If there is one thing that we can count on in every single NFL season, it is that at least one team will come from nowhere to suddenly be a challenger. Granted, those teams are not always the ones that make it all the way to the Super Bowl, but they are the ones that succeed against all odds. It would be hard to argue against the LA Rams as being the surprise team of this season, especially when you consider how poor they were last season, but now is very different, just as the NFL Week 16 spread indicates.
Rookie QB Jared Goff was widely considered to be a bust, and the inability to have any sort of passing game in place made it impossible for Todd Gurley to do his thing on the ground. Goff has come out this season and prove everyone wrong, and Gurley is playing at MVP levels because of that.
The Rams will be in the playoffs this season, and they have the opportunity to hurt the chances of the Tennessee Titans getting in if they can go on the road and get the win this weekend. The Rams are favored by 7 in this one, with the point total set at 47 ½.
LA Rams (10-4) at Tennessee Titans (8-6) NFL Week 16 Spread & Expert Pick
— Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL) 22 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, December 24 at 1 PM EST
- Where: Nissan Stadium, Nashville
- TV: FOX
- Radio: 710 AM (Los Angeles) / 92.9 FM (Tennessee)
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 16 Spread: Los Angeles Rams -7 (Over/Under at 47.5)
- Overcast: 7°C/45°F
- Humidity: 64%
- Precipitation: 4%
- Cloud Cover: 89%
- Wind: 9 mph W
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 5 Games)
- Record: Tennessee Titans lead 3-2
- Score: Los Angeles Rams 20.60 / Tennessee Titans 28.40
- Rush Yards: Los Angeles Rams 99.60 / Tennessee Titans 141.40
- Pass Attempts: Los Angeles Rams 39.60 / Tennessee Titans 30.60
- Completion Percentage: Los Angeles Rams 61.62 / Tennessee Titans 58.17
- Passing Yards: Los Angeles Rams 263.20 / Tennessee Titans 217.00
- Total Yards: Los Angeles Rams 362.8 / Tennessee Titans 358.4
- Turnovers: Los Angeles Rams 2.80 / Tennessee Titans 1.20
Why bet on the LA Rams?
No matter how things turn out for the Rams this season, they have been an absolute joy to watch. They have one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL, and that was on full display last weekend when they destroyed the Seattle Seahawks 42-7. Todd Gurley was at his brilliant best in that one, getting into the end zone on no less than 4 different occasions. The Rams are averaging over 31 PPG this season, and have dominated teams by keeping opposing defenses off balance, which they do by alternating between the pass and run.
While it is not yet official, the Rams have all but locked up the West, and can, in fact, clinch with a win on Sunday, which is really all the incentive that they need to get the win. The Rams are 7-2 SU and ATS in their last 9 games and are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games on the road.
- Average Score For: 31.29
- Total Yards: 366.5
- Rush Yards: 123.57
- Passing Yards: 242.93
- Average Score Against: 19.43
- Total Yards: 329.22
- Rush Yards: 120.79
- Passing Yards: 208.43
Why bet on the Tennessee Titans?
After looking like a playoff lock for the majority of the season, the Tennessee Titans are suddenly in a spot of bother. They have lost back to back games against teams that they really should be beating, as the Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers have both long been out of the playoff picture. Tennessee still has a Wild Card spot right now, and are projected to land in the 5th seed, but that could all go out the window with a loss this weekend.
It really is desperation time in Nashville, and this team needs to get going offensively once again as they want to be in the postseason. Scoring 30 points in back to back games against non-playoff teams is not the way to get the job done. The good news is that Tennessee has won 5-straight at home, and they are also 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 home games, but that’s not enough to be considered as the NFL Week 16 Spread favorites.
- Average Score For: 21.14
- Total Yards: 316.14
- Rush Yards: 115.71
- Passing Yards: 200.43
- Average Score Against: 22.79
- Total Yards: 329.78
- Rush Yards: 87.21
- Passing Yards: 242.57
Latest NFL Week 16 Betting Trends
- Rams are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- Rams are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of LA Rams’ last 7 games on the road
- Titans are 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 games at home
- Titans are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tennessee’s last 5 games at home
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
The Rams may have a playoff spot all but locked up, but they still have a shot at getting a bye in the opening round of the playoffs. I like them to go to Tennessee and get the win this weekend, although I do not think they will cover the NFL Week 16 spread. I think the point total will fall just UNDER.
Score: LA Rams 24 – Tennessee Titans 21