After extending their winning ways with a thrilling comeback win last weekend, the 11th-ranked Oregon Ducks will be looking to take down another Pac-12 rival and keep their slim CFP and New Year’s Day bowl game hopes alive when they host the Washington State Cougars in their Week 9 conference clash on Saturday. Now, let’s find out if the Ducks are the pick to cover the chalk as a double-digit home favorite on whether the Cougars can extend their four-game winning streak in this rivalry.
Washington State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Pick
- When: Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 10:30 PM ET
- Where: Autzen Stadium, Eugene, Oregon
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: Washington State / Oregon
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 9 Odds: Oregon -14 / Total: 65
- Clear: 2°C/36°F
- Humidity: 72%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Wind: 6 mph NNE
- Cloud Cover: 2%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On Washington State?
Despite the fact that Washington State isn’t experiencing the same level of success they did in reaching the double-digit win mark a year ago, there are a few good reasons to back the Cougars in this contest. Washington State managed to snap a three-game losing streak by smacking Colorado around en route to a commanding 41-10 win as a 13.5-point home favorite.
Then, there’s the fact that the Cougars have the nation’s top-ranked passing attack and eighth-ranked scoring offense (42.7 ppg) while senior quarterback Anthony Gordon leads the NCAA with 2,981 passing yards and 29 touchdown passes. Last but not least, Washington State has won four straight in this rivalry including an emphatic 34-20 home win last season. Cougars head coach coach Mike Leach is 4-3 all-time against the Ducks and 2-1 at Autzen Stadium.
- Average Score For: 43
- Total Yards: 538.67
- Pass Yards: 452.67
- Rush Yards: 86
- Average Score Against: 31.83
- Total Yards: 459
- Pass Yards: 282
- Rush Yards: 177
Why Bet On No. 11 Oregon?
There are a handful of great reasons to back the Ducks in this matchup. First, Oregon has won six straight since losing their opener against Auburn. In addition to that, the Ducks will come into this affair riding the euphoric wave created by their stunning 35-31 comeback win over Washington last weekend. Then, there’s the fact that Oregon has an elite quarterback in potential No. 1 overall draft pick Justin Herbert, the Pac-12’s offensive player of the week on Monday after passing for 280 yards with four TDs and no interceptions last weekend. There’s also the fact that Oregon has an elite defense that limits the opposition to just 11.9 points per game to rank a stellar seventh in points allowed. Last but not least, Oregon will be ighly motivated to snap a four-game skid against the Cougars.
“We recognize the fact that we have not done a good enough job against Washington State for the past four years,” Ducks head coach Mario Cristobal said. “They have a super high-powered offense with some impressive skill players and a great offensive line. And their defense has made it really difficult for years with all of the movement and all of the stemming that they have done.”
- Average Score For: 36
- Total Yards: 461
- Pass Yards: 284.17
- Rush Yards: 176.83
- Average Score Against: 8.67
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 160.17
- Rush Yards: 107.50
College Football Week 9 Betting Trends for Washington State vs Oregon
- Washington State is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- Washington State is 15-5 SU in their last 20 games
- The total went UNDER in 8 of Washington State’s last 12 games
- Oregon is 6-3 ATS in the last 9 games
- Oregon is 6-0 SU in the last 6 games
- The total went UNDER in 8 of Oregon’s last 10 games
Washington State vs Oregon Expert Analysis and Prediction
I’m not going to beat around the bush with my pick on this week 9 matchup simply because I believe the spread is way too high for the Ducks to cover. I know Oregon is playing at home and that they have the far better defense in this affair, but Washington State can put points on the board in a hurry and they’ve been absolutely dominant in covering the chalk against their Pac-12 rivals in this series.
The Cougars are a bankroll-boosting 9-0 ATS in their last 9 meetings and a perfect 4-0 ATS in their last 4 road dates against Oregon. With the underdog going 7-2 ATS in their last 9 meetings and the Over going 11-5 in the last 16 meetings, I believe the handwriting is on the wall for an Oregon Win and Washington State cover in a high-scoring affair.
Pick: Oregon 35 Washington State 31
More College Football Week 9 Betting News
- Washington State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Pick
- Missouri vs Kentucky 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Expert Analysis
- Arizona State vs UCLA 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Preview
- Notre Dame vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Maryland vs Minnesota 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Analysis
- Penn State vs Michigan State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Prediction
- Texas vs TCU 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Arkansas vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Expert Pick
- Boston College vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Game Info
- College Football Picks Week Nine (Ep. 743)
- Oklahoma vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Game Preview
- Wisconsin vs Ohio State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Expert Analysis
- SMU vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Appalachian State vs South Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Analysis