After 9 weeks of the NFL season, it is quite clear who the favorites are to make a deep run once we get to the postseason. That said, grabbing the #1 seed in each conference is crucial, as we have 1 extra team on each side making the playoffs this season. That guaranteed bye is a huge prize, so look for those top teams to keep their foot on the gas all the way to the finish. We are also at the point of the season where some teams might consider going in the tank so that they can nab that top draft pick. Let’s take a look at how the National Football League is ranking the top and bottom 5 teams in the league so you can keep doing your bets against their NFL odds for the upcoming week of action.
Power Rankings Following Week 9 of the 2020 NFL Regular Season
- Kansas City Chiefs – It is frightening to see just how good Patrick Mahomes is, as he continues to put up numbers that have him on pace to shatter all kinds of QB records. The Chiefs are 8-1 and showing that they are not about to relinquish their crown without a fight.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – The Steelers remain the only unbeaten team in the league, which is all the more remarkable when you consider that they basically had to skip their bye week and then play 3 straight on the road.
- New Orleans Saints – We all thought that the NFC South would be a 2-horse race between the Saints and the Bucs, which is proving to be the case. The Saints have now beaten Brady and company twice and are rolling.
- Baltimore Ravens – This does not look like the overpowering team of last season, but the Ravens have had a number of obstacles to overcome to get to 6-2 on the season. I would not be writing them off just yet.
- Green Bay Packers – Sometimes, it is tough to get up for a game that you are expected to win easily. The Packers went against an injury-riddled San Francisco 49ers team in Week 9 and got the job done in convincing style.
- New York Giants – When you are having a season as poor as the Giants are having, you take any victory, no matter how small. They got that in Week 9, scraping by the equally poor Washington Football team with a 23-20 win.
- Washington Football Team – You do not need to be a football expert to see that Washington has a problem at the QB position. Dwayne Haskins is beginning to look like a bust and Kyle Allen is injured, which means Alex Smith now has the job.
- Dallas Cowboys – The Cowboys showed some tenacity in Week 9 with 4th string QB Garrett Gilbert under center, coming close to upsetting the Steelers. A loss is still a loss, though, and all is not well in Dallas right now.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – We still have the entire second half of the season to play, but it looks as though we are in for a dogfight for the worst record in football. With just 1 win on the season, the Jaguars are right there.
- New York Jets – It looked for a moment as though the Jets might get their first win of the season on Monday night against the Patriots. They once again came up short, though, and are still on pace for an 0-16 season.
NFL Betting News
- New York Giants at Seattle Seahawks: Week 13 Line and Early Picks
- Super Bowl LV Contenders & Pretenders Update Dec. 4
- Las Vegas Raiders at New York Jets Line and Betting Trends December 6, 2020
- Philadelphia Eagles at Green Bay Packers: Odds and Computer Picks December 6, 2020
- New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons Line and Betting Trends December 6, 2020