The Arizona Cardinals and their NFL betting fans will look to avoid the upset and bounce back from their first loss of the season, but they’re going to face a completely desperate Detroit Lions team that is coming off its own crushing loss in Week 5. Now, let’s find out which one of these teams will bring home the bacon!
When: 4:05 PM ET, Sunday, October 11, 2015
Where: Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan
NFL Odds: Arizona -3
The Lions literally came up on the sort end of their 13-10 Week 4 Monday Night loss against Seattle as wide receiver Calvin Johnson fumbled just short of the goal line and then, batted out of the back of the end zone by a Seattle defender. Instead of receiving the ball inside the one-yard line, officials awarded the ball to Seattle as a touchback. The Seahawks then killed the clock to secure the win.
“Now, you can take that situation and drag it out through the week with your players more focused in on that particular play than the opposition that we have to face in just a few days in a very, very good Arizona team,” Detroit coach Jim Caldwell told reporters afterward. “Or you can act ‘woe is me’ and ‘bad call’ and ‘that went against us’ and look at all those kinds of things and that can distract you, you’ll get your ears kicked in come Sunday afternoon.”
Matt Stafford was held to 203 passing yards in the loss and failed to throw a touchdown while the Lions were held to just 53 rushing yards.
The Cardinals are coming off a surprising 24-22 loss against NFC West division rival St. Louis and failed to cover the spread as a 7-point home favorite. The Cardinals succumbed to the Rams voracious defense as quarterback Carson Palmer got sacked four times, picked off once and failed to throw multiple touchdown passes for the first time this season. Defensively, the Cards also allowed Rams signal-caller Nick Foles to throw three touchdowns passes in the loss.
“This is a time for your leadership to stand up,” Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians told reporters. “If you have really good leadership, you won’t lose two in a row.”
A whopping 65 percent of the betting public likes Arizona to cover the spread in this contest, but I’m going the other way with my pick on this Week 5 pairing, mostly because I believe Detroit’s sheer desperation, combined with the fact that they still have plenty of talent on their roster, will lead them to the narrow home win and ATS ‘upset’.
The home team in this long series is 11-0 ATS in their last 11 meetings and the Cardinals are 0-4 ATS in their last four road dates against Detroit. In addition to that, with the Over going 4-0 in the last four meetings in Detroit, I say play the Over.
My Pick: Detroit 24 Arizona 21
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- NFL Betting Predictions for the 2018 Postseason
- Thunder vs Nuggets NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- NFL Betting Predictions for Final 3 Weeks of the 2018 Regular Season
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential AFC Conference Winners
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential NFC Conference Winners
- Patriots at Steelers NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Saints vs Panthers NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Eagles at Rams NFL Week 15 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- How to Bet Cardinals vs Falcons NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick
- Titans vs Giants NFL Week 15 Spread & Expert Pick
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Betting Predictions for Last Weeks of 2018 Regular Season
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction