The Indianapolis Colts continue to roll along. The Colts notched their fourth victory this season and are now favorites to win the AFC South. Can Indianapolis keep it going both straight up and against the spread versus the hapless Denver Broncos on Oct. 27? Keep reading for NFL Week 8 odds, analysis and a free pick for Broncos vs Colts!
Broncos vs Colts 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- When: Sunday, Oct. 27 at 1:00pm ET
- Where: Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN
- TV: CBS
- ATS Odds: Colts -6 ½
- Over/Under Total Odds: 44
- AM Showers: 18°C/64°F
- Humidity: 77%
- Precipitation: 40%
- Wind: 10 mph SSW
- Cloud Cover: 42%
- Type of Stadium: Retractable
Why the Denver Broncos are a good bet +6 ½?
The Denver Broncos only have a couple of wins this season. However, both wins impressed. They upset the L.A. Chargers 20-13 on the road and they held Tennessee to 0 points in a 16-0 victory at home.
In Week 7, the Broncos battled the Kansas City Chiefs. Although they failed to do much of anything on offense, with a few slight adjustments, the Broncos could provide a much better performance on Sunday against the Colts. Denver has a very good defense, one that holds teams to under 20 points per. Denver, although they might not win SU, can provide a decent enough performance for an ATS victory.
- Total Yards: 320.1
- Passing Yards: 210.6
- Rushing Yards: 109.6
- Points Scored: 16
- Total Yards: 302.6
- Passing Yards: 195.3
- Rushing Yards: 107.3
- Points Allowed: 19.4
Why the Indianapolis Colts are a good bet -6 ½?
The Colts are on a roll. Indianapolis upset Kansas City 19-13 on Oct. 6. After their bye, they beat the Houston Texans 30-23 in Week 7. There’s no reason to believe that a team that averages 16 points per game can keep up with the Jacoby Brissett led Colts who are on fire. Brissett leads an offense that can pretty much play any style and win. That gives Indy a huge advantage in this game.
- Total Yards: 350.5
- Passing Yards: 221.8
- Rushing Yards: 128.7
- Points Scored: 23.8
- Total Yards: 361.2
- Passing Yards: 250.2
- Rushing Yards: 111
- Points Allowed: 23
NFL Week 8 Betting Trends for Broncos vs Colts
- Broncos are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 road games
- Broncos are 0-5 ATS in the last 5 games following a double-digit loss at home
- The total went UNDER in 14 of Denver’s last 16 games
- Colts are 4-1-1 ATS in the last 6 games overall
- Colts are 4-0 ATS in the last 4 games in October
- The total went OVER in 4 of Indianapolis’ last 6 games
Broncos vs Colts Final NFL Betting Analysis
On paper, this is an absolute mismatch. Denver has a single way to go, and that’s to eat up clock and hope to kick field goals. Although all that’s true, the Colts will often play the style their opponent prefers.
That’s the key with handicapping this matchup. As good as the Colts are, they don’t force any specific style. On offense, they take what the defense gives them. Check out the 19-13 win over the Kansas City Chiefs, a game that most felt should have been a shootout, or the 19-17 victory over Tennessee.
Denver won’t force the issue while they’ll play good defense. Indianapolis will be perfectly happy playing a tight matchup into the fourth quarter where they’ll hope to break it open. This is a different matchup for the Broncos, one in which, as crazy as it sounds, they win can straight up. Take the points on Denver.
NFL Free Pick: Denver Broncos +6 ½
More NFL Week 8 Betting News
- Dolphins vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- NFL Picks Week Eight (Ep. 744)
- Raiders vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Panthers vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Giants vs Lions 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds & Expert Prediction
- Chargers vs Bears 2019 NFL Week 8 Betting Lines & Expert Pick
- Eagles vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Bengals vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Buccaneers vs Titans 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Week Eight Daily Fantasy Football Picks (Ep. 742)
- Cardinals vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines, Game Analysis & Prediction
- Jets vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Game Preview & Betting Pick
- Redskins vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- Browns vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 8 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick