The Red River Rivalry takes place this Saturday, Oct. 12. Texas only has a single loss on their record. Oklahoma has played like one of the top 4 teams in the nation. Will the Texas Longhorns upset the Oklahoma Sooners at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas on Saturday? Or, will Oklahoma continue to show why they belong in the College Football Playoff? Check out the College Football odds, analysis and a free pick for Texas vs Oklahoma!
Texas vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- When: Saturday, Oct. 12 at 12:00pm ET
- Where: Cotton Bowl, Dallas, TX
- TV: FOX
- Radio: Texas / Oklahoma
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- ATS Odds: Oklahoma -11
- Sunny: 20°C/68°F
- Humidity: 39%
- Precipitation: 10%
- Wind: 7 mph NNE
- Cloud Cover: 8%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Texas Longhorns are a good bet +11?
The Longhorns have beaten Oklahoma State and West Virginia, but their top performance might have been in a loss. Facing the Top 5 ranked LSU Tigers on Sep. 7, the Longhorns played fantastic. They lost 38-45, but they racked up 530 total yards against one of the top defenses in college football.
Oklahoma’s defense is good. Texas has proven they can score against a great defense. The Longhorns should play well enough to at least keep things closer than the spread on Saturday.
- Total Yards: 485.2
- Passing Yards: 308
- Rushing Yards: 177.2
- Points Scored: 41.8
- Total Yards: 441.8
- Passing Yards: 325
- Rushing Yards: 116.8
- Points Allowed: 26.6
Why Oklahoma Sooners are a good bet -11?
Oklahoma is only 3-2 ATS in 5 games, but the Sooners could very well be undefeated against the spread. Oklahoma had a 45-7 lead over the Kansas Jayhawks in the second half of their eventual 45-21 win. They let the Jayhawks grab a couple of garbage time touchdowns after pulling their starters. The Sooners did the same thing in Week 1’s 49-31 victory on the road against the Houston Cougars.
No way Oklahoma pulls their starters on Oct. 12. They want to pummel the Texas Longhorns. This is especially true knowing that it’s likely the Sooners must face the Horns again this season in the Big 12 Championship.
- Total Yards: 643.8
- Passing Yards: 355
- Rushing Yards: 288.8
- Points Scored: 53.4
- Total Yards: 348.2
- Passing Yards: 197.8
- Rushing Yards: 150.4
- Points Allowed: 19
College Football Week 7 Betting Trends for Texas vs Oklahoma
- Longhorns are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games following an ATS win
- Longhorns are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games on grass
- The total went OVER in 14 of Oklahoma’s last 20 games
- Sooners are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a straight up win
- Sooners are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 games overall
- The total went OVER in 4 of Texas’ last 5 games
Texas vs Oklahoma Final Betting Analysis
Oklahoma has a chance to make a statement. However, Alex Grinch’s defense, which only allows 19 points per, has a major flaw that will keep the Longhorns in this contest. The Sooners allow 150.4 rushing yards per.
The Jayhawks rumbled for 130 rushing yards, a 4.1 per carry average, in Oklahoma’s win. Kansas doesn’t have much defense. Texas doesn’t have a lock down defense, either. But, the Longhorns average 177.2 rushing yards per. That means if this ends up a shootout, the Longhorns might grab the advantage in time of possession.
Not only that, but this is practically a home game for Texas. It happens in Dallas, which is only 182.12 miles from Austin. Texas will not only cover, but they have a chance of upsetting Oklahoma on the moneyline. Back the Longhorns against the spread to cash. If you want to take a risk that could pay off big time, back the Horns on the moneyline.
College Football Week 7 Free Pick: Texas +11
More College Football Week 7 Betting News
- Utah vs Oregon State 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Betting Pick
- Hawaii vs Boise State 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Prediction
- Washington vs Arizona 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Preview
- South Carolina vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines, Game Info & Pick
- Florida State vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Preview
- College Football Picks Week Seven (Ep. 737)
- Virginia vs Miami 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Preview
- Louisville vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Penn State vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Analysis
- USC vs Notre Dame State 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Betting Preview
- Washington State vs Arizona State 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Prediction
- Michigan State vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Expert Pick
- Florida vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Colorado vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Game Analysis