The unbeaten Oklahoma Sooners will look to keep their perfect record intact when they visit a Texas Longhorns team that is going nowhere fast and looked absolutely awful for fans in their Week 5 beat-down. Now, let’s find out if the Sooners will cover the college football betting line as a nearly three-touchdown road favorite.
When: Saturday, October 10, 12:00 PM ET
Where: Cotton Bowl Stadium, Dallas, Texas
NCAAF Odds: Oklahoma -17
O/U Total: 61.5
Oklahoma looked very good in beating a very good West Virginia team 44-24 in Week 5. The Sooners have been putting points on the board like crazy ever since unearthing their gem of a signal-caller in junior quarterback Baker Mayfield. The Texas Tech transfer has been absolutely stupendous in tossing 13 touchdown passes and three interceptions while completing an impressive 65.2 percent of his passes for 1,382 yards.
Oklahoma also has an elite running back in elusive sophomore Samaje Perine. After rushing for a stunning 1,713 yards and 6.5 yards per carry as a freshman last year, Perine is averaging a healthy 4.6 yards per carry with nine touchdowns, including seven receiving scores.
Look, there’s absolutely no sense in trying to sugarcoat the state of the Texas Longhorns as they get set for this Big 12 matchup. Texas is coming off a resounding 50-7 loss against No. 2 TCU in Week 5 that was actually a lot worse then the blowout of a score indicates. The Longhorns were held to just 122 passing yards and 3.7 yards per carry in the loss while allowing the Horned Frogs to roll up a stunning 604 yards of total offense, including 376 passing yards from Heisman Trophy candidate Trevone Boykin.
“Today was awful,” second-year Texas coach Charlie Strong after falling to 7-11. “It was embarrassing. We just have to continue to coach.”
Oklahoma will win and cover the spread against a Texas Longhorns team that is probably already making plans to replace lame duck head coach Charlie Strong.
My Pick: Oklahoma 42 Texas 17
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- Mississippi State vs LSU NCAA Football Week 8 Odds & Pick
- Illinois vs Wisconsin NCAA Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- NCAA Football Week 8 Over/Under Picks
- NCAA Football Week 8 ATS Picks
- NCAA Football Week 8 SU Picks
- Ohio State vs Purdue NCAA Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Alabama at Tennessee NCAA Football Week 8 Odds & Preview
- How to Bet Colorado vs Washington NCAA Football Week 8 Lines
- NC State at Clemson NCAA Football Week 8 Odds & Pick
- Penn State at Indiana NCAA Football Week 8 Odds & Pick
- NCAA Football Week 8 Parlay Picks
- NCAA Football Week 8 Odds, Overview & Top Picks
- Oklahoma State vs Kansas State NCAA Football Week 7 Odds & Pick
- Miami vs Virginia NCAA Football Week 7 Spread & Preview
- Colorado vs USC NCAA Football Week 7 Odds & Expert Preview
- Baylor at Texas NCAA Football Week 7 Odds & Analysis
- Florida vs Vanderbilt NCAA Football Week 7 Lines & Prediction
- Virginia Tech at North Carolina NCAA Football Week 7 Lines & Pick
- Michigan State vs Penn State NCAA Football Week 7 Odds
- How to Bet UCF vs Memphis NCAA Football Week 7 Spread
- Washington vs Oregon NCAA Football Week 7 Spread & Pick
- West Virginia at Iowa State NCAA Football Week 7 Lines
- Minnesota at Ohio State NCAA Football Week 7 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Tennessee vs Auburn NCAA Football Week 7 Odds & Prediction
- Pittsburgh vs Notre Dame NCAA Football Week 7 Odds & Pick