While the majority of eyes will be on the playoff races that are in full swing in Week 16 of the NFL season, you can bet that every football fan is going to be keeping an eye on the progress of the game between the Cleveland Browns and the Chicago Bears. Sure, this is a meaningless game between two of the worst teams in the league this season, but it is also potentially one more step towards Cleveland finishing the year without a single win, just as the NFL odds are predicting.
There appear to be two definite camps among NFL fan and bettors: those who would like to see the Browns break their goose egg in the next two weeks and those who have a somewhat morbid fascination with seeing them go 0-16.
With the Steelers on the horizon, this would certainly appear to be the last opportunity for the Browns to get that win, but they are going up against a Bears team that has been competitive this year, and who appear to have found their franchise QB in Mitch Trubisky. The Bears are favored by 6 ½ points, with the point total set at 38.
Cleveland (0-14) at Chicago (4-10) Week 16 NFL Odds & Expert Pick
— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) 21 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, December 24 at 1 PM EST
- Where: Soldier Field, Chicago
- TV: CBS
- Radio: 92.3 FM (Cleveland) / 780 AM (Chicago)
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Odds: Chicago Bears -6.5 (Over/Under at )
- Mostly Cloudy: -4°C/25°F
- Humidity: 47%
- Precipitation: 15%
- Cloud Cover: 79%
- Wind: 9 mph WNW
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 4 Games)
- Record: Chicago Bears lead 3-1
- Score: Cleveland Browns 19.50 / Chicago Bears 26.25
- Rush Yards: Cleveland Browns 89.00 / Chicago Bears 156.00
- Pass Attempts: Cleveland Browns 29.00 / Chicago Bears 34.25
- Completion Percentage: Cleveland Browns 57.76 / Chicago Bears 62.04
- Passing Yards: Cleveland Browns 185.00 / Chicago Bears 216.00
- Total Yards: Cleveland Browns 274.00 / Chicago Bears 372.00
- Turnovers: Cleveland Browns 2.50 / Chicago Bears 2.75
Why consider the Cleveland Browns NFL Odds?
The Browns best shot at winning came a couple of weeks ago in a game against the Green Bay Packers. The Browns gassed a lead late on, and then finally succumbed in overtime after DeShone Kizer was picked trying to make a pass that never had a shot at being completed.
The final series of events in that game pretty much summed up the Browns franchise over the past decade or so. It has been a series of bad plays and poor decisions that have led them to this point, and if the rumors are true about them going after QB Sam Darnold in the draft, then you have to believe that they have already given up on their newest QB.
Not only have the Browns failed to win this year, they have also not been that competitive, going just 3-11 ATS, which includes being 1-5 ATS in games played away from home.
- Average Score For: 14.79
- Total Yards: 308.14
- Rush Yards: 109.71
- Passing Yards: 198.43
- Average Score Against: 25.86
- Total Yards: 331.71
- Rush Yards: 96.07
- Passing Yards: 235.64
Why consider the Chicago Bears NFL Odds?
The Chicago Bears may only be a 4-10 team right now, but they have been better than a lot of people expected this year. They decided to roll the dice with rookie QB Mitch Trubisky early in the season and the young man has looked very comfortable for the most part, although he has made some rookie mistakes, which is to be expected.
The Bears have played a lot of teams close this season, and the wins that they have picked up have come against some of the best teams in the league (Steelers, Panthers, Ravens). The last time they faced a team from the AFC North was a couple of weeks ago when they manhandled the Bengals in a 33-7 win in what was Trubisky’s best start of the year. While the Bears have not won a lot of games, they are 8-3-1 ATS in their last 12 home games.
- Average Score For: 16.71
- Total Yards: 295.57
- Rush Yards: 118.50
- Passing Yards: 177.07
- Average Score Against: 21.00
- Total Yards: 323.21
- Rush Yards: 107.64
- Passing Yards: 215.57
Latest NFL Betting Trends for Week 16
- Browns are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games
- Browns are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 5 games on the road
- Bears are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- Bears are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chicago’s last 7 games at home
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
I really believe that the Cleveland Browns are destined to go 0-16 this year, which is why I am all over the Bears in this one. I like the Bears to win and cover, and the total to go UNDER.
Score: Cleveland Browns 13 – Chicago Bears 24