West Virginia vs Tennessee NCAA Football Week 1 Odds & Pick
- When: Saturday, Sept 1 at 3:30 PM EST
- Where: Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte
- TV: CBS
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: CBS Sports Go
- NCAA Football Week 1 Odds: West Virginia -110 (Total 61.5)
Why bet on the Tennessee Volunteers?This is absolutely a rebuilding year for a Tennessee team that went just 4-8 last season. Pruitt has a bit of a job on his hands here, and it perhaps asking a little too much of him to turn this team around this season. His biggest task would appear to be on the offensive side of the football, as he is taking over a team that averaged less than 20 PPG in 2017. This was all while giving up close to 30 PPG and getting absolutely hammered on the ground.It is perhaps a little surprising that the Volunteers are in as just a 7-point underdog for this one considering how things went for them last season. While this is a neutral site game, it is worth noting that the Volunteers only had 1 win away from home last season. They went 3-9 ATS, which included being 2-3 ATS away from home.
Why bet on the West Virginia Mountaineers?The West Virginia Mountaineers have been a fun team to watch during the Dana Holgorsen era, as he has created a team that is always explosive on the offensive side of the football. The inability of the defense to match the offense has been what has held this team back, and you know that they have to be more than a little disappointed with their 7-6 record last season.QB Will Grier will be back to lead an offense that averages close to 35 PPG in 2017, but in order to be successful, this team is going to need to plug the holes in a defense that gave up over 31 PPG last year. The Mountaineers were just 5-8 ATS last season, probably because of their inability to slow the opposition down when it mattered.
Latest NCAA Football Betting Trends
- West Virginia is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- West Virginia is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of West Virginia’s last 5 games
- Tennessee is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games
- Tennessee is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tennessee’s last 6 games