Gifted running back Todd Gurley and the St. Louis Rams as well as their NFL betting fans will look to ‘bowl over’ the division rival San Francisco 49ers when the two longtime foes square off in their Week 8 online betting NFC West showdown on Sunday. Now, let’s find out if the Rams can bring home the bacon as near, double-digit home favorites.
When: 1:00 PM ET, Sunday, November 1, 2015
Where: Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis, Missouri
NFL Odds: St. Louis -8
The 49ers got beaten like a rag doll in their humbling 20-3 Week 7 loss to Seattle while never coming close to covering the spread as 6.5-point home underdogs.
Quarterback Colin Kaepernick completed just 13 of 24 passes for 124 yards and was sacked six times in the loss. “Colin’s our quarterback,” Niners head coach Jim Tomsula said, “no controversies.”
The Niners were limited to just 61 rushing yards and lost the time of possession battle by allowing the Seahawks to maintain possession of the ball for almost 39 full minutes as they lost for the fifth time in their last six games. The Niners were held to seven points or less for the third time this season.
“We have to do something to get better. It’s unacceptable,” Tomsula said. “That game is not anything that any of us here are proud of. That’s not how we want to represent ourselves.”
St. Louis rolled all over the struggling Cleveland Browns en route to a convincing 24-6 win as a 6-point home favorite, thanks mostly to the contributions of running back Todd Gurley.
The Rams’ gifted rookie rushed for 128 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries while quarterback Nick Foles completed 15 of 23 passes for 163 yards. “Hopefully we can keep this thing rolling,” said Gurley, who became the first Rams rookie running back since Eric Dickerson (1983) to record three consecutive 100-yard rushing games.
“Just an animal, really,” Foles said about Gurley. “There’s not many people that can run like that, that have ever played this game.”
Defensively, the Rams forced and recovered four fumbles while sacking Browns’ quarterback Josh McCown four times.
52 percent of the betting public likes St. Louis to cover the spread at home, but I don’t. No, I’m going ‘the other way’ with my pick on this Week 8 matchup, mostly because the Rams are struggling to find balance on offense with their passing attack.
Nick Foles has been limited to just one touchdown pass over the last two games while compiling a discouraging 41.7 passer rating. While the Niners are ranked dead last in scoring (14.7 ppg), the Rams haven’t been much better in ranking 31st in scoring (18.0 ppg).
While San Francisco has gone just 3-10 ATS in its last 13 games, the Niners are also 5-0 ATS in their last five Week 8 games and 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games after allowing more than 150 yards rushing in their previous game. St. Louis is 5-2 ATS vs. a team with a losing record, but the Rams are also just 3-6 ATS in its last nine games, 2-5 ATS in their last seven games against their NFC counterparts and 2-7 ATS in their L/9 games following an SU win.
My Pick: St. Louis 24 San Francisco 21
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- NFL Stream | Week 7 Live NFL Streams on Reddit
- Vikings vs Jets NFL Week 7 Odds & Game Preview
- How to Bet Giants at Falcons NFL Week 7 Spread on Monday Night
- Bengals vs Chiefs NFL Week 7 Lines for Sunday Night
- How to Bet Rams vs 49ers NFL Week 7 Spread & Expert Pick
- Cowboys vs Redskins NFL Week 7 Lines & Prediction
- How to Bet Saints vs Ravens NFL Week 7 Spread & Game Analysis
- Lions at Dolphins NFL Week 7 Odds & Expert Pick
- Patriots vs Bears NFL Week 7 Betting Odds & Expert Pick
- Panthers at Eagles NFL Week 7 Odds & Expert Preview
- Texans vs Jaguars NFL Week 7 Spread, Prediction & Pick
- Browns vs Buccaneers NFL Week 7 Odds & Prediction
- Bills at Colts NFL Week 7 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Titans vs Chargers NFL Week 7 Odds & Expert Pick
- How to Bet Broncos at Cardinals NFL Week 7 Spread & Pick
- NFL Week 7 Over/Under Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 Parlay Picks
- NFL Week 7 SU Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Jaguars vs Cowboys NFL Week 6 Odds & Preview
- 49ers at Packers NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction
- Chiefs vs Patriots NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Pick
- Rams at Broncos NFL Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Bills at Texans NFL Week 6 Odds & Game Preview