There are just 3 weeks left in the regular season of college football, and for the teams currently occupying the top spots, things are going to start getting a little stressful. There is almost zero room for error in this sport, and the top 4 know that a single loss over the next few weeks may well mean the difference between the playoffs and a minor bowl game. For the second straight week, the Playoff Committee has the Georgia Bulldogs in the number 1 spot, but they have a tough test ahead of them this week in the form of the NCAAF Week 11 odds underdog Auburn Tigers.
Georgia has already clinched the SEC East and knows that they will be in the Championship Game, but this is a team that has much loftier aspirations, which they may not be able to achieve if they slip up in the next 3 weeks. The Auburn Tigers are not really in with a shot of catching Alabama in the West, so they will be looking to play the role of the spoiler this coming Saturday. Georgia is a 2 ½ point favorite for this one, with the point total set at 47.
Georgia Bulldogs vs. Auburn Tigers NCAAF Week 11 Odds & Betting Pick
PFF Week 10 – SEC Team of the Week – Defense pic.twitter.com/y6Z396tRkd
— PFF College Football (@PFF_College) 7 de noviembre de 2017
- When: Saturday, November 11 at 3:30 PM EST
- Where: Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn
- TV: CBS
- Radio: 750 WSB (Georgia) / 94.3 FM (Auburn)
- Live Stream: SEC Network
- NCAAF Week 11 Odds: Georgia Bulldogs -2.5 (Over/Under at 47)
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Georgia Bulldogs lead 8-2
- Score: Georgia Bulldogs 31.20 / Auburn Tigers 18.30
- Rush Yards: Georgia Bulldogs 184.60 / Auburn Tigers 155.80
- Pass Attempts: Georgia Bulldogs 24.90 / Auburn Tigers 25.40
- Completion Percentage: Georgia Bulldogs 63.05 / Auburn Tigers 56.30
- Passing Yards: Georgia Bulldogs 217.30 / Auburn Tigers 150.70
- Total Yards: Georgia Bulldogs 401.9 / Auburn Tigers 306.5
- Turnovers: Georgia Bulldogs 0.70 / Auburn Tigers 2.00
Why consider the Bulldogs NCAAF Week 11 Odds?
The Bulldogs have been consistently good all season long, but last week was the first time when they did not look their best. In fairness, they faced a South Carolina Gamecocks team that was a lot better than a lot of people expected, and despite not playing up to their high standards, Georgia still managed to come away with a 24-10 win. There were times when the Georgia D bent but did not break, while the offense had enough big plays to constantly keep themselves ahead of South Carolina.
Besides the Notre Dame road game earlier this season, the trip to Auburn will be the toughest challenge that Georgia has faced this year. The Dawgs are on the brink of a special season, and this may be the game that makes or breaks them. Georgia is 5-1 SU and ATS in their last 6 meetings with Auburn and is 4-2 SU in their last 6 games against the Tigers on the road.
- Average Score For: 36.56
- Total Yards: 445.66
- Rush Yards: 279.33
- Passing Yards: 166.33
- Average Score Against: 11.67
- Total Yards: 254.11
- Rush Yards: 89.00
- Passing Yards: 165.11
Why consider the Tigers NCAAF Week 11 Odds?
The Auburn Tigers saw their chances of winning the SEC West evaporate with a loss to LSU a few weeks back. That put them 2 games back of the undefeated Alabama Crimson Tide, and while they are still mathematically in the equation, the reality is that the SEC Championship Game is now a very big longshot for this team. Since losing to LSU, though, Auburn has turned up the offensive heat, scoring 94 points in back to back wins against Arkansas and Mississippi State.
They also gave up a total of 47 points in those two games, which suggests that the defense might be up against it when they face a Georgia run game that is about as good as it gets. Auburn has won 6 of their last 7 games, but they are not very good ATS, going just 7-14-3 in their last 24 home starts.
- Average Score For: 36.89
- Total Yards: 466.11
- Rush Yards: 236.67
- Passing Yards: 229.44
- Average Score Against: 16.89
- Total Yards: 307.56
- Rush Yards: 126.78
- Passing Yards: 180.78
Latest NCAAF Week 11 Betting Trends
- The Bulldogs are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games
- The Bulldogs are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games
- In 10 of Georgia’s last 15 games on the road, the total has gone UNDER
- The Tigers are 3-4-3 ATS in their last 10 games
- The Tigers are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games
- In 5 of Auburn’s last 5 games, the total has gone OVER
- Georgia is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Auburn
- Auburn is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Georgia
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
This is arguably the biggest game on the college football calendar this weekend, and a win for Georgia here could well be the stepping stone to an unbeaten regular season. I like Georgia to win and cover the road, maintaining their perfect season in the process.
Score: Georgia Bulldogs 30 – Auburn Tigers 24