Week 11 of the college football season was one of the most memorable in history, as it delivered a seismic shift in the playoff standings. Two of the top four teams went down, and Alabama came close to making it 3 of 4. Georgia and Notre Dame where the teams that were the most damaged by the madness, and while the Bulldogs still have a fighting chance at making their way into the final four, the playoff hopes of the Irish essentially came to an end with their loss to the Miami Hurricanes, but they are huge College Football Week 12 betting odds favorite.
Notre Dame now has two losses on the year, and it looks like their consolation prize is going to be a trip to one of the bigger bowl games. They will still want to end the season strong, though, and that begins with a home game against the Navy Midshipmen this coming Saturday.
At 6-3, Navy is having a good year and will present a tough challenge for a Fighting Irish team that is sure to feel as though they are on the ropes after their loss to Miami in Week 11. Notre Dame is a 17 ½ point favorite in the NCAAF odds, with the point total set at 60.
College Football Week 12 Betting Preview: Midshipmen (6-3) vs. Fighting Irish (8-2)
— American Football (@American_FB) 15 de noviembre de 2017
- When: Saturday, November 18 at 3:30 PM EST
- Where: Notre Dame Stadium, South Bend
- TV: NBC
- Radio: 99.9 FM (Navy) / 890 AM (Notre Dame)
- Live Stream: NBC Sports
- College Football Week 12 Betting Odds: Notre Dame Fighting Irish -17.5 (Over/Under at 60)
- Chance of Rain: 4°C/40°F
- Humidity: 89%
- Precipitation: 49%
- Cloud Cover: 99%
- Wind: 21 mph NW
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Notre Dame Fighting Irish lead 6-4
- Score: Navy Midshipmen 27.40 / Notre Dame Fighting Irish 37.00
- Rush Yards: Navy Midshipmen 280.00 / Notre Dame Fighting Irish 191.30
- Pass Attempts: Navy Midshipmen 10.10 / Notre Dame Fighting Irish 28.60
- Completion Percentage: Navy Midshipmen 51.49 / Notre Dame Fighting Irish 69.93
- Passing Yards: Navy Midshipmen 77.30 / Notre Dame Fighting Irish 247.70
- Total Yards: Navy Midshipmen 357.3 / Notre Dame Fighting Irish 439.00
- Turnovers: Navy Midshipmen 1.10 / Notre Dame Fighting Irish 1.80
Why bet on the Navy Midshipmen?
Navy started the season with 5 straight wins but then ran into some trouble, losing 3 in a row. They got off the losing skid last weekend with a 43-40 win over SMU, but even that win highlighted their main issue this season, which is that their defense has a ton time keeping opponents out of the end zone. The Midshipmen have given up at least 30 points in each of their last 5 games, which is not good news when getting ready to face an Irish offense that has been feasting on defenses all season long.
The flipside to that is that the Midshipmen have crossed the 20-point mark in all 9 of their games this season, so they are going to be able to put some points on the board, which will hopefully result in them making this game competitive. Navy is just 1-5 SU in their last 6 meetings with Notre Dame, but they have kept things close, going 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games in South Bend.
- Average Score For: 33.67
- Total Yards: 468.45
- Rush Yards: 369.78
- Passing Yards: 98.67
- Average Score Against: 30.33
- Total Yards: 410.11
- Rush Yards: 165.78
- Passing Yards: 244.33
Why bet on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish?
The big question that Notre Dame needs to answer this weekend is how they are going to react after getting totally pounded by Miami last weekend. Knowing that the playoffs are now out of the equation is going to be a real body blow for this team, and there may be some guys who will consider just shutting it down for the season. This is a pretty good rivalry game for the Irish, though, so I expect them to be able to get up for this one.
The defense is going to need to be on its toes, though, as they will be going up against a triple-option style defense where the ball very rarely goes through the air. It seems like a style that would be easy to stop, but it can be frustrating when the offense gets rolling. Notre Dame is 7-1 SU and 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games. They are also 8-2 SU in their last 10 home games versus Navy.
- Average Score For: 38.00
- Total Yards: 471.7
- Rush Yards: 303.20
- Passing Yards: 168.50
- Average Score Against: 20.70
- Total Yards: 375.4
- Rush Yards: 140.90
- Passing Yards: 234.50
Latest College Football Week 12 Betting Trends
- Navy is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Navy is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Navy’s last 7 games when playing Notre Dame
- Notre Dame is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games
- Notre Dame is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Notre Dame’s last 12 games
Expert College Football Week 12 Betting Pick and Final Score Prediction
I think the one thing that we can guarantee here is that we are going to see some offense. The OVER is a pretty safe bet for this one. I also like the Irish to get back to winning ways, and I like them to cover the spread.
Score: Navy Midshipmen 23 – Notre Dame Fighting Irish 44