Defending national champion and third-ranked Clemson will earn a spot in its fifth straight College Football Playoff by winning its fifth straight ACC Championship Game on Saturday night over No. 23 Virginia. The Wahoos are in the game for the first time and huge Mybookie NCAAF Betting underdogs.
How to Bet Virginia vs Clemson ACC Championship Betting Lines & Game Info
- When: Saturday, December 7th, 2019 at 7:30 PM ET
- Where: Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte
- TV: ABC
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- ACC Championship Betting Lines: Clemson -28 (Total 54.5)
Virginia vs Clemson Series HistoryClemson and Virginia meeting in postseason play for the first time in series history. Clemson attempting to win a fourth consecutive game against Virginia for the first time since opening its all-time series against the Cavaliers with a 29-game winning streak across the 1955-89 seasons. The Tigers won the most recent meeting in 2013 in a 59-10 blowout. It’s just the third time they will meet both as ranked teams and first since 1992.
Overall, Clemson leads the series 38-8-1. This is the first time they will ever play at a neutral site.
Why Bet on Virginia?The Wahoos ended a 15-game losing streak to rival Virginia Tech last weekend 39-30 to win the Coastal Division and earn their first-ever trip to the ACC title game. With the victory, the Cavaliers earned their ninth win on the season. It’s the first time that Virginia has hit that milestone since the 2007 season. UVA is now the seventh different team to be Coastal Champions in seven years.
QB Bryce Perkins accounted for 475 of 492 total yards for the Cavaliers. Perkins rushed for the first two touchdowns of the game. Hasise Dubois had 139 receiving yards to lead UVA. Virginia’s defense forced two fumbles, including the game-winner in the end zone that was recovered for a touchdown, and had two interceptions.
Oh My PerkinsPerkins’ 164 rushing yards ranks No. 3 all-time on UVA’s single-game rushing list by a quarterback. Perkins now has 11 rushing TDs this year, passing Bob Davis (10, 1964) and Shawn Moore (10, 1988) for No. 2 all-time in UVA history with single-season rushing touchdowns by a quarterback.
Perkins’ five games of at least 200 passing and 100 rushing yards is tied for the most in the nation since the start of the 2018 season. Caleb Evans of ULM also has five. Perkins is one of three players in the nation, joining Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts and ULM’s Evans, to pass for 2,900+ yards and rush for 600+ yards so far this season. Perkins led UVA to its first 4-0 November since 1951.
Virginia is No. 6 in the nation with 43 sacks. The 43 sacks are tied for a UVA single-season record, matching the Chris Long-led 2007 team.
Virginia is playing for its first outright ACC title in football after sharing the 1989 title with Duke and the 1995 title with Florida State. UVA is looking for its 10th win of the season, which would be only the second 10-win season in program history. The 1989 team went 10-3 and was co-champions of the ACC.
- Points per Game: 33.67
- Passing Yards: 261.17
- Rushing Yards: 128.42
- Yards per Play: 5.67
- Points per Game: 23.50
- Passing Yards: 213.25
- Rushing Yards: 125.00
- Yards per Play: 5.31
Why Bet on Clemson?Clemson won 38-3 at South Carolina last week, the Tigers’ 27th straight victory overall. Travis Etienne (53) broke the ACC career total and rushing touchdowns record with a three-yard rushing touchdown in the fourth quarter. Etienne (342) also passed Pittsburgh’s James Conner (338) as the highest-scoring non-kicker in ACC history and now trails only 11 kickers in career scoring in conference history.
Trevor Lawrence completed 26-of-36 passes and 295 yards. The sophomore threw three touchdowns, extending his streak of consecutive games with three touchdown passes to seven. Lawrence also rushed for a career best 66-yards. Lawrence set a school record with 18 consecutive completions, which ties an ACC record.
Trevor has now thrown a touchdown pass in 22 consecutive games. His current streak is the longest active streak in the country. Tee Higgins hauled in his ninth and 10th receiving touchdowns of the year, making him the first Clemson receiver to post back-to-back seasons of double-digit touchdown receptions.
Good NumbersClemson held a 12th straight opponent below 300 yards of total offense to open the season. It is the first team in searchable data dating back to 1996 to open a season by holding its first 12 opponents to 300 or fewer yards. Clemson held a 10th consecutive opponent below 200 passing yards for the first time since the final 10 games of the 1977 regular season. The Tigers won the turnover margin, 1-0, and have now won the turnover margin in seven consecutive games for the first time under Head Coach Dabo Swinney. Clemson did not turn the ball over and has produced zero giveaways in four of the last five games.
The Tigers’ top-ranked scoring defense (10.1 points per game) has allowed only three points in each of its last two contests and has held opponents out of the end zone in each of the last nine quarters.
Clemson entered 2019 as the only program in ACC history to win four consecutive outright titles. With wins Saturday, this week, Clemson and Oklahoma can join the 1971-75 Alabama Crimson Tide as the only members of any active FBS conference to win five straight outright titles.
- Points per Game: 45.25
- Passing Yards: 285.33
- Rushing Yards: 256.42
- Yards per Play: 7.38
- Points per Game: 10.08
- Passing Yards: 126.50
- Rushing Yards: 106.33
- Yards per Play: 3.84
Virginia vs Clemson ACC Championship Game Betting Trends
- Over is 3-0-1 in the last 4 meetings in Clemson
- Road team is 9-4 ATS in their last 13 meetings
- Cavaliers are 2-11 SU in their last 13 games on the road
- Cavaliers are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Clemson
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Virginia’s last 5 games this season
- Tigers are 20-0 SU in their last 20 games at home
- Tigers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Clemson’s last 13 games played on a Saturday
Expert Final Score Prediction for Virginia vs ClemsonVirginia 17 – Clemson 43
More College Football Week 15 Betting News
- Southern vs Alcorn State 2019 SWAC Championship Odds & Prediction
- UAB vs Florida Atlantic 2019 Conference USA Championship Spread & Betting Preview
- Louisiana-Lafayette vs Appalachian State 2019 Sun Belt Championship Lines & Game Analysis
- Cincinnati vs Memphis 2019 AAC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- 2019 College Football Week 15 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 15 ATS Betting Picks
- Ohio State vs Wisconsin 2019 Big Ten Championship Odds & Game Analysis
- 2019 College Football Week 15 SU Betting Picks
- Miami (OH) vs Central Michigan 2019 MAC Championship Spread & Expert Pick
- Georgia vs LSU 2019 SEC Championship Lines & Betting Prediction
- Hawaii vs Boise State 2019 MWC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma 2019 Big 12 Championship Game Betting Lines & Analysis
- Utah vs Oregon 2019 PAC-12 Championship Game Odds & Expert Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 15 Odds, Overview & Picks