The Indiana Hoosiers may have recorded a fine win in Week 4 for their NCAAF betting fans but they’ll be hard-pressed to duplicate their feat from a week ago when they play host to the top-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes when they square off in their week 5, Big 12 showdown on Saturday. Now, let’s find out if the Hoosiers can pull off the outright upset or cover the college football betting line at the very least.
When: 3:30 PM ET, Saturday, October 3, 2015
Where: Memorial Stadium, Bloomington, Indiana
NCAAF Odds: Ohio State -21
Ohio State throttled overmatched Western Michigan 38-12 on Saturday despite failing to cover the spread as a whopping 33.5-point home favorite as quarterback Cardale Jones completed 19 of 33 passes for 288 yards with two touchdowns and one interception while running back Ezekiel Elliott added 124 rushing yards and one touchdown on 16 carries.
Indiana remained unbeaten by pulling off the outright road win at Wake Forest in week 4 to cash in as a 3.5-point road favorite against the Demon Deacons. The Hoosiers got the win as quarterback Nate Studfeld completed 19 of 34 passes for 205 yards and two touchdowns while running back Jordan Howard added 168 rushing yards and one score on 33 carries.
57 percent of the betting public likes Ohio State to cover the spread as a three-touchdown road favorite and so do I. Here’s why. First and foremost, Ohio State hasn’t looked very overpowering in failing to cover the spread in each of their last three games, leading me to believe that it’s only a matter of time before the Buckeyes really ‘unleash the beast’ on one of their over matched Big Ten counterparts (like Indiana). Not only that, but while both of these teams average over 34.0 points per game offensively, it is Ohio State that has the far superior defense.
While Indiana allows an overly generous 32.0 points per game while Ohio State allows just 12.3 points per game defensively. While Indiana has covered the spread in four straight against the Buckeyes, the Hoosiers are also just 2-5-2 ATS in their last nine conference games and 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games following an SU win.
Last but not least, the Buckeyes are 5-1 ATS in their last six road games against Indiana while the road team in this Big Ten series has gone 10-4 ATS in the last 14 meetings. I say keep it simple and back the Buckeyes to win and cash in narrowly. 68 percent of public bettors like the Over in this contest and I agree with the Over going 14-3 in the Buckeyes last 17 conference games and 20-8 in their last 28 games overall. The Over is also 18-7-1 in Indiana’s last 26 games following an SU win and 20-8 in the Hoosiers’ last 28 home games overall.
The Pick: Ohio State 45 Indiana 21
Sports & Betting Topics
- Early 2020 National Championship Odds – Analyzing the Favorites
- 2020 National Championship Betting Lines – Underdogs Analysis
- 2020 National Championship Odds – Dark Horses Analysis
- Early 2020 National Championship Betting Favorites – January 8th Edition
- 2019 National Championship ATS Betting Pick
- How to Bet the 2019 National Championship Game
- 2019 National Championship SU Betting Pick
- Why Bet for Alabama Crimson Tide to Win the 2019 National Championship?
- Top College Bowl Betting Picks of the Week – December 31st
- Clemson vs Alabama 2019 National Championship Odds & Analysis
- Kentucky vs Penn State 2019 Citrus Bowl Odds & Expert Pick
- Texas vs Georgia 2019 Sugar Bowl Betting Lines & Preview
- Washington vs Ohio State 2019 Rose Bowl Odds & Prediction
- LSU vs UCF 2019 Fiesta Bowl Lines & Game Prediction
- Mississippi State vs Iowa 2019 Outback Bowl Odds & Preview
- Alabama vs Oklahoma 2018 Orange Bowl Betting Lines & Pick
- Clemson vs Notre Dame 2018 Cotton Bowl Odds & Expert Pick
- NC State vs Texas A&M 2018 Gator Bowl Odds & Game Preview
- Missouri vs Oklahoma State 2018 Liberty Bowl Spread & Analysis
- Michigan State vs Oregon 2018 Redbox Bowl Lines
- Stanford vs Pittsburgh 2018 Sun Bowl Odds & Betting Prediction
- Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech 2018 Military Bowl Spread & Expert Pick
- Arkansas State vs Nevada 2018 Arizona Bowl Lines & Game Preview
- South Carolina vs Virginia 2018 Belk Bowl Odds & Betting Analysis
- Iowa State vs Washington State 2018 Alamo Bowl Lines & Preview
- Florida vs Michigan 2018 Peach Bowl Odds & Pick
- Temple vs Duke 2018 Independence Bowl Odds & Preview
- West Virginia vs Syracuse 2018 Camping World Bowl Odds & Analysis
- Miami vs Wisconsin 2018 Pinstripe Bowl Spread & Expert Pick
- Purdue vs Auburn 2018 Music City Bowl Lines & Prediction