This is the time of the year in college football when we start to get into serious discussions about the playoffs. When we talk about that, though, we are generally focusing on the Power 5 Conferences, as those are where the top 4 teams are likely to come from. As huge as the playoffs are, it’s not the only thing going on in college football. There are other conferences to consider, as well as bowl games to be decided. Sure, none of these conferences are going to send a team to the playoffs, but for the teams involved, winning their conference championship game and getting a big bowl game is usually the goal for the season.
One of the better conference battles currently taking place can currently be found over in the AAC, where the East and West Divisions are both rather tight. Cincinnati will be trying to maintain their grip on the lead in the East this weekend when they welcome the Tulsa Golden Hurricane in what has the potential to be a trip-up type of game. The Bearcats are in as 17 ½ point home favorites, with the point total set at 47 ½.
Tulsa vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Analysis
- When: Saturday, October 19 at 3:30 PM EST
- Where: Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati
- TV: ESPNU
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 8 Lines: Cincinnati -17.5 (Total 47.5)
- Mostly Sunny: 22°C/72°F
- Humidity: 55%
- Precipitation: 10%
- Cloud Cover: 16%
- Wind: 6 mph SSE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Tulsa Golden Hurricane?
The Tulsa Golden Hurricane are coming into this one in the midst of a rough patch, a stretch of games that has seen them lose 3 of their last 4. Losing is never good, but what is perhaps even more concerning is that they are also bleeding points in those losses. The Golden Hurricane have surrendered 40 or more points in each of those 3 losses, which is not good news against a Cincinnati team that has looked very good on the offensive side of the football this season.
With those losses, Tulsa re now 0-2 in conference play and just 4-13 SU in their last 17 games overall. The road has proven to be a bit of a nightmare for this team, as they are 1-4 SU in their last 15 games away from home. Tulsa is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played in Week 8.
- Points per Game: 24.60
- Passing Yards: 274.80
- Rushing Yards: 115.60
- Yards per Play: 4.99
- Points per Game: 29.60
- Passing Yards: 224.20
- Rushing Yards: 166.60
- Yards per Play: 5.27
Why bet on the Cincinnati Bearcats?
The Bearcats head into Week 8 with a 5-1 record, with their lone loss on the season coming at the hands of Ohio State in the early part of the year. Since then, Cincinnati has been perfect, reeling off 4 straight wins and covering the spread in all 4 to go to 5-1 ATS on the season. During that run, the offense has been averaging 38 PPG, and while their lowest scoring game saw them hit 27 points, it came in a huge win over UCF.
That victory has the Bearcats at the top of the AAC East and in total control of their own destiny. The Bearcats have a perfect record in their last 10 home games and are 3-1 SU in their last 4 meetings with Tulsa, winning those games by an average of 10 PPG.
- Points per Game: 27.60
- Passing Yards: 207.60
- Rushing Yards: 187.60
- Yards per Play: 5.50
- Points per Game: 21.40
- Passing Yards: 193.00
- Rushing Yards: 129.40
- Yards per Play: 4.74
Tulsa vs Cincinnati College Football Week 8 Betting Trends
- Golden Hurricane are 1-14 SU in their last 15 games on the road
- Golden Hurricane are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played in week 8
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Tulsa’s last 9 games played in October
- Bearcats are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games this season
- Bearcats are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 5 games played in week 8
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Tulsa vs Cincinnati
This is an opportunity for the Bearcats to get a firm grip on the division, especially with Temple, their closest rivals in the East, heading to SMU for a tough one. I think the Bearcats take full advantage of this opportunity, winning and covering the spread.
Score: Tulsa Golden Hurricane 17 – Cincinnati Bearcats 42
More Week 8 College Football Betting News
- Texas A&M vs Ole Miss 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida State vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Analysis
- Arizona State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma State 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Expert Pick
- Duke vs Virginia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- Tulsa vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Analysis
- Tennessee vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Prediction
- Oregon vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Preview
- Temple vs SMU 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- LSU vs Mississippi State 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Kentucky vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Purdue vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Game Preview
- Auburn vs Arkansas 2019 College Football Week 8 Betting Lines & Analysis