As the NFL Week 11 approaches, there is a seemingly endless debate about which conference is the better of the two. It’s an argument that will continue to rage, as the answer always seems elusive. Look at the teams with the hottest winning streaks right now and you will find that the majority of them are in the NFC. That may have changed by the time the season comes to an end, and let’s not forget that we still have an AFC team as the reigning Super Bowl champion.
The winning streaks in the NFC are proving to be a bit of a problem for those teams on the outside looking in at the playoff picture. The division races are starting to take shape, which means we have a number of teams looking at the Wild Card as their way into the postseason. The Detroit Lions are one of those teams, but at 5-4 on the season, they know that there is still a lot of work to be done if they want to be playing beyond the end of the regular season.
They will head to Chicago this week looking to extend their winning streak to 3. The Lions are a 3-point favorite for this one, with the point total set at 41.
Lions (5-4) vs. Bears (3-6) NFL Week 11 Preview & Betting Odds
.@_bigplayslay23 numbers show he’s the real deal.
— Detroit Lions (@Lions) 15 de noviembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, November 19, 1 PM EST
- Where: Soldier Field, Chicago
- TV: FOX
- Radio: 95.3 FM (Detroit) / 720 AM (Chicago)
- Live Stream: NFL Live
- NFL Week 11 Odds: Detroit Lions -3 (Over/Under at 41)
- Partly Cloudy: 0°C/32°F
- Humidity: 50%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Cloud Cover: 34%
- Wind: 13 mph W
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Detroit Lions lead 7-3
- Score: Detroit Lions 24.10 / Chicago Bears 20.90
- Rush Yards: Detroit Lions 110.40 / Chicago Bears 96.60
- Pass Attempts: Detroit Lions 39.40 / Chicago Bears 37.80
- Completion Percentage: Detroit Lions 62.94 / Chicago Bears 61.90
- Passing Yards: Detroit Lions 263.60 / Chicago Bears 246.70
- Total Yards: Detroit Lions 374.00 / Chicago Bears 343.3
- Turnovers: Detroit Lions 2.30 / Chicago Bears 1.20
Why bet on the Detroit Lions?
After being effectively shut down by the Pittsburgh Steelers a few weeks back, the Detroit Lions have rediscovered their scoring touch, racking up 68 points in back to back wins over the Packers and Browns. Those wins helped take the Lions back over .500, but since they are still a couple of games back of the Minnesota Vikings in the NFC North, they are realistically looking at the Wild Card as the way into the playoffs this season.
That doesn’t mean that they cannot catch the Vikings, but Detroit will need to be a lot more consistent in the final weeks of the season than they have been to this point. Detroit is probably going to need to ride their offense to get there, and if they continue to average over 27 PPG, they have a shot. Detroit has won 7 of their last 8 games versus the Bears, but are just 1-4 ATS in their last 5 meetings. They are 3-1 SU and ATS in road games this season.
- Average Score For: 27.11
- Total Yards: 336.89
- Rush Yards: 82.56
- Passing Yards: 254.33
- Average Score Against: 23.33
- Total Yards: 349.78
- Rush Yards: 102.22
- Passing Yards: 247.56
Why bet on the Chicago Bears?
The Chicago Bears season is essentially over at 3-6, but this is a team that has decided that they are going to look ahead, which means we can expect to see rookie QB Mitch Trubisky take all the snaps the rest of the way. You need only look at their 169 YPG average through the air to see that they are not really letting the young man off the reins, with the ground game getting most of the work with Trubisky under center.
The Lions are more susceptible to the pass than they are to the run, so it’s going to be interesting to see what sort of approach the Bears coaching staff takes this coming Sunday. The Bears are not winning a lot of games, but have done a decent job of keeping things close, covering in 4 of their last 5 games. The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the last 5 games Chicago has played at home.
- Average Score For: 16.67
- Total Yards: 291.34
- Rush Yards: 121.56
- Passing Yards: 169.78
- Average Score Against: 21.56
- Total Yards: 315.34
- Rush Yards: 110.56
- Passing Yards: 204.78
Latest NFL Week 11 Betting Trends
- Lions are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games when playing Chicago
- Lions are 5-11 SU in their last 16 games when playing on the road against Chicago
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games
- Bears are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- Bears are 3-10 SU in their last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chicago’s last 9 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
Detroit has it all to play for in the final weeks of the season, and that should be enough to inspire them to go all out for the win here. You need to like Stafford over Trubisky, so I am taking the Lions to win and cover in this divisional NFL Week 11 match, with the total going UNDER.
Score: Detroit Lions 23 – Chicago Bears 16