to Bet Texas A&M at LSU NCAA Football Odds & TV Info
- When: Saturday, 7 PM ET
- Where: Tiger Stadium
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 14 Betting Lines: LSU -17 (Total 64)
Texas A&M vs LSU Last SeasonLSU lost maybe the wildest college football game ever last November at Texas A&M, losing 74-72 in double overtime. That tied the NCAA record for most overtimes in an FBS game. Kellen Mond hit Kendrick Rogers on the winning 2-point conversion.
Mond connected with Quartney Davis on a 17-yard throw to tie it at 72. Greedy Williams was called for pass interference on the first 2-point conversion try, giving the Aggies another shot. Joe Burrow had a 10-yard TD run to put LSU up 72-66 in the seventh OT, but his 2-point conversion throw failed. The 146 combined points were the most in an FBS game in NCAA history and the second-most in college football history.
LSU leads the all-time 33-21-3 and has covered the spread in all seven meetings as SEC foes.
Why Bet on Texas A&M?The Aggies will be the become the first team in NCAA history to play three top-ranked teams in the same season – LSU is still No. 1 in the AP Top 25. A&M lost earlier this season at No. 1 Clemson and home to No. 1 Alabama.
This past Saturday, the Aggies had a four-game winning streak end in a 19-13 loss at No. 4 Georgia. All four of Texas A&M’s defeats this season have come against teams ranked in the top 15 of the current College Football Playoff ranking – No. 3 Clemson, No. 4 Georgia, No. 5 Alabama and No. 15 Auburn.
On a wet day between the hedges, the Bulldogs managed only 260 total yards and didn’t seal the victory until D’Andre Swift broke off an 11-yard run on third-and-1 with 2 1/2 minutes remaining. Texas A&M (7-4, 4-3) was held to just minus-1 yards rushing and 274 yards overall, one week after piling up 319 yards on the ground in a rout of South Carolina.
The A&M defense has recorded an interception in five of the last seven games, tallying 10 takeaways on the season. The Aggie defense currently leads the SEC and ranks sixth in the nation in pass efficiency defense (108.74).
Light at the end of the tunelIn the loss, junior QB Kellen Mond joined 2012 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel as the only players in school history with more 7,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards in their careers. With 275 passing and -8 rushing against the Bulldogs, Mond’s career totals now stand at 7,192 passing and 1,276 rushing. Among active QBs nationally, Mond joins Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts, Texas’ Sam Ehlinger and Michigan State’s Brian Lewerke as 7,000/1,000 signal-callers. This year, Mond is one of only four players in the Football Bowl Subdivision to have gained at least 390 rushing yards and passed for at least 2,700 yards.
Saturday marks the eighth time the Aggies have faced the AP No. 1 team since joining the SEC in 2012. The last time A&M knocked off a top-ranked opponent was the 2012 season, its first in the SEC. The Aggies took down No. 1 Alabama on the road, 29-24. A&M is 2-15 all-time when facing the AP No. 1 team.
- Points per Game: 32.09
- Passing Yards: 260.73
- Rushing Yards: 159.00
- Yards per Play: 6.07
- Points per Game: 20.18
- Passing Yards: 192.27
- Rushing Yards: 129.18
- Yards per Play: 4.99
Why Bet on LSU?LSU blasted Arkansas 56-20 last week to clinch a spot in the SEC title game for the first time since 2011. The Tigers scored eight touchdowns, with each scoring drive lasting less than 2:30. In the third quarter, LSU needed only four plays to score three touchdowns in a five-minute span, ultimately turning a 7-6 advantage early in the second quarter into a 56-6 runaway only eight seconds into the fourth quarter.
In 2 1/2 quarters of action, LSU senior quarterback Joe Burrow completed 23-of-28 passes for 327 yards and three touchdowns. Burrow is a lock to win the Heisman. Burrow, who has touchdown passes in 15-straight games, became the fourth SEC quarterback to surpass 4,000 passing yards in a season and moved to third in league history with 41 touchdown passes.
Doak Walker Award semifinalist and Hornung Award finalist Clyde Edwards-Helaire had seven catches for 65 yards – all in the first half – and ran only six times for 188 yards and three touchdowns. Edwards-Helaire became the 14th Tiger to rush for 1,000 yards in a season.
Key NumbersThe Tigers are 6-0 at home this year and have won seven straight at home and 15 of their last 16 games in Tiger Stadium. LSU is off to an 11-0 start for the first time since 2011 and third time overall. Other 11-0 starts came in 1958 and 2011. LSU finished 11-0 in 1958 and 13-1 in 2011. Under Ed Orgeron, LSU is 22-1 when having a 100-yard rusher and the Tigers are 34-2 when reaching the 20-point mark.
LSU leads the SEC in scoring offense (48.5), total offense (561.1), passing offense (386.8), first downs (27.4) and the Tigers are No. 2 in redzone offense (55-of-57). LSU’s defense ranks No. 5 in the SEC in rushing yards per game (129.8), No. 9 in total defense (362.0) and scoring defense (23.5).
- Points per Game: 48.55
- Passing Yards: 386.82
- Rushing Yards: 174.27
- Yards per Play: 7.95
- Points per Game: 23.45
- Passing Yards: 232.73
- Rushing Yards: 129.27
- Yards per Play: 5.29
Texas A&M vs LSU College Football Week 14 Betting Trends
- Favorite is 7-1-1 ATS in their last 9 meetings
- Aggies are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games played in November
- Aggies are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Texas A&M’s last 6 games on the road
- Tigers are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Louisiana State’s last 8 games against an opponent in the Southeast conference
Expert Final Score Prediction for Texas A&M vs LSUTexas A&M 26 – LSU 42
More Week 14 College Football Betting News
- Alabama vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Iowa State vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Florida State vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Preview
- Texas A&M vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Analysis
- Rutgers vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Notre Dame vs Stanford 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Navy vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Georgia vs Georgia Tech 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Analysis
- Baylor vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Oregon State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Analysis
- Colorado vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Preview
- Ohio State vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Prediction
- Boise State vs Colorado State 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Preview
- Appalachian State vs Troy 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Info