When the NFL season begins, we tend to see teams split off into a number of different categories. Some teams come storming out the gate, while others take a few weeks to get rolling. We have tams that are terrible from the start and who continue that way, as well as some who adopt a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde persona, where we never really know what to expect from week to week. Given that information, it is probably not that surprising that the NFL is always tough to handicap. While the gulf between some teams is huge, we have, for the most part, a very decent level of parity in the league right now.
The Monday night game features a team that has started the season well going against one of the teams who have been tough to peg down. The San Francisco 49ers are off to a perfect start and will be hosting a Cleveland Browns team that has looked great and awful in equal amounts. The 49ers are in as a 3 ½ point home favorite, with the point total for this one set at 46 ½.
Browns vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- When: Monday, October 7 at 8:15 PM EST
- Where: Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM/NFL
- Live Stream: NFL League Pass
- NFL Week 5 Odds: San Francisco 49ers -3.5 (Total 46.5)
- Sunny: 33°C/91°F
- Humidity: 28%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Cloud Cover: 2%
- Wind: 14 mph NNW
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Cleveland Browns?
It’s only 4 weeks into the season, but the Cleveland Browns are already displaying a stunning lack of consistency. They looked absolutely terrible in the opening week of the season, committing countless errors on their way to a thrashing at the hands of the Tennessee Titans. They beat the Jets to get back to .500 before dropping their second game of the year to the Rams.
Most had them losing to a Baltimore Ravens team that has looked good in the early going, but the Browns delivered their best performance of the year to get a 40-25 win over their division rivals. The Browns haven’t won much over the years, yet they are 5-1 SU versus the 49ers in their last 6 meetings. They are also 4-1 ATS overall in their last 5 games as the underdog.
- Points per Game: 16.33
- Passing Yards: 241.33
- Rushing Yards: 89.00
- Yards per Play: 5.36
- Points per Game: 22.00
- Passing Yards: 213.33
- Rushing Yards: 102.00
- Yards per Play: 5.28
Why bet on the San Francisco 49ers?The 49ers might actually be a little disappointed at seeing their bye week come so early in the year, as they have made a very positive start to the season. They looked dominant in the opening two weeks with big wins over Tampa Bay and Cincinnati, and they also found a way to pull put a tight win at home versus the Pittsburgh Steelers despite turning the ball over a ridiculous 6 times on that one.
In retrospect, the week off may not have been a bad thing, as it will have given them some time to work out the kinks from that last game. October has not been kind to the 49ers, who have gone 0-14 SU during that month. On the positive side, they are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games versus teams from the AFC, while also going 12-2 ATS in their last 14 Monday night games.
- Points per Game: 32.00
- Passing Yards: 246.33
- Rushing Yards: 175.00
- Yards per Play: 6.29
- Points per Game: 18.00
- Passing Yards: 208.33
- Rushing Yards: 75.00
- Yards per Play: 4.70
Browns vs 49ers NFL Week 5 Betting Trends
- Cleveland are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against San Francisco
- Cleveland are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland’s last 5 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- San Francisco are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games played in week 5
- San Francisco are 12-2 ATS in their last 14 games played on a Monday
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 7 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Browns vs 49ers
The fact that the 49ers won against the Steelers in spite of all those turnovers tells you how good their defense is. I think they can disrupt Baker Mayfield and company on their way to a comfortable win and cover.
Score: Cleveland Browns 13 – San Francisco 49ers 30
More Week 5 NFL Betting News
- Cowboys vs Texans NFL Week 5 Odds & Betting Preview
- Week Five NFL DFS Picks (Ep. 610)
- Jaguars vs Chiefs NFL Week 5 Betting Odds & Prediction
- Vikings vs Eagles NFL 5 Spread & Betting Preview
- Rams at Seahawks NFL Week 5 Lines & Game Info
- Falcons at Steelers NFL Week 5 Odds & Betting Analysis
- Raiders at Chargers NFL Week 5 Spread & Prediction
- Cardinals vs 49ers NFL Week 5 Lines & Expert Pick
- How to Bet Titans vs Bills NFL Week 5 Lines & Game Preview
- Dolphins vs Bengals NFL Week 5 Odds & Preview
- Giants at Panthers NFL Week 5 Spread & Game Info
- Ravens vs Browns NFL Week 5 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Broncos at Jets NFL Week 5 Odds & Prediction
- NFL Week 5 Parlay Picks