2017 Indianapolis Colts Season Win Total Prediction
Indianapolis Colts Futures Odds
- 2017-18 Regular Season Wins: 8.5 (both -115)
- Odds To Win AFC South: +160 (co-favorite)
- Odds To Win AFC Conference: +1500
- Odds To Win Super Bowl LII: +3300
Luck’s Shoulder In QuestionFirst of all, Luck had off season surgery on his throwing shoulder and still has yet to throw a football. That should concern Colts backers considering training camp is only about two weeks away. Luck claims he’ll be ready for the season and owner Jim Irsay has said the same thing.
But What Are They Supposed to Say?All things considered, the Colts are not going to rush Luck. He’s their franchise player. Luck is hoping for an improvement from the offense in 2017, but the unit will have to settle for its starting quarterback doing classroom work with his teammates rather than the on-field variety. “It’s going really well, it’s feeling better and better every week,” Luck said recently. “Still haven’t started throwing, but that process will come when it’s ready.” For instance, much like Drew Brees in New Orleans, the Colts derive almost their entire identity from the quarterback position. Therefore new general manager Chris Ballard is trying to change that by bolstering Indianapolis’ defense.
But How Far Back Does This Injury Go?At first, the injury started giving Luck trouble back on Sept. 27, 2015. The Colts desperately needed a win in Week 3 of that season as they were 0-2. And things looked bleak when the Colts were down 27-14 to the Titans halfway through the fourth quarter. But there was Luck going 11-of-13 in the final quarter for 144 yards and two touchdowns. Until the very end, the 35-33 comeback victory saved the early part of the season. But it came with serious repercussions as it was that afternoon in Nashville when the shoulder issues began for No. 12. The first public sign something was wrong with Luck came on Wednesday of the next week and he was limited at practice for the first time in his career.
Pagano On Hot SeatMaybe no coach in the NFL enters on a hotter seat than Indy coach Chuck Pagano. If his team gets off to another 0-2 start, Pagano might not see October. There were reports that Irsay was going to fire him after last season but he opted instead to fire GM Ryan Grigson. After the 2015 season, at Pagano’s urging, Irsay linked Grigson and Pagano together. With Grigson out, Pagano is shackled to no one. Former offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton? Gone. Former defensive coordinator Greg Manusky? Gone.
Defensive Rookie of the Year?The Colts believe they got a steal when they drafted Ohio State safety Malik Hooker at No. 15 overall this year; although many thought he would go in the Top 10. Hookier is slated to replace Mike Adams, who led the Colts last season in defensive snaps (948). Hooker looks to be capable of replicating that feat, as he was on the field for 90.6 percent of Ohio State’s defensive snaps in 2016. However, the caveat here is that Hooker had shoulder and sports hernia surgeries this offseason. The Colts expect Hooker to be ready when the team reports to training camp on July 29.
Upcoming 2017 Indianapolis Colts Schedule & OddsIn all honesty, the Colts have the easiest schedule in the NFL by their opponents 2016 winning percentage. Indy’s foes were a combined 107-146- 3 (.424) last year. In three of the past four seasons, the team with the easiest schedule has gone on to make at least the conference title game.
- Week 1 – @ Los Angeles Rams. NFL Odds: Colts at -3
- Week 2 – vs. St. Louis Cardinals. NFL Odds: Colts at -3
- Week 3 – vs. Cleveland Browns. NFL Odds: Colts at -9.5
- Week 4 – @ Seattle Seahwaks. NFL Odds: Seahawks at -7
- Week 5 – vs. San Francisco 49ers. NFL Odds: Colts at -9
- Week 6 – @ Tennessee Titans. NFL Odds: Titans at -3
- Week 7 – vs. Jacksonville Jaguars. NFL Odds: Colts at -6.5
- Week 8 – @ Cincinnati Bengals. NFL Odds: Bengals at -3
- Week 9 – @ Houston Texans. NFL Odds: Texans at -3
- Week 10 – vs. Pittsburgh Steelers. NFL Odds: Steelers at -1
- Week 11 – BYE
- Week 12 – vs. Tennessee Titans. NFL Odds: Colts at -3
- Week 13 – @ Jacksonville Jaguars. NFL Odds: Colts at -1
- Week 14 – @ Buffalo Bills. NFL Odds: Bills at -1.5
- Week 15 – vs. Denver Broncos. NFL Odds: Colts -1
- Week 16 – @ Baltimore Ravens. NFL Odds: Ravens at -3
- Week 17 – vs. Houston Texans. NFL Odds: TBA