The Arizona Cardinals will be looking to extend their winning ways when they hit the road to take on the streaking New Orleans Saints in a Week 8 matchup that suddenly looks like a fun-filled matchup waiting to happen. With the Cards playing well behind rookie quarterback Kyler Murray and Drew Brees possibly making his return from injury in this contest, let’s find out if Arizona can pull off the upset or cover the chalk as a near double-digit road dog in this one.
Cardinals vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines, Game Analysis & Prediction
- When: Sunday October 27, 2019 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, LA
- TV: CBS
- Radio: Arizona / New Orleans
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 8 Odds: New Orleans -9.5 / Total: 48
- Partly Cloudy: 24°C/76°F
- Humidity: 75%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Wind: 9 mph N
- Cloud Cover: 37%
- Type of Stadium: Indoor
Why Bet On Arizona?
Despite the fact that the Cards are taking on a Saints team that has some serious Super Bowl aspirations, there a a handful of good reasons to back Arizona in this matchup. First, the Cardinals have some momentum going as they come into this contest riding an impressive three-game winning streak. While Arizona’s wins came against the winless Bengals, dysfunctional Falcons and rebuilding Giants, Arizona put 26 points or more on the board in each contest. Then, there’s the fact that the Cardinals have won two straight road games.
Last but not least, to me, it’s clear that No. 1 overall draft pick Kyler Murray is seriously gifted, both, athletically and mentally and will be a long-time starter in the NFL after recording seven TD asses and two more on the ground while completing 64.5% of his passes with a modest four interceptions.
- Average Score For: 22.33
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 254.17
- Rush Yards: 122.67
- Average Score Against: 28.50
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 281.17
- Rush Yards: 132.83
Why Bet On New Orleans?
Make no mistake about it, there are a bunch of great reasons to back New Orleans in this matchup. First, the Saints are on fire, having won five straight games including a 36-25 road win over Chicago last weekend. Then, there’s the fact that New Orleans could see starting quarterback and future Hall of Famer Drew Brees back in action in this contest, although that’s not etched in stone at the time of this writing.
Last but not least, there’s the fact that it’s readily apparent that backup quarterback Teddy Bridgewater could start for at least half the teams in the NFL after tossing nine TD passes and just two interceptions while completing a blistering 67.7% of his passes and leading New Orleans to five straight wins.
- Average Score For: 21.33
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 240.33
- Rush Yards: 104.33
- Average Score Against: 20.33
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 237.67
- Rush Yards: 103
NFL Week 8 Betting Trends for Cardinals vs Saints
- Cardinals are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- Cardinals are 5-12-1 SU in their last 18 games
- The total went OVER in 4 of Arizona’s last 6 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- Saints are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games
- Saints are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games
- The total went OVER in 6 of New Orleans’ last 7 games against Arizona
Cardinals vs Saints Expert Analysis and Prediction
I like Kyler Murray a lot and no, it’s not because we’re the same height (well…okay, that’s part of the reason). All jokes aside, Murray is seriously gifted and can make all sorts of plays from the pocket, outside of the pocket and with his legs. Still though, New Orleans is in another class altogether from the three pitiful teams that Arizona has beaten recently and I’m expecting the Saints to take care of business at home in this affair whether Brees plays or not.
Arizona is 0-4 ATS in their last four road dates against New Orleans and 3-7 ATS in their last 10 meetings overall. While the Saints have gone an uninspiring 2-5 ATS in their last seven home games, they’re also 5-0 ATS in their last five games and a bankroll-boosting 20-6 ATS in their last 26 games following an ATS win. Know the Cardinals are a near-perfect 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games against a team with a winning home record, but the Saints are the pick for me to get the double-digit win at home.
Pick: New Orleans 35 Arizona 21
More NFL Week 8 Betting News
- Dolphins vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- NFL Picks Week Eight (Ep. 744)
- Raiders vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Panthers vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Giants vs Lions 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds & Expert Prediction
- Chargers vs Bears 2019 NFL Week 8 Betting Lines & Expert Pick
- Eagles vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Bengals vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Buccaneers vs Titans 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Week Eight Daily Fantasy Football Picks (Ep. 742)
- Cardinals vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 8 Lines, Game Analysis & Prediction
- Jets vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Game Preview & Betting Pick
- Redskins vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 8 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- Browns vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 8 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick