Gifted running back Todd Gurley and the St. Louis Rams as well as their NFL betting fans will look to ‘bowl over’ the division rival San Francisco 49ers when the two longtime foes square off in their Week 8 online betting NFC West showdown on Sunday. Now, let’s find out if the Rams can bring home the bacon as near, double-digit home favorites.
When: 1:00 PM ET, Sunday, November 1, 2015
Where: Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis, Missouri
NFL Odds: St. Louis -8
The 49ers got beaten like a rag doll in their humbling 20-3 Week 7 loss to Seattle while never coming close to covering the spread as 6.5-point home underdogs.
Quarterback Colin Kaepernick completed just 13 of 24 passes for 124 yards and was sacked six times in the loss. “Colin’s our quarterback,” Niners head coach Jim Tomsula said, “no controversies.”
The Niners were limited to just 61 rushing yards and lost the time of possession battle by allowing the Seahawks to maintain possession of the ball for almost 39 full minutes as they lost for the fifth time in their last six games. The Niners were held to seven points or less for the third time this season.
“We have to do something to get better. It’s unacceptable,” Tomsula said. “That game is not anything that any of us here are proud of. That’s not how we want to represent ourselves.”
St. Louis rolled all over the struggling Cleveland Browns en route to a convincing 24-6 win as a 6-point home favorite, thanks mostly to the contributions of running back Todd Gurley.
The Rams’ gifted rookie rushed for 128 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries while quarterback Nick Foles completed 15 of 23 passes for 163 yards. “Hopefully we can keep this thing rolling,” said Gurley, who became the first Rams rookie running back since Eric Dickerson (1983) to record three consecutive 100-yard rushing games.
“Just an animal, really,” Foles said about Gurley. “There’s not many people that can run like that, that have ever played this game.”
Defensively, the Rams forced and recovered four fumbles while sacking Browns’ quarterback Josh McCown four times.
52 percent of the betting public likes St. Louis to cover the spread at home, but I don’t. No, I’m going ‘the other way’ with my pick on this Week 8 matchup, mostly because the Rams are struggling to find balance on offense with their passing attack.
Nick Foles has been limited to just one touchdown pass over the last two games while compiling a discouraging 41.7 passer rating. While the Niners are ranked dead last in scoring (14.7 ppg), the Rams haven’t been much better in ranking 31st in scoring (18.0 ppg).
While San Francisco has gone just 3-10 ATS in its last 13 games, the Niners are also 5-0 ATS in their last five Week 8 games and 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games after allowing more than 150 yards rushing in their previous game. St. Louis is 5-2 ATS vs. a team with a losing record, but the Rams are also just 3-6 ATS in its last nine games, 2-5 ATS in their last seven games against their NFC counterparts and 2-7 ATS in their L/9 games following an SU win.
My Pick: St. Louis 24 San Francisco 21
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Betting Predictions for Last Weeks of 2018 Regular Season
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction
- Colts vs Texans NFL Week 14 Lines & Game Preview
- Patriots vs Dolphins NFL Week 14 Odds & Game Info
- Saints at Buccaneers NFL Week 14 Spread & Prediction
- Ravens vs Chiefs NFL Week 14 Odds & Expert Pick
- Bengals vs Chargers NFL Week 14 Lines & Betting Pick
- Broncos vs 49ers NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Panthers vs Browns NFL Week 14 Odds & Game Preview
- Rams vs Bears NFL Week 14 Betting Lines & Game Preview
- How to Bet Jets at Bills NFL Week 14 Spread & Prediction
- Jaguars vs Titans NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Week 14 Over/Under Picks
- NFL Week 14 ATS Betting Picks