There comes a time in the current life cycle of every team when it becomes apparent that changes are required. In some cases, it’s as simple as bringing in a new coaching staff to turn things around, while other teams need to consider heading into a total rebuilding phase. The Denver Broncos probably fall somewhere in the middle, as they have the defensive pieces in place, but are struggling to get the job done without the help of an elite QB, nevertheless, they are NFL Betting Favorites for Week 11.
The defense has struggled the last couple of weeks, but perhaps because they are getting worn out after spending so much time on the field. Things appear to be a little more drastic with the Cincinnati Bengals, and the smart money would suggest that this whole thing is on the brink of being blown up, with no-one, except perhaps A.J. Green, safe from the cull that is probably going to start at the end of the season.
Both of these teams are well adrift of the playoff pack at 3-6, and a win here won’t really help either of them. The Broncos are a 2 ½ point favorite for this one, and the point total has been set at 38.5.
Cincinnati (3-6) at Denver (3-6) NFL Betting Odds & Game Preview
Familiar face DT Domata Peko will be lining up across from the orange and black on Sunday. #CINvsDEN
— Cincinnati Bengals (@Bengals) 16 de noviembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, November 12, 4:25 PM EST
- Where: Sports Authority Stadium at Mile High, Denver
- TV: CBS
- Radio: 102.7 FM (Cincinnati) / 103.5 FM (Denver)
- Live Stream: NFL Live
- NFL Betting Odds: Denver Broncos -2.5 (Over/Under at 38.5)
- Partly Cloudy: 13°C/56°F
- Humidity: 14%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Cloud Cover: 38%
- Wind: 5 mph WNW
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Denver Broncos lead 7-3
- Score: Cincinnati Bengals 21.00 / Denver Broncos 22.90
- Rush Yards: Cincinnati Bengals 144.70 / Denver Broncos 110.00
- Pass Attempts: Cincinnati Bengals 32.00 / Denver Broncos 33.90
- Completion Percentage: Cincinnati Bengals 59.06 / Denver Broncos 63.13
- Passing Yards: Cincinnati Bengals 196.60 / Denver Broncos 240.70
- Total Yards: Cincinnati Bengals 341.3 / Denver Broncos 350.7
- Turnovers: Cincinnati Bengals 1.80 / Denver Broncos 2.10
Why consider the Bengals NFL Betting Odds?
It’s easy to see what the problem is for the Bengals, as this is a team that is barely managing 16 PPG through their first 9 games. The three wins that they have managed this season have come against the Browns, Bills, and Colts, which is not exactly a trio of teams that you would consider tough to take down. A big part of their offensive woes come from a complete inability to run the football with any degree of success, as their ground game is averaging just 70 YPG.
Andy Dalton is not a guy that is going to beat you with his arm, as he simply makes too many poor decisions. Given these offensive woes, it’s no real surprise that the UNDER has hit in 12 of the last 17 games that the Bengals have played. Denver is not a place where Cincinnati like to play, going just 1-6 SU in their last 7 visits there, although they are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 trips to Mile High.
- Average Score For: 16.56
- Total Yards: 274.00
- Rush Yards: 70.11
- Passing Yards: 203.89
- Average Score Against: 20.22
- Total Yards: 320.88
- Rush Yards: 123.44
- Passing Yards: 197.44
Why consider the Broncos NFL Betting Odds?
The Broncos have the same type of problem as the Bengals, which is that they cannot get points on the board. This is a team that is just a couple of years removed from a playoff win, which came when their defense was flying high. Most of the key personnel from that championship defense are still in place today, but they are being asked to do too much. After doing a great job of keeping their team in games at the start of the year, the work is beginning to take a toll, as the Broncos have given up 92 points in their last two games.
They should be able to get that under control a little this weekend against an anemic Bengals offense, but can the offense raise their game enough to go out and get a win? The Broncos have now lost 5 straight games, failing to cover in each of those outings, but are still 13-5 SU in their last 18 at home.
- Average Score For: 18.44
- Total Yards: 328.56
- Rush Yards: 113.00
- Passing Yards: 215.56
- Average Score Against: 26.56
- Total Yards: 293.56
- Rush Yards: 89.56
- Passing Yards: 204.00
Latest NFL Betting Trends for Week 11
- Bengals are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- Bengals are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Cincinnati’s last 17 games
- Broncos are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games
- Broncos are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Denver’s last 9 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
The Broncos have had the Bengals number over the years, but these are two very bad teams at the moment, so perhaps those old stats no longer apply. This is going to be a close one, but I think the Broncos eke out the win.
Score: Cincinnati Bengals 18 – Denver Broncos 20