Thanksgiving will be here before we know it, which is we had better get ready for the NFL on Thanksgiving Day! As always, the Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys throw down in a couple of heady Thanksgiving Day games. The festivities start in Motor City when the rival Chicago Bears come to town. Then, we head to Arlington for Big D’s matchup against the surprisingly good Buffalo Bills. Finally, the night ends in the Big Easy when the Atlanta Falcons battle the New Orleans Saints. Check out a preview of the 2019 NFL Thanksgiving Day lineup of games, along with the NFL odds around gameday!
2019 NFL Thanksgiving Day Betting Preview
- When: Thursday, Nov. 28th
- Kickoff: 12:30pm ET
- Where: Ford Field, Detroit, MI
- TV: FOX
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
Detroit often enters their Thanksgiving Day game hoping to salvage the season. How often have the Lions gone into Thanksgiving hoping beyond hope that they can just get a win? Not this season. Detroit is for real. The Lions are a legit contender to the NFC North along with Green Bay, Minnesota, and, yes, Nov. 28 opponent Chicago.
This year, Detroit’s Thanksgiving Day game means something more than just a checkmark victory. The Lions and Bears could be playing for first or second place in the NFC North Division, which means whomever takes the turkey leg on Nov. 28 could be in a great position to make the playoffs.
- Kickoff: 4:30pm ET
- Where: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
- TV: CBS
- Radio: Bills / Cowboys
- Live Stream: CBS Sports Live
The Cowboys are in disarray before Week 8, which means a victory on Thanksgiving Day will, most likely, be a do or die situation. Dallas has hopes of repeating as NFC East Division winners. This Thanksgiving Day game could be either the death knell for the Cowboys’ playoff hopes or the fire that lights the spark that leads to a division victory.
For the Buffalo Bills, playing on Thanksgiving gives them exposure that they haven’t had since Thurman Thomas ran the football and Jim Kelly threw it. Yep, the Bills are good for the first time since the early 1990’s. Think about that? It’s been that long since the Buffalo Bills fielded a team that could make waves in the playoffs!
Bills-Cowboys should be a game between a couple of potential playoff teams, making it as much drama filled as Lions-Bears in the earlier matchup.
- Kickoff: 8:20pm ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA
- TV: NBC
- Radio: Saints / Falcons
- Live Stream: NBC Sports Live
By the time Thanksgiving rolls around, New Orleans should be jockeying for homefield advantage in the playoffs. This is the second year in a row the Saints battle the rival Atlanta Falcons on Thanksgiving Day. Last season, the game took place in New Orleans. This season, the game takes place in Atlanta.
Although the Falcons have no hopes of making the playoffs, they’d love to dominate the Saints and stop them from gaining homefield throughout the playoffs. Saints-Falcons is one of the most emotional rivalries in the NFL. The two franchises simply don’t like each other.
Because both teams exist in the south where the SEC rules, fans on both sides of the rivalry treat it like a college football game more than a pro game. So, even though the Saints are much better than the Falcons, don’t expect Atlanta to roll over. Especially at home where they will want to show their fans they can hang with New Orleans.
Three games with playoff implications, turkey, cranberry sauce, and overall gluttony? Sounds like a good time!
Get ready for the NFL on Thanksgiving Day!
More NFL Week 13 Betting News
- Patriots vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 13 Lines, Betting Prediction & Pick
- Browns vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 13 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- 49ers vs Ravens 2019 NFL Week 13 Betting Lines & Preview
- 2019 NFL Thanksgiving Day Betting Preview
- Saints vs Falcons 2019 NFL Thanksgiving Spread, Game Info & Betting Pick
- Bills vs Cowboys 2019 NFL Thanksgiving Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Bears vs Lions 2019 NFL Thanksgiving Odds, Preview & Pick
- Raiders vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 13 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Rams vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 13 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Chargers vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 13 Lines & Betting Prediction
- How to Bet Eagles vs Dolphins 2019 NFL Week 13 Spread & Prediction
- Packers vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 13 Lines, Preview & Expert Pick
- Buccaneers vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 13 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Redskins vs Panthers 2019 NFL Week 13 Odds, Preview & Pick