There is always talk about which conference is the toughest to navigate in college football, but it’s tough to come up with a definitive answer. Teams rise and fall over the course of time, making a once tough conference not quite so strong, like what is currently happening in the PAC 12. The Big Ten always has a number of good teams in there, but it’s arguably the SEC that always seems to be the best in college football. It’s not just because of Alabama and their dominance, though, as you also have the likes of Georgia, Florida, Auburn, and LSU looking to compete.
While that’s all great for fans who follow the SEC, it does make things a good deal tougher for the smaller schools looking to break out in the conference. Texas A&M and the Ole Miss Rebels would fall into that category, as they look to be a good way off the pace being set by the big dogs. These two will hook up in Oxford on Saturday night, with the Texas A&M Aggies in as a 6-point favorite. The point total for this one has been set at 55 ½.
Texas A&M vs Ole Miss 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, October 19 at 7:30 PM EST
- Where: Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford
- TV: SEC Network
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchSEC
- College Football Week 8 Odds: Texas A&M -6 (Total 55.5)
- Sunny: 19°C/67°F
- Humidity: 63%
- Precipitation: 3%
- Cloud Cover: 14%
- Wind: 3 mph SE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Texas A&M Aggies?
It would be easy to look at the 3-3 record of the Texas A&M Aggies and declare that they have taken a backward step this season, but you really need to look a little closer. The 3 losses that they have taken this season have come against Clemson, Auburn, and Alabama. There are very few teams in the country who could play those teams and come away with anything other than an 0-3 record.
With the toughest part of their schedule out of the way, the Aggies will be looking to finish the season strong, just as they did last season. In their last 10 games, Texas A&M are 7-3 SU, but the road has not been kind to them, as they are 1-5 SU in their last 6 away from home. They are just 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games versus the SEC.
- Points per Game: 32.80
- Passing Yards: 292.80
- Rushing Yards: 133.40
- Yards per Play: 6.02
- Points per Game: 17.80
- Passing Yards: 191.40
- Rushing Yards: 108.40
- Yards per Play: 4.73
Why bet on the Ole Miss Rebels?
For the Ole Miss Rebels, the remainder of the season is all about getting the 3 wins they need to secure themselves a bowl game. They come into this one sitting at 3-4 on the season, with 3 of those losses coming in the last 4 games. The Rebels are 2-2 SU in conference play and already well out of the race for the SEC West.
It has been a rough go of things for the Rebels in the last few seasons, and they are now just 3-9 SU in their last 12 games overall. While they are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games versus conference opponents, they are still just 5-12 ATS in their last 17 games overall.
- Points per Game: 27.17
- Passing Yards: 203.67
- Rushing Yards: 234.33
- Yards per Play: 5.91
- Points per Game: 25.67
- Passing Yards: 295.67
- Rushing Yards: 99.33
- Yards per Play: 5.55
Texas A&M vs Ole Miss 2019 College Football Week 8 Betting Trends
- Aggies are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games on the road
- Aggies are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games played in week 8
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Texas A&M’s last 9 games played in October
- Rebels are 4-8 SU in their last 12 games played in week 8
- Rebels are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Mississippi’s last 5 games against Texas A&M
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Texas A&M vs Ole Miss
If you toss out those three losses to highly ranked opponents this season, the Aggies have not been that bad. I certainly think that they are more than good enough to head into Oxford and come away with the win, covering the spread in the process.
Score: Texas A&M Aggies 39 – Ole Miss Rebels 21
More Week 8 College Football Betting News
- Texas A&M vs Ole Miss 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida State vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Analysis
- Arizona State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma State 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Expert Pick
- Duke vs Virginia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- Tulsa vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Analysis
- Tennessee vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Prediction
- Oregon vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Preview
- Temple vs SMU 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- LSU vs Mississippi State 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Kentucky vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Purdue vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Game Preview
- Auburn vs Arkansas 2019 College Football Week 8 Betting Lines & Analysis