The Florida Gators and the Ole Miss Rebels will look to keep their perfect records intact for their NCAAF betting fans when they square off in their Week 5 SEC showdown in The Swamp on Saturday. Now, let’s find out which one of these national title hopefuls is the right pick to put money in your pocket!
When: 7:00 PM ET, Saturday, October 3, 2015
Where: Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, Florida
NCAAF Odds: Mississippi -7.5
Florida remained unbeaten by squeaking past Tennessee 28-27 in Week 4 to cash in as a 1-point home underdog. Gators quarterback Will Grier completed a 63-yard touchdown pass to receiver Antonio Callaway on a fourth-and-14 play with just 1:26 remaining in regulation.
Still, Tennessee had a chance to get the win after they took the ensuing kickoff to the Florida 38-yard line, where kicker Aaron Medley missed a 55-yard field goal as time expired.For the season, Grier has completed 62.6 percent of his passes with six touchdowns and three interceptions and he has rushed for 114 yards and two touchdowns.
Mississippi got the win over Vandy in Week 4, but they didn’t look exactly overpowering in taking out the Commodores 27-16 while failing to cover the spread as a whopping 27-point home favorite. The Rebels were led to victory mostly because of the rushing of running back Jaylen Walton and a solid effort from the team’s stout defense. Walton rushed 21 times for 133 yards, including a game-clinching three-yard touchdown run with 6:47 left in regulation.
“As a senior and someone who’s been in those type of environments, I let my teammates understand that we’re going to get everybody’s best. Everybody is going to play their best against us,” said Ole Miss linebacker Denzel Nkemdiche, who had 12 solo stops and two assists.
Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze said his team narrowly survived a huge test against the Commodores as quarterback Chad Kelly struggled in throwing for 321 yards and one touchdown while tossing two costly interceptions. “We struggled with their two-man twist that gave us pressure. They went two man a lot. We didn’t either have a good call for it, or we didn’t win the areas we needed to win in,” Freeze said.
55 percent of the betting public likes Ole Miss to win and cash in as a near touchdown favorite over the Gators and so do I, seeing as how Mississippi averages a whopping 21.3 points per game more than Florida while allowing just one point more per game defensively.
While Florida has gone 4-1 ATS in its last five home games and an impressive 6-1 ATS in their last seven games overall, I think the Gators are going to struggle immensely to find their way into the end zone against a Rebels defense that is about as stingy as it gets.
With Mississippi going 6-1 ATS in their last seven games in the month of October and 4-2 ATS in its last half-dozen games, I like Ole Miss to stay unbeaten and on track to nab one of the four playoff spots.
The Pick: Mississippi 31 Florida 21
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- 3 Reason to Bet Against Clemson in the 2018 Playoffs
- How to Bet NC State vs Louisville NCAA Football Week 12 Lines
- Arkansas vs Mississippi State NCAA Football Week 12 Spread & Pick
- Idaho vs Florida NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Prediction
- Penn State vs Rutgers NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Prediction
- 3 Reasons to Bet Against Alabama in the 2018 Playoffs
- 3 Reasons to Bet for Alabama in the 2018 Playoffs
- Iowa at Illinois NCAA Football Week 12 Lines & Game Preview
- The Citadel vs Alabama NCAA Football Week 12 Spread & Prediction
- Oregon State vs Washington NCAA Football Week 12 Lines & Preview
- Michigan State vs Nebraska NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Middle Tennessee vs Kentucky NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- West Virginia at Oklahoma State NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Boston College vs Florida State NCAA Football Week 12 Betting Preview
- How to Bet Cincinnati vs UCF NCAA Football Week 12 Spread & Pick
- Ohio State vs Maryland NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Duke vs Clemson NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Arizona vs Washington State NCAA Football Week 12 Spread & Preview
- Kansas vs Oklahoma NCAA Football Week 12 Lines & Pick
- Indiana vs Michigan NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Prediction
- NCAA Football Week 12 Over/Under Picks
- NCAA Football Week 12 ATS Picks
- NCAA Football Week 12 SU Picks
- NCAA Football Week 12 Parlay Picks
- Updated 2019 College Football Championship Odds – November 12th Edition