The unbeaten Oklahoma Sooners will look to keep their perfect record intact when they visit a Texas Longhorns team that is going nowhere fast and looked absolutely awful for fans in their Week 5 beat-down. Now, let’s find out if the Sooners will cover the college football betting line as a nearly three-touchdown road favorite.
When: Saturday, October 10, 12:00 PM ET
Where: Cotton Bowl Stadium, Dallas, Texas
NCAAF Odds: Oklahoma -17
O/U Total: 61.5
Oklahoma looked very good in beating a very good West Virginia team 44-24 in Week 5. The Sooners have been putting points on the board like crazy ever since unearthing their gem of a signal-caller in junior quarterback Baker Mayfield. The Texas Tech transfer has been absolutely stupendous in tossing 13 touchdown passes and three interceptions while completing an impressive 65.2 percent of his passes for 1,382 yards.
Oklahoma also has an elite running back in elusive sophomore Samaje Perine. After rushing for a stunning 1,713 yards and 6.5 yards per carry as a freshman last year, Perine is averaging a healthy 4.6 yards per carry with nine touchdowns, including seven receiving scores.
Look, there’s absolutely no sense in trying to sugarcoat the state of the Texas Longhorns as they get set for this Big 12 matchup. Texas is coming off a resounding 50-7 loss against No. 2 TCU in Week 5 that was actually a lot worse then the blowout of a score indicates. The Longhorns were held to just 122 passing yards and 3.7 yards per carry in the loss while allowing the Horned Frogs to roll up a stunning 604 yards of total offense, including 376 passing yards from Heisman Trophy candidate Trevone Boykin.
“Today was awful,” second-year Texas coach Charlie Strong after falling to 7-11. “It was embarrassing. We just have to continue to coach.”
Oklahoma will win and cover the spread against a Texas Longhorns team that is probably already making plans to replace lame duck head coach Charlie Strong.
My Pick: Oklahoma 42 Texas 17
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Ohio State Vs Michigan State Expert Analysis – NCAAF Betting
- Texas A&M Vs Auburn Expert Analysis – NCAAF Betting
- No. 3 Clemson vs Virginia Tech | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- Syracuse vs No. 2 Notre Dame | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- No. 1 Alabama vs LSU | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- NCAAF 2020 Week 14 Top Games Expert Analysis
- NCAAF Top 25 Rankings: Winners & Losers Dec. 3rd Edition
- No. 6 Florida vs. Tennessee | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- No. 21 Louisiana vs. Appalachian State | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- NCAAF 2020 Week 14 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- NCAAF 2020 Season Week 14 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- Louisiana Tech vs. North Texas | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- NCAAF 2020 Season Week 14 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- Western Kentucky vs. Charlotte | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- NCAAF 2020 Season Week 14 ATS Picks Expert Analysis