The start of the college football season is drawing closer, and while we have yet to see official preseason rankings, we still have a very good idea as to who the top teams will be. Let’s now take a moment to break down the potential top 20 so you can start planning your bets against MyBookie’s NCAAF odds.
Top 20 College Football Teams for the Upcoming Season
NCAA Football Teams Power Rankings
- Alabama Crimson Tide – The defending champions have lost a lot of players to the NFL, but if we know anything about this team, it is their ability to reload and not miss a beat.
- Clemson Tigers – Trevor Lawrence is gone, but the expectation is that DJ Uigalelei will take over the QB role without skipping a beat.
- Oklahoma Sooners – This might well be the most explosive offense in all of football, with Spencer Rattler ready to lead the team.
- Georgia Bulldogs – The Bulldogs seemed to find their starting QB in JT Daniels in the second half of last season. He will have a full year and some weapons to throw to.
- Ohio State Buckeyes – Another team looking to replace a great QB. The Buckeyes look stacked from top to bottom.
- Texas A&M Aggies – The Aggies have an opportunity to be the best in the SEC, but the QB position is the big question mark.
- Oregon Ducks – For years, the Ducks were known for an exciting brand of offensive football, but now, it is the defense that is the highlight of this team.
- Iowa State Cyclones – It all begins with the Iowa State Cyclones winning the Big 12. They’ve been close, but this might well be their year.
- Cincinnati Bearcats – The Bearcats went undefeated in 2020, winning the conference championship before losing to Georgia in their bowl game. Is another great season coming?
- USC Trojans – After a weird season in the PAC-12 in 2020, it’s tough to evaluate any of those teams, but the USC Trojans do appear to have a ton of talent available.
- Indiana Hoosiers – Last year was one of the best in school history for the Hoosiers, who came very close to upsetting Buckeyes. Better things ahead?
- North Carolina Tar Heels – The Tar Heels lost some offensive weapons in the offseason, but they still have their QB and a stellar offensive line.
- Arizona State Sun Devils – This is perhaps a bit of ranking based on hype, but the Sun Devils have game changers on both sides of the football.
- Miami Hurricanes – We will get a better idea of how good this team can be when they open up the season against the Alabama Crimson Tide.
- Wisconsin Badgers – The Badgers have had 4 double-digit win seasons over the past 6 years, so they tend to be consistent without being spectacular.
- Washington Huskies – The Huskies only played 4 games in a troubled 2020 season, but they did go 3-1. Expect this team to challenge for the conference this season.
- Coastal Carolina Chanticleers – The Chanticleers were a fun story last season and 1 of only 5 teams to go unbeaten. They are returning almost all of their starters.
- Texas Longhorns – The Longhorns are a sleeping giant that have been teasing a comeback for a while. Might this be the year it happens?
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish – This might be a bit of a low ranking for the Irish, but they are going to have a tough time replacing QB Ian Book.
- Ole Miss Rebels – The Rebels are not winning the SEC, but their exciting brand of offense will make them a handful for a lot of teams.