The Cincinnati Bengals were the last team in the NFL to win this season, and they look for another upset on Sunday when they head upstate in Ohio to face the Cleveland Browns. Baker Mayfield & Co. are solid NFL betting favorites at Mybookie.
How to Bet Bengals vs Browns NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Info
- When: Sunday, December 8th, 2019 at 1 PM ET
- Where: FirstEnergy Stadium
- TV: CBS
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 14 Spread: Cleveland Browns -8.5 (Total 40.5)
Bengals vs Browns Last MeetingThe Browns swept last year for the first time since 2002. The most recent meeting was Week 16 in Cleveland, a 26-18 Browns victory. Baker Mayfield threw three touchdown passes and Nick Chubb ran for 112 yards. Cincinnati made it interesting as Jeff Driskel threw two TD passes in a two-minute stretch to get the Bengals close. However, Mayfield connected with tight end David Njoku for 66 yards just before the two-minute warning and the Browns ran out the clock.
Why Bet on Cincinnati?The Bengals got their first win Sunday, upsetting the Jets 22-6. Before Sunday, the Bengals were the only winless team in the NFL and at risk of becoming the third team in league history to go 0-16. The Bengals had dropped 13 consecutive games dating to last season, which was also a team record.
New York’s offense struggled against a Cincinnati defense that ranked near the bottom of the league in several statistical categories, including total defense. The Jets were held to 271 yards.
Coach Zac Taylor opted to bench rookie Ryan Finley and reinserted Andy Dalton as the starting QB. Dalton completed 22-of-37 passes for 243 yards and a touchdown. Dalton’s longest pass went for 19 yards and he lost two touchdowns to drops from his tight ends. Dalton put Cincinnati ahead to stay with a 17-yard pass to Tyler Boyd that made him the Bengals’ career leader in touchdown passes, moving ahead of Ken Anderson with 198. He also passed Anderson for the franchise’s career completion mark.
Joe Mixon rushed 19 times for 44 yards and a touchdown, adding four receptions for 26 additional yards. Boyd caught 5-of-10 targets for 59 yards and that touchdown. No. 1 WR A.J. Green missed his 12th game recovering from ankle surgery. He’s clearly not playing this year.
Some HelpHowever, another wideout, John Ross, has been activated off injured reserve. Ross, the seventh overall pick in the 2017 draft, required a minimum absence of eight weeks when put on IR after suffering an injured sternoclavicular joint in the Bengals’ Week 4 loss to Pittsburgh.
Before the injury, Ross was in the midst of his best start to an NFL campaign. In four games, he caught 16 passes for 328 yards and three touchdowns. He had totaled 210 receiving yards in his previous 16 games with the Bengals. The Bengals are 23rd in the NFL with 12 completions of 20 or more air yards; Ross had two of those completions in Cincinnati’s season opener at Seattle.
- Points per Game: 14.92
- Passing Yards: 222.92
- Rushing Yards: 78.08
- Yards per Play: 4.75
- Points per Game: 24.83
- Passing Yards: 247.58
- Rushing Yards: 157.67
- Yards per Play: 6.25
Why Bet on Cleveland?The Browns had their three-game winning streak and probably their playoff hopes end in a 20-13 loss in Pittsburgh on Sunday. It was Cleveland’s 16th straight road loss in the series. The Browns were outplayed over the final three quarters by a Steelers team riddled with injury and inexperience at the offensive skill positions. Cleveland likely now needs to win out and get some help to reach the playoffs.
Cleveland took an early 10-0 lead but sputtered the rest of the way. Baker Mayfield completed 18 of 32 passes for 196 yards with a touchdown and an interception, and played the second half with his right (throwing) hand in a protective glove after smacking it against the face mask of Pittsburgh linebacker Bud Dupree. Mayfield began the game 10-of-12 from under center but, following the big hit, finished the game 8-of-20 — including game-ending interception behind Jarvis Landry.
Browns coach Freddie Kitchens said Mayfield “should be fine” for Week 14. It’s been a down year for Mayfield, who ranks third to Jameis Winston (20) and Philip Rivers (15) in interceptions with 14. Kitchens has struggled to find a way to protect Mayfield, who has been sacked 32 times this season.
Rushing & DefenseNick Chubb handled 16 carries for 58 yards, adding a 21-yard catch in the loss. Kareem Hunt rushed seven times for 46 yards, hauling in all five of his targets for 19 yards and a touchdown. Odell Beckham caught 3-of-6 targets for 29 yards. The prized offseason acquisition has now gone six straight games without eclipsing 100 receiving yards for the first time in his career. What a disappointment the splashiest trade of the NFL offseason has turned out to be. Landry caught 6-of-11 targets for a team-high 76 yards.
Kitchens said cornerback Greedy Williams (concussion) is in the league’s protocol. Williams unexpectedly walked off the field and into the locker room under his own power after mysteriously banging his shoulder into one of Cleveland’s wideouts mid-fourth quarter vs. Pittsburgh. The team is confident the rookie will be cleared by Sunday.
- Points per Game: 20.50
- Passing Yards: 225.25
- Rushing Yards: 122.67
- Yards per Play: 5.58
- Points per Game: 22.67
- Passing Yards: 213.33
- Rushing Yards: 124.00
- Yards per Play: 5.45
Bengals vs Browns NFL Week 14 Betting Trends
- Under is 5-0-1 in the last 6 meetings in Cleveland
- Favorite is 7-1 ATS in their last 8 meetings
- Road team is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings
- Bengals are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games against Cleveland
- Bengals are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games against Cleveland
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 5 games on the road
- Browns are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games at home
- Browns are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games played in week 14
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 6 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
Expert Final Score Prediction for Bengals vs BrownsCincinnati Bengals 16 – Cleveland Browns 24
More Week 14 NFL Betting News
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction
- Colts vs Texans NFL Week 14 Lines & Game Preview
- Patriots vs Dolphins NFL Week 14 Odds & Game Info
- Saints at Buccaneers NFL Week 14 Spread & Prediction
- Ravens vs Chiefs NFL Week 14 Odds & Expert Pick
- Bengals vs Chargers NFL Week 14 Lines & Betting Pick
- Broncos vs 49ers NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Panthers vs Browns NFL Week 14 Odds & Game Preview
- Rams vs Bears NFL Week 14 Betting Lines & Game Preview
Even More Bengals vs Browns Archived Betting Articles
- NFL 2020 Week 13 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- 2020 NFL Week 11 SU Picks & Expert Analysis
- NFL 2020 Week 8 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- Browns 37 vs Bengals 34 Result NFL Week 7 Score
- AFC North News & Odds: Can Browns Survive Without Nick Chubb?
- NFL 2020 Week 5 O/U Picks & Expert Analysis
- NFL 2020 Week 4 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- Browns vs. Bengals: October 25, 2020 Odds and Computer Picks
- Bengals 30 vs Browns 35 Result NFL Week 2 Thursday Night Football Score
- Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Thursday Night Football Odds and Computer Picks September 17, 2020
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 2 in 2020
- NFL AFC North Divisional Odds After Draft
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- AFC North Mock Draft For 2020 Draft