The Dallas Cowboys will look to slow down the New England Patriots and the Tom Brady express when they host the Pats in a Week 5 matchup that looks more like a mismatch just waiting to happen for all NFL lines fans. Here’s why.
When: 4:25 PM ET, Sunday, October 11, 2015
Where: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas
NFL Odds: New England -8.5
The Cowboys are coming off a heartbreaking 26-20 overtime loss to New Orleans in Week 5 and will be without starting quarterback Tony Romo for the second straight game. Veteran quarterback Brandon Weeden played solid football in defeat by completing 16 of 26 passes for 246 yards and one touchdown in the loss.
Weeden has completed 45-of-59 passes for 551 yards with two touchdowns and one interception in two-plus games since taking over for Romo, but the Boys have struggled to run the ball effectively this season, ranking 16th overall (107.8) after parting ways with league rushing leader DeMarco Murray in the offseason.
New England Patriots
Look, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that the Patriots are far superior to Dallas in every aspect of the game. Not only that, but the Pats are well-rested after getting a bye in Week 4 after annihilating Jacksonville 51-17 two weeks ago in a game that saw Brady complete 33 of 42 passes for 358 yards and two scores. Veteran running back LeGarrette Blount had a career-high three rushing touchdowns in the win while ‘Gronk’ added 101 yards in receptions.
Let me keep it simple by saying that Dallas won’t be able to stop the high-scoring Patriots nearly as often as they’d prefer, nor will they reach the 30-point plateau, making the outcome of this Week 5 matchup a virtual lock the Patriots will easily cover.
The Patriots are 4-0 ATS in their last four games following an SU win and a blistering 9-2 ATS in their last 11 Week 5 games.
On the flip side of the coin, Dallas is just 1-6 ATS in their last seven home games while the favorite in this series is 4-1 ATS in the last five meetings. New England wins and cashes in!
My Pick: New England 35 Dallas 21
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- NFL Betting Predictions for the 2018 Postseason
- Thunder vs Nuggets NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- NFL Betting Predictions for Final 3 Weeks of the 2018 Regular Season
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential AFC Conference Winners
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential NFC Conference Winners
- Patriots at Steelers NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Saints vs Panthers NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Eagles at Rams NFL Week 15 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- How to Bet Cardinals vs Falcons NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick
- Titans vs Giants NFL Week 15 Spread & Expert Pick
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Betting Predictions for Last Weeks of 2018 Regular Season
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction