The California Golden Bears and their NCAAF lines fans will look to remain unbeaten when they host the Washington State Cougars in a Week 5 Pac-12 pairing that will go a long way toward determining the postseason bowl game fates of both gridiron programs. Now, let’s find out which team is going to bring home the bacon in this one!
When: 4:00 PM ET, Saturday, October 3, 2015
Where: Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, California
NCAAF Odds: California -18.5
California won a hard-fought battle against Pac-12 rival Washington in Week 4 to cover the spread as a 1-point road favorite. Gifted quarterback Jared Goff completed 24 of 40 passes for 342 yards with two touchdowns and one interception while the Golden Bears’ defense limited the Cougars to just 2-for-9 (22%) efficiency on third down. Cal also won the time of possession battle by keeping the ball for just 11 seconds short of a full 40 minutes, thereby, effectively limiting Washington’s chances of winning their matchup outright. Cal ranks 10th in the nation in scoring (45.8 ppg) and a solid 54th in points allowed (22.2 ppg).
Washington State rolled all over the Wyoming Cowboys 31-14 in Week 3 despite failing to cover the spread as a huge 25.5-point home favorite. Quarterback Luke Falk completed 37 of 45 passes for 303 yards with two touchdowns and one interception while wide receiver caught three passes for 53 yards and three touchdowns. The Cougars average 28.3 points per game (80th) while allowing 24.0 points per game defensively (69th).
60 percent of the betting public likes California to cover the spread in this Week 5 matchup but I don’t. I know the Huskies haven’t looked very good this season despite winning each of their last two games and that their season-opening loss against tiny Portland State, kind of says they can literally lose to any team in the country, but Cal has struggled to put away a pair of so-so teams the last two weeks in Texas and Washington.
With Washington State going 9-2-1 ATS in their last 12 road games and California going 6-17 ATS in its last 23 games at home, I say play the Cougars to cover the spread as a road dog in this one.
The Pick: Cal 35 Washington State 28
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Georgia Southern vs Eastern Michigan 2018 Camellia Bowl Betting Analysis
- Middle Tennessee vs Appalachian State 2018 New Orleans Bowl Spread
- Arizona State vs Fresno State 2018 Las Vegas Bowl Betting Preview
- Utah State vs North Texas 2018 New Mexico Bowl Spread & Prediction
- Tulane vs Louisiana-Lafayette 2018 Cure Bowl Odds & Expert Pick
- Top NCAA Football Betting Picks for Bowl Week – December 10th Edition
- Top Picks for first round of 2018 NCAA Football Bowls
- Updated 2019 NCAA Football Championship Odds – December 7th
- Navy vs Army NCAAF Odds & Betting Prediction
- Fresno State vs Boise State 2018 MWC Championship Betting Preview
- Southern vs Alcorn State 2018 SWAC Championship Spread & Game Preview
- Clemson vs Pittsburgh 2018 ACC Championship Lines & Prediction
- UAB vs Middle Tennessee 2018 Conference USA Championship & Pick
- Alabama vs Georgia 2018 SEC Championship Odds & Pick
- Ohio State at Northwestern 2018 Big Ten Championship Odds & Pick
- Utah vs Washington 2018 PAC-12 Championship Lines & Preview
- NCAA Football Week 14 Over/Under Picks
- NCAA Football Week 14 ATS Picks
- NCAA Football Week 14 SU Picks
- Memphis vs UCF 2018 AAC Championship Odds & Preview
- Louisiana-Lafayette vs Appalachian State 2018 Sun Belt Championship Odds
- Texas vs Oklahoma 2018 Big 12 Championship Odds
- Updated 2019 College Football Championship Odds – Nov. 26th Edition
- Top NCAA Football Week 14 Parlay Picks
- NCAA Football Week 14 Odds, Overview & Top Picks
- Notre Dame vs USC NCAA Football Week 13 Betting Odds & Prediction
- San Jose State at Fresno State NCAA Football Week 13 Spread & Pick
- LSU vs Texas A&M NCAA Football Week 13 Odds & Pick
- 3 Reasons to Bet Against Notre Dame in Playoffs
- 3 Reasons to Bet on Notre Dame in the 2018 Playoffs