There are 3 weeks left in the NFL season, and while most of the divisions look to be settled, there are a couple that looks as though they are going to go right down to the wire. The tightest race going on right now is in the AFC West, where you have three teams all vying for one spot. Given the current records of said teams, it’s fair to suggest that it will be only the division winner that gets in, and even then, they will be forced to play in Wild Card Weekend. The NFL Week 15 odds favorite LA Chargers and Kansas City Chiefs are both sitting on a 7-6 record, which makes their Saturday night meeting all the more important.
The winner of this one is going to take control of the division, while the loser may end up being passed by the Oakland Raiders, who are the third team in the mix. Winning at Arrowhead Stadium is always a challenge for visiting teams, but the Chargers are on a roll right now and are sure to like their chances.
The Chargers are in as a 1-point favorite, with the point total for this one set at 46.
Los Angeles (7-6) at Kansas City Chiefs (7-6) NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Preview
— Los Angeles Chargers (@Chargers) 13 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Saturday, December 16 at 8:25 PM EST
- Where: Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City
- TV: NFL Network
- Radio: 640 AM (Los Angeles) / 95.5 FM (Kansas City)
- Live Stream: NFL Live
- NFL Week 15 Odds: Los Angeles Chargers -1 (Over/Under at 46)
- Clear: 8°C/47°F
- Humidity: 42%
- Precipitation: 0&
- Cloud Cover: 8%
- Wind: 10 mph SSW
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Kansas City Chiefs lead 7-3
- Score: Los Angeles Chargers 19.60 / Kansas City Chiefs 25.40
- Rush Yards: Los Angeles Chargers 107.80 / Kansas City Chiefs 131.30
- Pass Attempts: Los Angeles Chargers 34.40 / Kansas City Chiefs 29.70
- Completion Percentage: Los Angeles Chargers 62.21 / Kansas City Chiefs 69.70
- Passing Yards: Los Angeles Chargers 236.60 / Kansas City Chiefs 212.20
- Total Yards: Los Angeles Chargers 344.4 / Kansas City Chiefs 343.5
- Turnovers: Los Angeles Chargers 1.50 / Kansas City Chiefs 1.00
Why bet on the LA Chargers?
The Chargers have very quietly moved their way back into playoff contention by winning each of their last 4 games. Yes, their schedule was a little easier than most during this run, but with wins required to get back into the hunt, you still need to give them credit for getting the job done when the pressure was on. The last 3 games have been particularly good for the Chargers, especially on the defensive side of the football, with just 29 points surrendered in the last 3, which is why they are the NFL Week 15 odds favorite.
Besides being 4-1 SU in their last 5, LA has also gone 4-1 ATS in those outings. They are 3-3 SU on the road this season, but perhaps, more importantly, are just 2-2 in divisional games, which is why they are currently losing the tiebreaker to KC, who are 3-1 in the division. A loss for the Chargers in this one could well prove to be too much to return from with only 2 games left after this one.
- Average Score For: 22.92
- Total Yards: 372.69
- Rush Yards: 99.46
- Passing Yards: 273.23
- Average Score Against: 17.31
- Total Yards: 325.08
- Rush Yards: 124.77
- Passing Yards: 200.31
Why bet on the Kansas City Chiefs?
If any team needed a win in Week 14 to get back on track, it was the Kansas City Chiefs. Let’s not forget that this is a team that started the season 5-0, but who went into a tailspin after that great start. They did come up with a big win last week, though, taking out the Oakland Raiders to snap a 4-game losing streak and find their way back to the top of the West.
Given how they have been playing, though, there need to be some doubts about their ability to put together back to back wins against division rivals. Recent form may not have been great, but the Chiefs have won 16 of their last 21 games at home, which cannot be overlooked. They are also 5-2 SU in their last 7 games versus the Chargers at Arrowhead Stadium.
- Average Score For: 25.31
- Total Yards: 371.31
- Rush Yards: 116.62
- Passing Yards: 254.69
- Average Score Against: 22.23
- Total Yards: 373.39
- Rush Yards: 124.85
- Passing Yards: 248.54
Latest Betting Trends for NFL Week 15
- Chargers are 4-1 ATS in the last 5 games
- Chargers are 4-1 SU in the last 5 games
- The total went UNDER in 7 of LA Chargers’s last 8 games
- Chiefs are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 games
- Chiefs are 1-4 SU in the last 5 games
- The total went UNDER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 5 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
I think we are going to get a closely fought battle here, and I think we are potentially looking at a field goal game. The Chargers have all the momentum right now, which is why I like them to back the NFL Week 15 odds, with the point total falling just UNDER.
Score: LA Chargers 24 – Kansas City Chiefs 21