While some portions of the playoff picture are starting to take shape, things in the NFC are still quite cloudy. The events of Week 14 did little to help clear things up, and we now get to look forward to another batch of games that have playoff significance, which is why taking an NFL betting pick may be a little harder than past weeks.
Winning the division is the only clear way in, especially when you consider that there is a legitimate chance that a 10-win team in the NFC may still end up on the outside looking in. This means that there are a few teams in the conference who have a very little margin for error, with the Detroit Lions being among that group. They certainly helped their cause with a win last weekend, but almost certainly need to win out if they are to have any shot at a Wild Card spot.
Given what the Minnesota Vikings are doing in the NFC North, the Wild Card is the only way in for the other teams in that division who still have postseason aspirations. The Lions will have a tricky one on Saturday against their division rivals, the Chicago Bears, and come into this one as a 5 ½ point favorite, with the point total set at 44.
Bears (4-9) vs. Lions (7-6) Week 15 Game Preview & NFL Betting Pick
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) 13 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Saturday, December 16 at 4:30 PM EST
- Where: Ford Field, Detroit
- TV: NFL Network
- Radio: 101.7 FM (Chicago) / 95.7 FM (Detroit)
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- Week 15 NFL Odds: Detroit Lions -5.5 (Over/Under at 44)
- Mostly Cloudy: -4°C/24°F
- Humidity: 82%
- Precipitation: 8%
- Cloud Cover: 76%
- Wind: 7 mph ESE
- Stadium Type: Indoor
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Detroit Lions lead 8-2
- Score: Chicago Bears 22.00 / Detroit Lions 26.10
- Rush Yards: Chicago Bears 101.70 / Detroit Lions 107.20
- Pass Attempts: Chicago Bears 37.60 / Detroit Lions 37.90
- Completion Percentage: Chicago Bears 62.50 / Detroit Lions 63.59
- Passing Yards: Chicago Bears 251.80 / Detroit Lions 268.00
- Total Yards: Chicago Bears 353.5 / Detroit Lions 375.2
- Turnovers: Chicago Bears 1.30 / Detroit Lions 2.00
Why should the Bears be your NFL Betting Pick?
This was always going to be a difficult season for the rebuilding Chicago Bears, but it certainly looks as though they may have found their QB of the future. Rookie Mitch Trubisky was handed the reins in the early part of the season, and it looks as though he is starting to get very comfortable under center. He has been particularly good over the last two weeks, and had the best start of his young career last weekend versus the Bengals, passing for 271 yards and a TD in a 33-7 win for the Bears.
He is one that the Bears will be building around via the upcoming draft, and they will be hoping that he continues to improve over the final few weeks, starting with a big performance over the Lions this weekend. The bad news for the Bears is that they have only won 1 of their last 9 games in Detroit, and are also just 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games there.
- Average Score For: 17.23
- Total Yards: 291.46
- Rush Yards: 124.31
- Passing Yards: 167.15
- Average Score Against: 21.08
- Total Yards: 325.54
- Rush Yards: 108.92
- Passing Yards: 216.62
Why should the Lions be your NFL Betting Pick?
The Detroit Lions have proven to be a pretty resilient bunch this season, as they continually seem to be able to pull themselves back from the brink of playoff elimination. They did it again last weekend with a big 24-21 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a victory that moved them to 7-6 and still within sight of the Wild Card in the NFC.
The Lions are one of those teams that needs to probably win out if they are to get into the postseason, as it is beginning to look increasingly as though double-digit wins will be required to make it beyond the regular season in this conference.
Detroit has actually been better on the road than they have been at home this season, where they have gone just 2-4 SU and ATS. They might well be able to improve on that against a Bears team that has historically struggled at Ford Field.
- Average Score For: 26.00
- Total Yards: 344.54
- Rush Yards: 76.31
- Passing Yards: 268.23
- Average Score Against: 25.31
- Total Yards: 363.39
- Rush Yards: 116.31
- Passing Yards: 247.08
Latest NFL Week 15 Betting Trends
- Bears are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- Bears are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chicago’s last 6 games when playing Detroit
- Lions are 3-5-1 ATS in their last 9 games
- Lions are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Detroit’s last 6 games
Expert NFL Betting Pick and Final Score Prediction
A loss here may well mean the end of the road for the Detroit Lions in their quest for the playoffs, so look for them to come out and try to get on the board early. I like the Lions to win and cover, and for the point total, go UNDER.
Score: Chicago Bears 16 – Detroit Lions 27