As you look across the landscape of the Power 5 Conferences, you see several battles that look destined to go all the way down to the wire. Teams that are sitting unbeaten are not going to stay that way till the end, as they still have games with other unbeaten teams in their future. The first 8 weeks of the season has already been crazy and unpredictable at times, but you get the definite sense that the best is yet to cone.
You can bet that the top 4 as it stands now is not going to be how it looks when the playoff committee releases their final rankings of the year. Two teams who are most certainly not going to be pat of the playoff picture will go head to head, with the Texas Longhorns making the short trip to Fort Worth to take on the TCU Horned Frogs. Texas are looking to land themselves a big bowl game, while TCU still need 3 wins to be bowl eligible. The Longhorns come into this one as a 2 ½ point road favorite, with the point total set at 58 ½.
Texas vs TCU 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- When: Saturday, October 26 at 3:30 PM EST
- Where: Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth
- TV: FOX
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- College Football Week 9 Odds: Texas -2.5 (Total 58.5)
- Partly Cloudy: 19°C/66°F
- Humidity: 55%
- Precipitation: 10%
- Cloud Cover: 54%
- Wind: 9 mph WNW
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Texas Longhorns?
Technically speaking, the Texas Longhorns are still in the hunt to get into the Big 12 Conference Championship Game, but they are going to need to win out and get some help along the way. Texas is 5-2 on the season, but after going down 34-27 to the Oklahoma Sooners in the Red River Showdown a couple of weeks ago, they are now at 3-1 in the conference standings, which has them sitting outside the top two.
Going on the road for this one will certainly not be an issue for a Texas team that has won 5 of their last 6 games away from home. While the Longhorns are a healthy 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games played in the month of October, that does not extend to their meetings with TCU, where they are just 1-4 ATS in their last 5.
- Points per Game: 39.33
- Passing Yards: 291.67
- Rushing Yards: 163.00
- Yards per Play: 6.00
- Points per Game: 27.83
- Passing Yards: 310.00
- Rushing Yards: 136.00
- Yards per Play: 6.28
Why bet on the TCU Horned Frogs?
The season has tuned into a bit of a disaster for the TCU Horned Frogs, as they have now lost 3 of their last 4 games, including back to back losses against teams from the Big 12. To make matters worse, those games are not the toughest that they will face in conference play, which makes the 6 wins needed to get to a bowl game look tough to reach for the 3-3 Horned Frogs.
From a betting perspective, Week 9 has been a good time to wager on this team, as they are 13-5 SU in their last 18 Week 9 games. That, though, is tempered by the fact that they are winless in their last 6 games played in October. They are also just 2-8 ATS in their last 10 home games.
- Points per Game: 37.20
- Passing Yards: 214.80
- Rushing Yards: 241.80
- Yards per Play: 5.82
- Points per Game: 24.80
- Passing Yards: 182.80
- Rushing Yards: 101.20
- Yards per Play: 4.64
Texas vs TCU College Football Week 9 Betting Trends
- Longhorns are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games on the road
- Longhorns are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games played in October
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Texas’ last 9 games played in week 9
- Horned Frogs are 0-6 SU in their last 6 games played in October
- Horned Frogs are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Texas Christian’s last 5 games when playing as the underdog
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Texas vs TCU
With a lot still to play for, you get the feeling that the Longhorns are going to be the more motivated of the two teams. I like Texas to go on the road and get the win in a close one.
Score: Texas Longhorns 33 – TCU Horned Frogs 28
More Week 9 College Football Betting News
- Washington State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Pick
- Missouri vs Kentucky 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Expert Analysis
- Arizona State vs UCLA 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Preview
- Notre Dame vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Maryland vs Minnesota 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Analysis
- Penn State vs Michigan State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Prediction
- Texas vs TCU 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Arkansas vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Expert Pick
- Boston College vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Game Info
- College Football Picks Week Nine (Ep. 743)
- Oklahoma vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Game Preview
- Wisconsin vs Ohio State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Expert Analysis
- SMU vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Appalachian State vs South Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Analysis