With no chance of improving on their current sixth seed in the upcoming NFC playoffs, the Minnesota Vikings almost certainly won’t be going all-out in order to dispatch the Chicago Bears when they host their longtime division rivals on Sunday. With several starters, including star running back Dalvin Cook, sitting out in this matchup, let’s find out if the underachieving Bears can get the road upset to cap off their 2019 regular season with a feel-good win.
Bears vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- When: Sunday, December 29, 2019 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
- TV: FOX
- Radio: Chicago / Minnesota
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 17 Odds: Minnesota -1 / Total: 36.5
- Rain to Snow: 4°C/39°F
- Humidity: 85%
- Precipitation: 80%
- Wind: 12 mph SSE
- Cloud Cover: 94%
- Type of Stadium: Indoor
Why Bet On Chicago?
The best reasons to back the Bears are the fact that Minnesota won’t be playing their starters for the entirety of this matchup, combined with the fact that Chicago is desperate for a win to finish at 8-8 and avoid their fifth losing campaign in the past six seasons. Unfortunately, Chicago has dropped two straight including an embarrassing 26-3 blowout loss at home against Kansas City last weekend. The Bears have been limited to a grand total of 16 points over their last two games.
“It’s not easy, but we have to stay mentally focused knowing it’s our obligation,” Chicago coach Matt Nagy told reporters this week. “There’s a pride element I think for all of us, so that’s what we’ll be looking for.”
Chicago has an elite defense that ranks fifth in points allowed (18.6 ppg), but the Bears also rank a dismal 30th in scoring by averaging just 17.3 points per game offensively.
- Average Score For: 17.27
- Total Yards: 295.07
- Pass Yards: 208.40
- Rush Yards: 86.67
- Average Score Against: 18.60
- Total Yards: 325.73
- Pass Yards: 228.53
- Rush Yards: 97.20
Why Bet On Minnesota?
The Vikings might not be playing their starters for long in this one, but there are still some good reasons to believe Minnesota will get the win and ATS cover in this affair. The Vikings rank sixth in points allowed (18.8 ppg) and seventh in scoring (25.9 ppg).
Then, there’s the fact that Minnesota has gone 6-1 at home this season, not to mention the fact that the Vikings should still be motivated to take care of business in this one after suffering their first home loss of the season by losing to Green Bay 23-10 last weekend when a shot to win the NFC North was still on the line.
- Average Score For: 25.87
- Total Yards: 357.00
- Pass Yards: 226.40
- Rush Yards: 130.60
- Average Score Against: 18.80
- Total Yards: 341.87
- Pass Yards: 237.20
- Rush Yards: 104.67
NFL Week 17 Betting Trends for Chicago Bears vs Minnesota Vikings
- Bears are 1-5 ATS in the last 6 games
- Bears are 1-6 SU in the last 7 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
- The total wenht UNDER in 7 of Chicago’s last 9 games
- Vikings are 6-13 ATS in the last 19 games played in week 17
- Vikings are 8-3 SU in the last 11 games
- The total went OVER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 7 games
Bears vs Vikings Expert Analysis and Prediction
Minnesota might be resting the vast majority of their starters in this affair, but the Vikings still have an elite defense and that means they’ll almost certainly force mediocre Bears quarterback Mitch Trubisky into at least one costly turnover.
The home team in this NFC North rivalry has gone 6-2 ATS in their last 8 meetings and Chicago is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 vs. NFC and 0-5 ATS in their last 5 road games.
With the Vikings going 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a double-digit loss at home and 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games following a ATS loss, I say the handwriting is on the wall. Minnesota wins and covers!
Pick: Vikings 24 Bears 21
More NFL Week 17 Betting News
- 2019 NFL Week 17 Over/Under Betting Picks
- Raiders vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Titans vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Dolphins vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Cardinals vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Chargers vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Bears vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Colts vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- NFL Week 17 Christmas MEGAPOD (Ep. 768)
- Steelers vs Ravens 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Jets vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Falcons vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Eagles vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Analysis & Prediction