The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are playing some of their best football of the season. It’s too late to make the playoffs this year but could help build some momentum entering the 2020 season. The Detroit Lions, meanwhile, can’t buy a victory lately. Tampa is a road favorite Sunday on the Mybookie NFL odds.
How to Bet Buccaneers vs Lions NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Info
- When: Sunday, 1 PM ET
- Where: Ford Field
- TV: Fox
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- Opening NFL Lines: Tampa Bay Buccaneers -3.5 (Total 47.5)
Buccaneers vs Lions Last MeetingTeams last played Week 14 of the 2017 season with the Bucs losing 24-21 at home. Matthew Stafford passed for 381 yards with an injured throwing hand and set up Matt Prater for a 46-yard field goal in the closing seconds. He completed 36 of 44 attempts and the Lions overcame two interceptions and a fumble.
Jameis Winston completed 26 of 38 passes for 285 yards but had two picks and a lost fumble. Tampa Bay finished with five turnovers, and Winston was sacked three times.
Why Bet on Tampa Bay?Bucs quarterback Jameis Winston passed for 456 yards with four touchdowns and three interceptions for a 107.3 passer rating, and added a rushing touchdown, in the Buccaneers’ 38-35 victory over Indianapolis on Sunday.
Winston became the third quarterback in NFL history to record at least 450 passing yards, four passing touchdowns and a rushing touchdown in a single game, joining Pro Football Hall of Famer Norm Van Brocklin (Week 1, 1951) and Billy Volek (Week 15, 2004).
Winston, who is in his fifth NFL season, has a career-high 4,115 passing yards in 2019 and has three career seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards. He joins Peyton Manning (four seasons), Andrew Luck (three), Pro Football Hall of Famer Dan Marino (three) and Matthew Stafford (three) as the only quarterbacks with at least 4,000 passing yards in three of their first five NFL seasons in league annals.
Winston did suffer a small fracture in his right thumb but the team thinks he will be able to play through it. Winston visited a hand specialist Monday afternoon. Reportedly, the issue was determining if he could risk further injury by continuing to play. Winston also had three more interceptions on Sunday. He’s thrown 23 interceptions on the season, and the Colts were able to score 17 points off Winston’s turnovers.
What about Evans?Coach Bruce Arians joked that he has “the nicest team in the NFL” because of the number of times they turn the ball over. Winston’s turnovers have now resulted in 61 opponents’ points (48 off INTs, 13 off lost fumbles).
Arians said top wideout Mike Evans (hamstring) is “very doubtful” for Week 15 against the Lions. “We’re gonna let it bleed out,” Arians said on Evans’ soft tissue injury. “He was a quick healer when he had it in the spring. He’ll be very doubtful for this week.” The coach added that it could be that Evans’ season is over. He ranks third in receiving yards with 1,157, trailing only Michael Thomas (1,424) and teammate Chris Godwin (1,212) in that statistic.
- Points per Game: 29.08
- Passing Yards: 298.23
- Rushing Yards: 94.62
- Yards per Play: 5.71
- Points per Game: 29.31
- Passing Yards: 278.85
- Rushing Yards: 75.46
- Yards per Play: 5.36
Why Bet on Detroit?The Lions lost their sixth in a row Sunday, 20-7 at Minnesota. David Blough’s touchdown pass to Kenny Golladay with 2:09 left spoiled Minnesota’s bid for its first shutout in two years. For the first time this season, the Lions (3-9-1) never held a lead. They entered the game with 92 first-quarter points, the most in the NFC, but they netted only 70 total yards on 32 plays in the first half.
With Matthew Stafford sidelined by hip and back injuries for the fifth straight game, the rookie quarterback’s first NFL road start was a rough one. Blough went 24 for 40 for 205 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions in the second half. The Lions entered the week averaging 5.8 yards per play, the fourth-best in the NFL, but the Vikings held them to 3.2.
Golladay’s TD catch was his 10th and he notched 58 receiving yards, which gives him 1,008 for the season. It’s the second consecutive year Golladay’s crossed the 1,000 yard threshold, becoming the first player in franchise history to produce two 1,000-yard seasons within their first three years in the NFL.
HistoryHe’s just the fifth player in team history to record a 1,000-yard season with at least 10 touchdowns, joining Calvin Johnson (2008, 2010-11, 2013), Herman Moore (1994-95), Terry Barr (1963) and Cloyce Box (1950). Golladay’s 10 touchdowns are a career high and currently lead the NFL. He’s averaging 19.0 yards per reception and needs just 55 receiving yards over his last three games to match his career high of 1,063 yards, which he set last year.
Bo Scarbrough contributed 65 yards on 19 carries along with one catch for an additional five yards before exiting with a fourth-quarter rib injury Sunday in the Lions’ Week 14 loss to Minnesota. He injured his ribs with 12 minutes to go in the fourth quarter and did not return, though he wouldn’t have been used much anyway with JD McKissic the preferred back on passing downs.
Right tackle Rick Wagner suffered a knee injury and did not return. Linebacker Jarrad Davis suffered a right ankle injury that eventually forced him from the game.
- Points per Game: 22.08
- Passing Yards: 263.15
- Rushing Yards: 102.85
- Yards per Play: 5.57
- Points per Game: 25.77
- Passing Yards: 276.46
- Rushing Yards: 118.15
- Yards per Play: 5.91
Buccaneers vs Lions NFL Week 15 Betting Trends
- Underdog is 8-3 ATS in their last 11 meetings
- Road team is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings
- Buccaneers are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Detroit
- Buccaneers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Tampa Bay’s last 10 games this season
- Lions are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games this season
- Lions are 5-10 ATS in their last 15 games against an opponent in the NFC South division
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit’s last 5 games played in December
Expert Final Score Prediction for Buccaneers vs LionsTampa Bay Buccaneers 30 – Detroit Lions 27
More Week 15 NFL Betting News
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Week Fifteen DFS Picks (Ep. 641)
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- 2018 NFL Week 15 Early Betting Picks for Every Game
- NFL Week 15 Must Bet Games – 2018 Season
- Can Jaguars Cover the Huge Week 15 NFL Spread Against Texans?
Even More Buccaneers vs Lions Archived Betting Articles
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Detroit Lions Early Spread and Betting Trends December 26, 2020
- NFL 2020 Week 10 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL 2020 Week 6 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- Buccaneers 38 vs Lions 17 Result NFL Week 15 Score
- Buccaneers vs Lions 2019 NFL Week 15 Betting Lines & Analysis
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- Detroit at Tampa Bay Week 14 Odds & NFL Betting Pick
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Detroit Lions NFL Betting Odds