Even people who only have a passing interest in football are well aware that a team lives or dies by the man they have installed at the QB position. Sure, there have been some bad teams with good QB’s, but for the most part, an elite QB can keep a team being favorite at the NFL betting odds week after week.
The Redskins and Seahawks hook up in Seattle this Sunday, where Russell Wilson and the Seahawks are a 7-point favorite and the point total is set at 45.
Seattle was, for the most part, an average team until Russell Wilson came along. Not a lot was expected of this young man when he entered the league, but he took to life in the NFL rather quickly, turning Seattle into a championship winning team.
Finding a great QB is not always easy, as there are not a lot of them, which is why the decision to keep Kirk Cousins on the franchise tag for two years seems like a moment of madness from the Washington Redskins. Cousins has done more than enough to warrant a big, long-term contract, but the Redskins brass continue to drag their feet, and that may end up costing them this coming offseason, as the rumors of Cousins moving on are beginning to gather steam.
Let’s find out which QB has the best chances to lead their team to victory in Week 9 of the 2017 NFL Regular Season.
Redskins (3-4) vs. Seahawks (5-2) NFL Betting Odds & Game Preview
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) 3 de noviembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, November 5 at 4:05 PM EST
- Where: CenturyLink Field, Seattle
- TV: CBS
- Radio: 92.7 FM (Washington) / 97.3 FM (Seattle)
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Betting Odds: Seattle Seahawks -7 (Over/Under at 45)
- Chance of Rain: 6°C/42°F
- Humidity: 69%
- Precipitation: 33%
- Cloud Cover: 94%
- Wind: 9 mph NNW
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Washington leads 6-4
- Score: Washington 18.60 / Seattle 19.40
- Rush Yards: Washington 122.10 / Seattle 129.60
- Pass Attempts: Washington 34.00 / Seattle 30.30
- Completion Percentage: Washington 57.06 / Seattle 60.07
- Passing Yards: Washington 205.40 / Seattle 190.20
- Total Yards: Washington 327.5 / Seattle 319.8
- Turnovers: Washington 1.30 / Seattle 1.80
Why consider the Redskins NFL Betting Odds?
This game represents the halfway point of the season for the Redskins, and it’s more than fair to suggest that they are beginning to enter the must-win territory. They come into this one with a 3-4 record, which is by no means good enough in a division where the Philadelphia Eagles are sitting at 7-1. Realistically, the only clear path that the Redskins have to the playoffs is via the Wild Card, but to get there they are going to need to win the majority of their games in the second half of the season.
The Redskins started the season well enough, but 3 losses in their last 4 games, including back to back defeats at the hand of division rivals, has put them in a very tough spot. Not a lot of teams see much success when playing in Seattle, but the Redskins have won 6 of their last 9 games there, although they have lost to Seattle the last two times they have met.
- Average Score For: 22.86
- Total Yards: 377.14
- Rush Yards: 105.43
- Passing Yards: 271.71
- Average Score Against: 25.71
- Total Yards: 322.57
- Rush Yards: 104.43
- Passing Yards: 218.14
Why consider the Seahawks NFL Betting Odds?
We regularly talk about how good teams generally start to show what they are made of as the season progresses. The Seattle Seahawks are the epitome of that, turning a very sluggish start to the year into a 5-2 record and a division lead. The Seahawks are winners of 4 straight, including a thrilling come from behind win over the Houston Texans last weekend.
This is a team that was considered a serious playoff contender at the start of the year, and they are now starting to justify that label. As we have said before, the Seahawks are a good team, but they have a tendency to be great at home, where they are 11-1 SU in their last 12. Seattle is 4-2 SU in their last 6 meetings with the Redskins and is 4-1-1 ATS in those same 6 games.
- Average Score For: 25.00
- Total Yards: 370.28
- Rush Yards: 97.57
- Passing Yards: 272.71
- Average Score Against: 18.86
- Total Yards: 333.71
- Rush Yards: 117.71
- Passing Yards: 216.00
Latest NFL Week 9 Betting Trends
- Redskins are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- Redskins are 3-5-1 SU in their last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games
- Seahawks are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing Washington
- Seahawks are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Seattle’s last 8 games when playing at home against Washington
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
Given how well Seattle is playing right now, it’s tough to imagine that they will lose this one, especially playing at home. I like the Seahawks to roll to a comfortable victory where they cover the spread and the point total goes slightly OVER.
Score: Washington Redskins 17 – Seattle Seahawks 30