The unbeaten Toledo Rockets will look to keep their prefect record intact and move up the national rankings when they host the Northern Illinois Huskies in Week 10 MAC NCAAF Lines matchup on Tuesday. Now, let’s find out if the 20th-ranked Rockets can cover the spread and improve on their nearly perfect ATS online betting record.
When: 8:00 PM ET, Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Where: Glass Bowl, Toledo, Ohio
NCAAF Odds: Toledo -7
The Huskies have won three consecutive games and sit just behind Toledo in the MAC West. Northern Illinois handed Eastern Michigan a 49-21 beatdown two weeks ago while pushing against the spread as a 28-point home favorite.
Quarterback Drew Hare completed 24 of 38 passes for 267 yards and four touchdowns while running back Joel Bouagnon, the leading rusher in the MAC, added 138 yards and one score on 26 rushes. The Huskies have represented the West Division in the MAC Championship each of the last five seasons, winning three times. Northern Illinois has one of the nation’s best cornerbacks in sophomore Shawun Lurry, the nation’s interception leader with seven, including two in the Huskies’ near upset of No. 1 ranked Ohio State earlier this season.
Northern Illinois head coach Rod Carey doesn’t believe history will play any role in Saturday’s matchup. “In college football, every year is so different,” Carey said. “All that stuff is good for the record books and really good media stuff, but when you’re inside these walls, it doesn’t really make a difference because rosters change so much.” The Huskies average an impressive 36.8 points per game (23rd) while allowing 24.5 points per contest defensively (54th).
Quarterback Phillip Ely overcame three first half three interceptions to lead the Rockets to 38 unanswered points en route to a convincing 51-35 win over UMass on Saturday. Ely finished the game by completing 26 of 47 passes for 355 yards and five touchdowns to counter the aforementioned three interceptions.
“I’ve said when we started our journey here at Toledo, our goal is to year-in and year-out have the opportunity to play for a MAC championship,” head coach Matt Campbell said. “Obviously, playing a team of (Northern Illinois’) caliber, you know that you have to win that if you ultimately want to have a chance to win a conference championship. It’s our next step in our process and obviously a huge challenge for us.”
Running back Terry Swanson rushed for 118 yards and one score on 21 carries while fellow back Kareem Hunt added 90 yards on 20 rushes. Toledo’s two-headed attack averages a combined 185.5 yards per game. Receivers Cody Thompson, Alonzo Russell and Corey Jones combined for 300 yards in receptions and four scores. The Rockets average 37.0 points per game (21st) while limiting the opposition to just 16.3 points per game to rank 12th in the nation.
The Underdog in this MAC rivalry is 9-4 ATS in their last 13 meetings and the road team is 4-0 ATS in their last four meetings, but with Northern Illinois going just 5-11-1 ATS in their last 17 meetings against Toledo, I say the Rockets are the right pick to get the narrow ATS cover!
My Pick: Toledo 28 Northern Illinois 20
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Georgia Southern vs Eastern Michigan 2018 Camellia Bowl Betting Analysis
- Middle Tennessee vs Appalachian State 2018 New Orleans Bowl Spread
- Arizona State vs Fresno State 2018 Las Vegas Bowl Betting Preview
- Utah State vs North Texas 2018 New Mexico Bowl Spread & Prediction
- Tulane vs Louisiana-Lafayette 2018 Cure Bowl Odds & Expert Pick
- Top NCAA Football Betting Picks for Bowl Week – December 10th Edition
- Top Picks for first round of 2018 NCAA Football Bowls
- Updated 2019 NCAA Football Championship Odds – December 7th
- Navy vs Army NCAAF Odds & Betting Prediction
- Fresno State vs Boise State 2018 MWC Championship Betting Preview
- Southern vs Alcorn State 2018 SWAC Championship Spread & Game Preview
- Clemson vs Pittsburgh 2018 ACC Championship Lines & Prediction
- UAB vs Middle Tennessee 2018 Conference USA Championship & Pick
- Alabama vs Georgia 2018 SEC Championship Odds & Pick
- Ohio State at Northwestern 2018 Big Ten Championship Odds & Pick
- Utah vs Washington 2018 PAC-12 Championship Lines & Preview
- NCAA Football Week 14 Over/Under Picks
- NCAA Football Week 14 ATS Picks
- NCAA Football Week 14 SU Picks
- Memphis vs UCF 2018 AAC Championship Odds & Preview
- Louisiana-Lafayette vs Appalachian State 2018 Sun Belt Championship Odds
- Texas vs Oklahoma 2018 Big 12 Championship Odds
- Updated 2019 College Football Championship Odds – Nov. 26th Edition
- Top NCAA Football Week 14 Parlay Picks
- NCAA Football Week 14 Odds, Overview & Top Picks
- Notre Dame vs USC NCAA Football Week 13 Betting Odds & Prediction
- San Jose State at Fresno State NCAA Football Week 13 Spread & Pick
- LSU vs Texas A&M NCAA Football Week 13 Odds & Pick
- 3 Reasons to Bet Against Notre Dame in Playoffs
- 3 Reasons to Bet on Notre Dame in the 2018 Playoffs