The eighth-ranked Florida Gators will be looking to avoid off the huge upset while covering the chalk as a nearly five-touchdown home favorite when they host the Towson Tigers in a Week 5 matchup that looks intriguing because of the high spread if nothing else. With Florida looking to give its College Football Playoff hopes another boost, let’s find out if the Gators can cover the big figure in this one.
Towson vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Saturday September 28, 2019, 4:01 PM ET
- Where: Florida Field at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FL
- TV: SEC Network
- Live Stream: SEC Network
- College Football Week 5 Odds: Florida -33 / Total: Off
- Partly Cloudy: 32°C/90°F
- Humidity: 66%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Wind: 9 mph E
- Cloud Cover: 39%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On Towson at +33?
The only reason to back the Tigers in this one is the fact that they’re getting a ton of points. The bad news is that Towson just suffered a humbling 52-45 overtime loss to Villanova last weekend.
While quarterback Tom Flacco passed for 304 yards with one touchdown and one interception and added110 rushing yards and another score on the ground, the Tigers allowed Nova signal-caller Daniel Smith to toss four TD passes and rush for two more scores in the crushing loss. Towson averages 40.0 points per game while allowing 24.8 points per contest defensively.
Why Bet On Florida at -33?
The Gators have the look of a team that can cover the big spread here after smacking Tennessee around by 31 points in their 34-3 Week 4 win last weekend. The Gators took out in-state rival Miami 24-20 in their opener before pounding Tennessee-Martin 45-0 in Week 2. Florida took out Kentucky 29-21 in their hard-fought Week 3 matchup against their longtime SEC rivals before pounding the Vols senseless last weekend.
Quarterback Kyle Trask passed for 293 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions while running backs Lamical Perine and Dameon Pierce added touchdown runs in the win. The Gators are averaging 33.0 points per game (53rd) while limiting the opposition to just 11.0 points per game defensively to rank 10th nationally in points allowed.
Towson vs Florida College Football Week 5 Betting Trends
- Towson are 0-5 SU in the last 5 games
- Towson are 0-5 SU in the last 5 games on the road
- Towson are 0-8 SU in the last 8 games played in September
- Florida are 8-0 SU in the last 8 games
- Florida are 6-1 SU in the last 7 games at home
- The total went OVER in 8 of Florida’s last 12 games
Expert Analysis and Prediction for Towson vs Florida
I’m going to get right to the point by saying that, while I don’t like the high, 33-point spread in this one, I am going to back the Gators to cover the chalk. Florida has an elite defense that has looked fantastic in all four of their games this season and I believe if the Gators can beat Tennessee by 31 points like they did last weekend, they should be able to take down Towson by 34 points or more. Florida puts this one away early as they get set for their upcoming slate of SEC contests, starting with their Week 6 home date against No. 7 Auburn.
Pick: Florida 56 Towson 17
More College Football Week 5 Betting News
- Mississippi State vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Expert Pick
- Connecticut vs UCF 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Game Preview
- USC vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Virginia vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 5 Lines & Game Prediction
- Towson vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Clemson vs North Carolina 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Game Preview
- Middle Tennessee State vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Analysis
- Northwestern vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Expert Pick
- Texas Tech vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Prediction
- 2019 College Football Week 5 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 5 ATS Betting Picks
- Washington State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Preview and Prediction
- Penn State vs Maryland 2019 College Football Week 4 Lines & Game Prediction
- Arizona State vs California 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Game Preview and Pick