A pair of previously ranked SEC teams will go at it on Saturday in a Week 5 SEC showdown that will undoubtedly have bowl game implications for both gridiron programs and their NCAAF Betting fans. Now, let’s find out which team is going to win and cash in.
When: 12:00 PM ET, Saturday, October 3, 2015
Where: Faurot Field, Columbia, Missouri
NCAAF Odds: Missouri -4
South Carolina throttled overmatched Central Florida in its 31-14 Week 4 win to cash in as a 14-point home favorite as junior wide receiver Pharoh Cooper accounted for two touchdowns and true freshman quarterback Lorenzo Nunez threw the first two touchdown passes of his career.
Junior kicker Elliott Fry kicked three field goals and junior linebacker T.J. Holloman had two interceptions as the Gamecocks overcame a slow start against the Knights. Nunez passed for 184 yards and rushed for 123 yards in his first career start. The Gamecocks are averaging 22.5 points per game (108th) while allowing 26.2 points per game defensively (75th).
Missouri suffered its first loss of the season getting upset by mediocre Kentucky 21-13 in Week 4 while failing to cover the spread as a 2.5-point road dog. Tigers quarterback Maty Mauk got off to a fine start by completing six of his first nine attempts for 58 yards, including a 17-yard touchdown strike to sophomore wide receiver J’Mon Moore with 3:49 remaining in the first quarter. Unfortunately, that’s about where the good news ended for Mauk and the Tigers as the signal-caller completed just nine of his final 19 passes to finish with 180 yards on 15 of 30 passing.
For the season, Maty Mauk has completed just 51.8 percent of his passes with six touchdowns and four interceptions. Missouri is averaging just 20.8 points per game (115th) but are limiting their opponents to just 12.5 points per game defensively to rank 12th nationally.
52 percent of the betting public likes Missouri to cover the spread at home, but I’m going ‘against the grain’ with a pick for South Carolina in this SEC showdown. I’m not very impressed with Missouri’s offense this season and I believe that South Carolina is starting to round into form a bit after a tough start to the season.
While South Carolina has posted a bunch of dismal ATS trends that don’t even remotely suggest an ATS cover in this contest, Missouri is just 2-6 ATS in their last eight home games and 0-4 ATS in their last four games overall. I’m sticking with the Gamecocks for the upset.
The Pick: South Carolina 21 Missouri 20
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Georgia Southern vs Eastern Michigan 2018 Camellia Bowl Betting Analysis
- Middle Tennessee vs Appalachian State 2018 New Orleans Bowl Spread
- Arizona State vs Fresno State 2018 Las Vegas Bowl Betting Preview
- Utah State vs North Texas 2018 New Mexico Bowl Spread & Prediction
- Tulane vs Louisiana-Lafayette 2018 Cure Bowl Odds & Expert Pick
- Top NCAA Football Betting Picks for Bowl Week – December 10th Edition
- Top Picks for first round of 2018 NCAA Football Bowls
- Updated 2019 NCAA Football Championship Odds – December 7th
- Navy vs Army NCAAF Odds & Betting Prediction
- Fresno State vs Boise State 2018 MWC Championship Betting Preview
- Southern vs Alcorn State 2018 SWAC Championship Spread & Game Preview
- Clemson vs Pittsburgh 2018 ACC Championship Lines & Prediction
- UAB vs Middle Tennessee 2018 Conference USA Championship & Pick
- Alabama vs Georgia 2018 SEC Championship Odds & Pick
- Ohio State at Northwestern 2018 Big Ten Championship Odds & Pick
- Utah vs Washington 2018 PAC-12 Championship Lines & Preview
- NCAA Football Week 14 Over/Under Picks
- NCAA Football Week 14 ATS Picks
- NCAA Football Week 14 SU Picks
- Memphis vs UCF 2018 AAC Championship Odds & Preview
- Louisiana-Lafayette vs Appalachian State 2018 Sun Belt Championship Odds
- Texas vs Oklahoma 2018 Big 12 Championship Odds
- Updated 2019 College Football Championship Odds – Nov. 26th Edition
- Top NCAA Football Week 14 Parlay Picks
- NCAA Football Week 14 Odds, Overview & Top Picks
- Notre Dame vs USC NCAA Football Week 13 Betting Odds & Prediction
- San Jose State at Fresno State NCAA Football Week 13 Spread & Pick
- LSU vs Texas A&M NCAA Football Week 13 Odds & Pick
- 3 Reasons to Bet Against Notre Dame in Playoffs
- 3 Reasons to Bet on Notre Dame in the 2018 Playoffs