The only Big 12 team ranked in the Top 10 nationally is No. 6 Oklahoma, and the Sooners play their conference opener on Saturday against visiting Texas Tech, which hasn’t won in the series in several years and is a sizable NCAA Football betting underdog.
How to Bet Texas Tech at Oklahoma NCAA Football Odds & Game Info
- When: Saturday, noon ET
- Where: Memorial Stadium
- TV: Fox
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 5 Odds: Oklahoma -27.5 (Total 72)
In 2018, Oklahoma beat Texas Tech 51-46 in a very entertaining game. Eventual Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray threw for 360 yards and three touchdowns and ra for 100 yards and another score. Trey Sermon set career highs with 206 yards rushing and three TDs for OU.
It was TTU’s eighth straight loss against a Top 10 team going back to 2012. Texas Tech QB Alan Bowman didn’t get a chance to finish the game in the second half because of a recurrence of the partially collapsed lung. He was 21 of 26 for 227 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions. The Red Raiders led 31-28 at halftime.
- Partly Cloudy: 30°C/86°F
- Humidity: 75%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Cloud Cover: 29%
- Wind: 15 mph SSE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet on Texas Tech?
TTU won’t have starting quarterback Alan Bowman as he hurt his shoulder in a loss at Arizona two weeks ago. Expected to be Jett Duffey starting – he also replaced Bowman in last year’s OU game and threw two TD passes. Duffey started three games last year and appeared in seven total. Statistically, his best game was the 41-34 loss to Texas in Lubbock. Duffey put up 444 yards through the air and 80 on the ground. His season finished up with over 1,600 total yards, 12 touchdowns, and six interceptions.
New OU coach Matt Wells hasn’t yet said whether Duffey or Rice graduate transfer Jackson Tyner would start but that both would play. Duffey has the most upside as a dual threat but has turnover issues. Tyner started three games at Rice, most recently in 2017. As a freshman in 2016, he threw for 318 yards and two touchdowns against Stanford. The Red Raiders have averaged 341.3 yards per game through the air so far this season as Bowman threw for at least 300 yards against both Montana State and Arizona.
Defensively, Texas Tech is much improved this year. The Red Raiders are only allowing 13.7 points per game 306.3 yards of total offense through three games.
This will be the first time in program history the Red Raiders have opened league play against the Sooners as Tech will be looking for its first victory over a top-10 team since 2012. This is only the third time in the history of the series where Texas Tech and Oklahoma have met during the month of September.
- Points per Game: 41.50
- Passing Yards: 350.00
- Rushing Yards: 207.50
- Yards per Play: 6.45
- Points per Game: 6.50
- Passing Yards: 108.00
- Rushing Yards: 102.00
- Yards per Play: 3.59
Why Bet on Oklahoma?
The Sooners and Red Raiders are both coming off bye weeks. OU has won six straight Big 12 openers and 10 of its last 11 (lost 24-19 to No. 15 Kansas State in Norman in 2012).
The Sooners have been an offensive juggernaut so far behind Heisman Trophy favorite Jalen Hurts. Oklahoma is averaging 676.7 yards of total offense and 55.7 points per game. The Sooners lead the country in total offense and rank second in the FBS in scoring. Hurts is the only FBS player since at least 1996 to register a passing efficiency rating of at least 245.0 (min. 18 attempts) three times in a season. It has taken him just three games to accomplish the feat.
Hurts is also the only player in the country averaging more than 85 rushing yards (124.3) and at least 225 passing yards (293.3) per contest this season. He leads all quarterbacks in rushing yards per contest.
Oklahoma led the nation with its 8.3 yards per play in 2017 (the previous single-season school record was 7.6 in 1971) and then set an FBS record with its 8.6 yards per play last season. So far this season, the Sooners pace the country by averaging 10.5 yards per play. No other school averages more than 8.8.
Oklahoma owns a 20-6 record against Texas Tech (11-2 in Norman) and has won each of the last seven games in the series. OU is averaging 50.0 points, 599.1 yards and 307.7 rushing yards per contest during the streak. u The Sooners have scored at least 38 points in each of their last nine games against the Red Raiders. It is the second-longest streak against an opponent in school history (OU scored at least 38 points in 11 straight games against Kingfisher College from 1908 through 1919).
- Points per Game: 59.50
- Passing Yards: 377.50
- Rushing Yards: 332.00
- Yards per Play: 10.92
- Points per Game: 22.50
- Passing Yards: 218.00
- Rushing Yards: 160.00
- Yards per Play: 5.73
Texas Tech vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 5 Betting Trends
- Home team is 6-0 ATS in their last 6 meetings
- Over is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings in Oklahoma
- Red Raiders are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference
- Red Raiders are 12-4-2 ATS in their last 18 games played in September
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Texas Tech’s last 7 games on the road
- Sooners are 12-0 SU in their last 12 games at home
- Sooners are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Saturday
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Oklahoma’s last 8 games against Texas Tech
Expert Final Score Prediction for Texas Tech vs Oklahoma
Texas Tech 28 – Oklahoma 48
More College Football Week 5 Betting News
- Mississippi State vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Expert Pick
- Connecticut vs UCF 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Game Preview
- USC vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Virginia vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 5 Lines & Game Prediction
- Towson vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Clemson vs North Carolina 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Game Preview
- Middle Tennessee State vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Analysis
- Northwestern vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Expert Pick
- Texas Tech vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Prediction
- 2019 College Football Week 5 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 5 ATS Betting Picks
- Washington State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Preview and Prediction
- Penn State vs Maryland 2019 College Football Week 4 Lines & Game Prediction
- Arizona State vs California 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Game Preview and Pick