While we are all focused on the top 4 and the potential playoff matchups now that the playoff committee has released their first rankings, it’s easy to forget that there are still a lot of things to consider outside of that top pack. There are conference championships to be won and bowl game berths up for grabs, all of which will be decided over the final month of the college football season. For the teams that are not in the playoff hunt, every game is still important, as some of them still have some big things on the line.
That is very much the case with this game, as both Wake Forest and Virginia Tech both have something to play for this weekend. The Demon Deacons are in the hunt for a very good bowl game opportunity, while the Hokies have their eyes on an ACC Conference Championship Game meeting with Clemson. The loser of this one could well see their hopes for the season dealt a serious blow. Wake Forest is in as a 2-point road favorite, with the point total for this one set at 63.
Wake Forest vs Virginia Tech 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & Pick
- When: Saturday, November 9 at 3:30 PM EST
- Where: Lane Stadium, Blacksburg
- TV: ACCN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchACC
- College Football Week 11 Odds: Wake Forest -2 (Total 63)
Why bet on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons?
The Wake Forest Demon Deacons are having a great season to this point, coming into Week 11 with a 7-1 SU record, good enough to have them in at the #19 spot in the rankings. Things could have been even better, though, if they had found a way to get a win over the Louisville Cardinals a couple of weeks back, a game that they lost 62-59 in a shootout.
The unfortunate thing for the Demon Deacons is that they are in the Atlantic Division in the ACC, which means that losing just 1 game in conference play is not enough to get them past the Clemson Tigers. While the Conference Championship Game is a definite longshot for Wake Forest, they have a great shot at a big bowl game. A tough one here, though, as they are 1-4 SU and ATS in their last 5 games against Virginia Tech.
- Points per Game: 37.14
- Passing Yards: 327.71
- Rushing Yards: 196.14
- Yards per Play: 6.22
- Points per Game: 26.71
- Passing Yards: 257.57
- Rushing Yards: 161.71
- Yards per Play: 5.81
Why bet on the Virginia Tech Hokies?
The Coastal Division of the ACC is about as wide open as it gets, with any number of teams still in with a shot at winning it and getting into the Conference Championship Game. It is the Virginia Tech Hokies who have the inside track right now, leading the division with a 4-2 SU record in conference play.
They survived a 6OT thriller in their last conference game, taking down the North Carolina Tar Heels 43-41, and were then unlucky not to record a huge win last week in a 21-20 loss to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. The Hokies have beaten the Demon Deacons in 4 of their last 5 meetings, outscoring them by an average of 15 PPG in those games. The Hokies are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games in Week 11.
- Points per Game: 30.29
- Passing Yards: 220.00
- Rushing Yards: 175.14
- Yards per Play: 5.59
- Points per Game: 29.57
- Passing Yards: 250.86
- Rushing Yards: 145.29
- Yards per Play: 5.49
Wake Forest vs Virginia Tech College Football Week 11 Betting Trends
- Demon Deacons are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games this season
- Demon Deacons are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 11
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Wake Forest’s last 5 games played on a Saturday
- Hokies are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games played in November
- Hokies are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games played in week 11
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Virginia Tech’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast conference
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Wake Forest vs Virginia Tech
This is a huge game for both teams and I think it might be on the lower end of the scoring scale. I like the Demon Deacons to win this one and cover the spread.
Score: Wake Forest Demon Deacons 30 – Virginia Tech Hokies 23
More Week 11 NCAAF Betting News
- Nevada vs San Diego State 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & Prediction
- Clemson vs North Carolina State 2019 College Football Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Appalachian State vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Notre Dame vs Duke 2019 College Football Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Iowa State vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & Game Preview
- Missouri vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 11 Lines & Game Preview
- LSU vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Connecticut vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Wake Forest vs Virginia Tech 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & Pick
- College Football Picks Week Eleven (Ep. 749)
- Kansas State vs Texas 2019 College Football Week 11 Spread & Expert Analysis
- East Carolina vs SMU 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds, Preview & Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 11 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 11 ATS Betting Picks