Conference Championship Weekend in college football is upon us, which means that we all have some decisions to make. Do we focus on watching and wagering on the Power 5 games or do we spread our wings a little? I think the perfect solution is to hit your local sports bar and tune into all the games on multiple TV’s. Of course, to make things even more interesting, it might be a good idea to have a little action going on all the games.
Even if you don’t usually follow the Group of 5 conferences, there is still more than enough info out there to help you make an informed decision on where your money should go in those games.
There are some of those matchups that also look as though they could be thoroughly entertaining, too, with the Conference USA Championship Game certainly up there on the list. You have the defending conference champion UAB Blazers forced to go on the road into hostile territory to face the Florida Atlantic Owls in a game that promises offense. The Owls are in as a 7 ½ point favorite, with the point total set at 49 ½.
UAB vs Florida Atlantic 2019 Conference USA Championship Spread & Betting Preview
- When: Saturday, December 7 at 1:30 PM EST
- Where: FAU Football Stadium, Boca Raton
- TV: CBSSN
- Radio: UAB / Florida Atlantic
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com
- Conference USA Championship Odds: Florida Atlantic -7.5
- Sunny: 27°C/80°F
- Humidity: 63%
- Precipitation: 10%
- Wind: 9 mph N
- Cloud Cover: 13%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why bet on the UAB Blazers?
The Blazers looked to be dead and buried after losing back to back games in the late stages of the season, but they were able to close out the year with 3-straight wins. Those victories put them in a 3-way tie for the division, but they made it into the conference championship game courtesy of winning a tiebreaker.
The Blazers have won 6 of their last 7 games versus team from C-USA, but they are also just 2-4 SU in their last 6 versus the Owls. They are also 2-4 ATS in those 6 games, with all 6 of those previous meetings going OVER the point total. Away from home, the Blazers have covered the spread in 4 of their last 5 games.
- Average Score For: 25.08
- Total Yards: 363.50
- Pass Yards: 202.50
- Rush Yards: 161.00
- Average Score Against: 18.50
- Total Yards: 269.83
- Pass Yards: 177.50
- Rush Yards: 92.33
Why bet on the Florida Atlantic Owls?
Much like the Blazers, the Florida Atlantic Owls needed to go on a late season run to book their place in the C-USA Conference Championship Game. They did so by winning each of their last 5 games in rather convincing style, averaging close to 40 PPG in those wins. Besides that winning streak to end the regular season, the Owls have also come out on top in 9 of their last 10 games overall.
As far as the over/under goes, there are a couple of different ways to look at the Owls. As mentioned earlier, each of the last 6 meetings between these teams has gone OVER. On the flipside, in December games, the Owls have seen each of their last 7 go UNDER. Do you go with the December trend here or the head to head?
- Average Score For: 34.08
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 276.67
- Rush Yards: 154.17
- Average Score Against: 23.67
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 246.08
- Rush Yards: 136.50
2019 Conference USA Championship Betting Trends for UAB vs Florida Atlantic
- UAB is 2-4 ATS in the last 6 games against Florida Atlantic
- UAB is 11-3 SU in the last 14 games
- The total went UNDER in 4 of UAB’s last 5 games
- Florida Atlantic is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 games
- Florida Atlantic is 5-0 SU in the last 5 games
- The total went OVER in 6 of Florida Atlantic’s last 6 games against UAB
UAB vs Florida Atlantic Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
The UAB Blazers are the defending champions, but I think they have a lot of things stacked against them here. I like the Owls to win at home, and I also like them to cover the spread in what is likely to be a high-scoring game.
Final Score: UAB Blazers 28 FAU Owls 40
More College Football Week 15 Betting News
- Southern vs Alcorn State 2019 SWAC Championship Odds & Prediction
- UAB vs Florida Atlantic 2019 Conference USA Championship Spread & Betting Preview
- Louisiana-Lafayette vs Appalachian State 2019 Sun Belt Championship Lines & Game Analysis
- Cincinnati vs Memphis 2019 AAC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- 2019 College Football Week 15 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 15 ATS Betting Picks
- Ohio State vs Wisconsin 2019 Big Ten Championship Odds & Game Analysis
- 2019 College Football Week 15 SU Betting Picks
- Miami (OH) vs Central Michigan 2019 MAC Championship Spread & Expert Pick
- Georgia vs LSU 2019 SEC Championship Lines & Betting Prediction
- Hawaii vs Boise State 2019 MWC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma 2019 Big 12 Championship Game Betting Lines & Analysis
- Utah vs Oregon 2019 PAC-12 Championship Game Odds & Expert Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 15 Odds, Overview & Picks