The Cleveland Browns travel to Gillette Stadium to take on the New England Patriots. On paper, it looks like an incredibly tough spot for the Browns, who are in desperate need of a victory after going 2-4 straight up in their first 6 games. Can Cleveland go on a roll? Or, will the Patriots continue to dominate the rest of the NFL? Check out the NFL Week 8 odds, a preview, and a free pick for Browns vs Patriots!
Browns vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 8 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- When: Sunday, Oct. 27 at 4:25pm ET
- Where: Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA
- TV: CBS
- Radio: Browns / Patriots
- Live Stream: DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket
- ATS Odds: Patriots -10 ½
- Over/Under Total Odds: 46 ½
- PM Showers: 13°C/56°F
- Humidity: 62%
- Precipitation: 40%
- Wind: 6 mph SW
- Cloud Cover: 42%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why the Cleveland Browns are a good bet +10 ½?
Before their Week 7 bye, the Cleveland Browns were absolutely awful in back-to-back losses to the San Francisco 49ers and the Seattle Seahawks. The Browns aren’t as bad as what they’ve shown, though. The had a big 14-6 first quarter lead against Seattle before allowing the Seahawks to get back into the game and then overtake them.
If Cleveland made some necessary adjustments during the bye week, they’ll have a shot to keep this closer than the spread. Expect the Browns to put forth a fantastic effort on Oct. 27.
- Total Yards: 351.2
- Passing Yards: 231.3
- Rushing Yards: 119.8
- Points Scored: 20
- Total Yards: 373.3
- Passing Yards: 219.3
- Rushing Yards: 154
- Points Allowed: 25.7
Why the New England Patriots are a good bet -10 ½?
The Patriots field the best defense in the NFL. It only allows 6.9 points per from an average of 223 yards each game. That’s amazing. No team in the NFL, so far, has ?moved the football with ease against the Patriots’ defense.
On offense, Tom Brady is playing like he’s 28-years-old. New England just traded for Atlanta wide receiver Mohamed Sanu, which means Brady has yet another weapon in his arsenal. New England has gone 5-2 ATS this season. It’s hard to believe they cover another game against an inferior opponent.
- Total Yards: 386.3
- Passing Yards: 284.8
- Rushing Yards: 101.5
- Points Scored: 31.7
- Total Yards: 234.7
- Passing Yards: 161
- Rushing Yards: 73.7
- Points Allowed: 8
NFL Week 8 Betting Trends for Browns vs Patriots
- Browns are 5-1 ATS int heir last 6 games on field turf
- Browns are 5-20-1 ATS versus a team with a winning record
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 6 games against an opponent in the AFC East division
- Patriots are 13-3 ATS in their last 16 home games versus a team with a losing road record
- Patriots are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on field turf
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of New England’s last 8 games
Browns vs Patriots Final NFL Betting Analysis
Although the Patriots should be favored by double-digits in this matchup, this game won’t be nearly as easy for New England as the 33-0 victory over the New York Jets this past Monday night was.
The Patriots face a much tougher team. The reason to be bullish on Cleveland is two-fold. First, the offense is the best the Pats defense has faced this season. New England’s record consists of victories over Pittsburgh, the Giants, Buffalo, Washington, Miami, and the Jets twice. That’s not exactly a whose who of offensive football powers.
Second, there’s a big chance the Browns get both their starting cornerbacks, Greedy Williams and Denzel Ward back from injury. If Williams and Ward start, they can most definitely help the Browns beleaguered D.
It’s too much to ask the Browns to upset the Patriots on Sunday. It isn’t too much to ask for the Browns to cover the spread. Take the points.
NFL Free Pick: Cleveland Browns +10 ½
More NFL Week 8 Betting News
- Dolphins vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- NFL Picks Week Eight (Ep. 744)
- Raiders vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Panthers vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Giants vs Lions 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds & Expert Prediction
- Chargers vs Bears 2019 NFL Week 8 Betting Lines & Expert Pick
- Eagles vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Bengals vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Buccaneers vs Titans 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Week Eight Daily Fantasy Football Picks (Ep. 742)
- Cardinals vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines, Game Analysis & Prediction
- Jets vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Game Preview & Betting Pick
- Redskins vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- Browns vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 8 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick