Although not yet eliminated, neither the L.A. Chargers nor the Jacksonville Jaguars should make the playoffs this season. On Sunday, the 4-8 teams battle it out on TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville. Will the Chargers win and cover as the road favorite? Or, will the Jaguars keep the game within a field goal? Check out the NFL odds, a preview and a free pick for Chargers vs Jaguars!
Chargers vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Sunday, Dec.8 at 4:05 pm ET
- Where: TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville, FL
- TV: FOX
- ATS Odds: Chargers -3
- Over/Under Total Odds: 43
- Partly Cloudy: 24°C/75°F
- Humidity: 69%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Wind: 9 mph ENE
- Cloud Cover: 47%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why the L.A. Chargers are a good bet -3?
Los Angeles’ offense hasn’t played as well as it did last season. But the defense has played great. The Chargers rank 4th in total yards allowed. Opponents average 309.2 yards per against LAC. No opponent has success throwing the football. Los Angeles hold their foes to 199.3 passing yards per. Unless the defense implodes, it will contain Jacksonville’s offense. On the other side of the ball, the Jags should have trouble keeping the Chargers from scoring touchdowns.
- Total Yards: 363.2
- Passing Yards: 274.2
- Rushing Yards: 89.1
- Points Scored: 20.3
- Total Yards: 309.2
- Passing Yards: 199.3
- Rushing Yards: 109.9
- Points Allowed: 20.1
Why the Jacksonville Jaguars are a good bet +3?
In Week 13, Jacksonville made a key change at halftime. They benched Nick Foles and put in Gardner Minshew. Minshew led the team to a second-half victory. While Tampa outscored the Jags 25-0 in the first half, the Jaguars outscored the Buccaneers 8-6 in the second half. Now that Minshew is the starter the rest of the season, Jacksonville’s offense should get consistent.
- Total Yards: 359.4
- Passing Yards: 246
- Rushing Yards: 113.4
- Points Scored: 18.3
- Total Yards: 360.4
- Passing Yards: 223.8
- Rushing Yards: 136.6
- Points Allowed: 24.3
NFL Betting Trends for L.A. Chargers vs Jacksonville Jaguars
- Chargers are 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. a team with a losing home record
- Chargers are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games
- The total went UNDER in 8 of the LA Chargers’ last 11 games
- Jaguars are 4-1 ATS versus a team with a losing record
- Jaguars are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games
- The total went UNDER in 8 of Jacksonville’s last 10 games at home
Chargers vs Jaguars Final NFL Betting Analysis
On paper, the Chargers tower over the Jaguars. But Los Angeles finds a way to lose close football games. Why? The offense is a mess.
Even though the Chargers have a couple of great running backs in Austin Ekeler and Melvin Gordon, they haven’t produced points. Los Angeles only averages 20.3 points per game. That’s not enough in the NFL to challenge teams like Kansas City and Baltimore.
Jacksonville had no Super Bowl dreams before the season started. The Chargers did. Now that those dreams are up in smoke, LAC has nothing to play for. Gardner Minshew does. Minshew threw for 147 yards and a TD in one half versus Tampa. He should have a better game on Sunday. The Jags beat the Bolts straight up.
NFL Free Pick: Jacksonville Jaguars moneyline
More NFL Week 14 Betting News
- Giants vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Titans vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Expert Prediction
- Redskins vs Packers 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Game Info & Betting Pick
- Bengals vs Browns 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Seahawks vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- 49ers vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread, Betting Preview & Expert Pick
- Chiefs vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread, Game Info & Betting Preview
- NFL Picks Week 14 (Ep. 761)
- Broncos vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 14 Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Lions vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- Steelers vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Dolphins vs Jets 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Colts vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Week 14 Daily Fantasy Football Picks (Ep. 759)