Even though Alabama lost Tua Tagovailoa for the season, the Crimson Tide believe they can still make the College Football Playoff. To do so, they must not only win out but prove that back-up quarterback Mac Jones can put on a show. Will Jones put on a show against overmatched Western Carolina? Keep reading for the analysis and free pick for Western Carolina vs Alabama!
Western Carolina vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Game Prediction
- When: Saturday, Nov. 23 at 12:00 pm ET
- Where: Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL
- TV: ESPN
- ATS Odds: TBD
- AM Showers: 13°C/56°F
- Humidity: 77%
- Precipitation: 40%
- Wind: 10 mph NW
- Cloud Cover: 83%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why the Western Carolina Catamounts are a good bet ATS?
The first reason to back Western Carolina rests with the spread. Alabama should offer the Catamounts north of 42 points. They might offer Western Carolina more than 50 points. That’s how big of a disadvantage Western Carolina is at in this game. Not only that, but the Catamounts face Bama backup quarterback Mac Jones. The points and a down on their luck Alabama team should lead to a WC cover.
- Total Yards: 338.3
- Passing Yards: 184.5
- Rushing Yards: 153.7
- Points Scored: 19.5
- Total Yards: 425
- Passing Yards: 164.9
- Rushing Yards: 260.9
- Points Allowed: 36.3
Why the Alabama Crimson Tide is a good bet ATS?
Alabama has no choice but to give Mac Jones playing time. Jones is the Tide’s starting quarterback. He must get up to speed, which means Nick Saban will allow Jones to play at least 3 quarters in this game. That might be enough for Alabama to cover the expected gargantuan spread.
- Total Yards: 510.6
- Passing Yards: 347.7
- Rushing Yards: 162.9
- Points Scored: 46.8
- Total Yards: 329.2
- Passing Yards: 191.6
- Rushing Yards: 137.6
- Points Allowed: 17.5
College Football Week 13 Betting Trends for Western Carolina vs Alabama
- Western Carolina is 5-1 ATS in the last 6 games played in November
- Western Carolina is 0-10 SU in the last 10 games
- The total wente OVER in 8 of Western Carolina’s last 12 games
- Alabama is 9-1 SU in their last 10 games
- Alabama is 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games played in November
- The total went UNDER in 13 of Alabama’s last 17 games played in week 13
Western Carolina vs Alabama Final Betting Analysis
Alabama suffered a major blow when Tua hurt his hip against the Mississippi State Bulldogs in Week 12. Heading into Week 13, the Crimson Tide hope to get back to dominating on both sides of the football.
Although they will, they might not cover the spread. Western Carolina has trouble against teams they face that aren’t Power 5 Conference behemoths. The Catamounts won’t move the football at all in this game. But, Saban won’t beat Western Carolina 73-0, either. He has more respect for teams like this. Alabama beat WCU 48-14 in 2014. Expect Alabama to win by around 28 to 35 points again, not nearly enough to cover the spread.
College Football Week 13 Free Pick: Western Carolina ATS
More College Football Week 13 Betting News
- Oklahoma State vs West Virginia 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Expert Pick
- Memphis vs USF 2019 College Football Week 13 Betting Lines & Preview
- Temple vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- How to Bet SMU vs Navy 2019 College Football Week 13 Spread & Expert Pick
- Boston College vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds & Prediction
- Purdue vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 13 Spread & Analysis
- Illinois vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 13 Spread & Game Info
- Kansas State vs Texas Tech 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Duke vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Expert Pick
- Minnesota vs Northwestern 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds & Betting Analysis
- College Football Picks Week 13 & Wazzu Trip Recap (Ep. 755)
- Texas vs Baylor 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Samford vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Expert Prediction
- How to Bet Arkansas vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds & Game Info