The Indiana Hoosiers may have recorded a fine win in Week 4 for their NCAAF betting fans but they’ll be hard-pressed to duplicate their feat from a week ago when they play host to the top-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes when they square off in their week 5, Big 12 showdown on Saturday. Now, let’s find out if the Hoosiers can pull off the outright upset or cover the college football betting line at the very least.
When: 3:30 PM ET, Saturday, October 3, 2015
Where: Memorial Stadium, Bloomington, Indiana
NCAAF Odds: Ohio State -21
Ohio State throttled overmatched Western Michigan 38-12 on Saturday despite failing to cover the spread as a whopping 33.5-point home favorite as quarterback Cardale Jones completed 19 of 33 passes for 288 yards with two touchdowns and one interception while running back Ezekiel Elliott added 124 rushing yards and one touchdown on 16 carries.
Indiana remained unbeaten by pulling off the outright road win at Wake Forest in week 4 to cash in as a 3.5-point road favorite against the Demon Deacons. The Hoosiers got the win as quarterback Nate Studfeld completed 19 of 34 passes for 205 yards and two touchdowns while running back Jordan Howard added 168 rushing yards and one score on 33 carries.
57 percent of the betting public likes Ohio State to cover the spread as a three-touchdown road favorite and so do I. Here’s why. First and foremost, Ohio State hasn’t looked very overpowering in failing to cover the spread in each of their last three games, leading me to believe that it’s only a matter of time before the Buckeyes really ‘unleash the beast’ on one of their over matched Big Ten counterparts (like Indiana). Not only that, but while both of these teams average over 34.0 points per game offensively, it is Ohio State that has the far superior defense.
While Indiana allows an overly generous 32.0 points per game while Ohio State allows just 12.3 points per game defensively. While Indiana has covered the spread in four straight against the Buckeyes, the Hoosiers are also just 2-5-2 ATS in their last nine conference games and 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games following an SU win.
Last but not least, the Buckeyes are 5-1 ATS in their last six road games against Indiana while the road team in this Big Ten series has gone 10-4 ATS in the last 14 meetings. I say keep it simple and back the Buckeyes to win and cash in narrowly. 68 percent of public bettors like the Over in this contest and I agree with the Over going 14-3 in the Buckeyes last 17 conference games and 20-8 in their last 28 games overall. The Over is also 18-7-1 in Indiana’s last 26 games following an SU win and 20-8 in the Hoosiers’ last 28 home games overall.
The Pick: Ohio State 45 Indiana 21
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- West Virginia at Oklahoma State NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Boston College vs Florida State NCAA Football Week 12 Betting Preview
- How to Bet Cincinnati vs UCF NCAA Football Week 12 Spread & Pick
- Ohio State vs Maryland NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Duke vs Clemson NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Arizona vs Washington State NCAA Football Week 12 Spread & Preview
- Kansas vs Oklahoma NCAA Football Week 12 Lines & Pick
- Indiana vs Michigan NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Prediction
- NCAA Football Week 12 Over/Under Picks
- NCAA Football Week 12 ATS Picks
- NCAA Football Week 12 SU Picks
- NCAA Football Week 12 Parlay Picks
- Updated 2019 College Football Championship Odds – November 12th Edition
- NCAA Football Week 12 Odds Overview & Top Picks
- TCU at West Virginia NCAA Football Week 11 Betting Analysis
- Wisconsin vs Penn State NCAA Football Week 11 Odds & Preview
- Baylor vs Iowa State NCAA Football Week 11 Betting Lines & Pick
- Liberty at Virginia NCAA Football Week 11 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida State vs Notre Dame NCAA Football Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Ole Miss vs Texas A&M NCAA Football Week 11 Betting Preview
- Texas vs Texas Tech NCAA Football Week 11 Odds & Prediction
- How to Bet Oregon vs Utah NCAA Football Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Michigan vs Rutgers NCAA Football Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Auburn vs Georgia NCAA Football Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Louisville vs Syracuse NCAA Football Week 11 Odds & Game Preview